IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

Spend 30 bucks or spend 15 seconda after each round? I'll just keep doing it for myself

But It’s not official.  And even if you don’t care, you won’t be able to do it yourself after the first of the year.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, David in FL said:

But It’s not official.  And even if you don’t care, you won’t be able to do it yourself after the first of the year.

I won't be able to do it myself after the first of the year? Are my maths skills going to disappear? Are they going to a "secret" formula? I don't care that it isn't official because I know it is right at the moment.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

3 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

I won't be able to do it myself after the first of the year? Are my maths skills going to disappear? Are they going to a "secret" formula? I don't care that it isn't official because I know it is right at the moment.

You will not be able to enter any competition or league that requires a HC. If you don’t care about that, fine. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

You won’t know the daily adjustment that is automatically applied.

Nor would you be contributing to the data that helps set that adjustment.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I went from 31 to 29 after 9 holes of our club championship were cancelled. But this is my only 2nd tournament in the last two years so I’m pretty much sandbagging. Next year when the rules change I should be able to get an accurate HCP. My guess is it’s in the 20 range. 

• 2 weeks later...

Season's over here in NJ. Finished at 12.5, which is half a stroke better than I started this year at. Not kind of improvement I was hoping for, but tbh I didn't practice much this year. I'm happy with it.

• Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

12 hours ago, billchao said:

Season's over here in NJ. Finished at 12.5, which is half a stroke better than I started this year at. Not kind of improvement I was hoping for, but tbh I didn't practice much this year. I'm happy with it.

I ended with 13.0, which is better, but not my target. I didn’t get to play a lot in the fall. This is my favorite season to play too.  But 13 is my favorite number, so I have that going for me, which is nice.

Scott

My Swing Thread

On 11/2/2019 at 7:06 AM, boogielicious said:

I ended with 13.0, which is better, but not my target.

As long as it's gone down over the season I feel like it's a win.

I didn’t get to play a lot in the fall.

I haven't played in a couple of weeks myself. Now that it's cold and the handicap season is over I'm even less motivated to go out.

This is my favorite season to play too.

I'm actually not a fan of fall golf. The weather can be nice, but leaves on the ground makes it easier to lose my ball.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

19 hours ago, billchao said:

I'm actually not a fan of fall golf. The weather can be nice, but leaves on the ground makes it easier to lose my ball.

My wife plays neon orange balls. In the fall, they blend right in. :-P

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't think I'm going to post here after every round, but after two good rounds over the weekend to start the year off, I'm down to a 12.0.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

This may have been covered before, but I've posted scores all through the COVID-19 course modifications. My rule is if I play, I post the score.  I know some people who haven't done this. I'm not sure how much the shallow holes (or raised cups) affect one's scoring. I do think bunkers that have not been raked properly have made a minor difference for me. Also, walking and carrying affected my performance early on. I was so tired around hole #15 or #16, I didn't finish my rounds very well. After six weeks I've gotten in better shape and have actually parred 18, which is our most difficult hole, a couple of times. Carts are now being allowed, but I'm going to keep walking until it gets really hot.         Anyway, I try to keep my index up to date on this site and the five others on which I post. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Hoganman1 said:

This may have been covered before, but I've posted scores all through the COVID-19 course modifications. My rule is if I play, I post the score.  I know some people who haven't done this. I'm not sure how much the shallow holes (or raised cups) affect one's scoring. I do think bunkers that have not been raked properly have made a minor difference for me. Also, walking and carrying affected my performance early on. I was so tired around hole #15 or #16, I didn't finish my rounds very well. After six weeks I've gotten in better shape and have actually parred 18, which is our most difficult hole, a couple of times. Carts are now being allowed, but I'm going to keep walking until it gets really hot.         Anyway, I try to keep my index up to date on this site and the five others on which I post. 

Good. Yes, you're supposed to estimate your most likely score (i.e. if a ball goes in and bounced out only because of a pool noodle, it's holed and you move along) and post. So it sounds like you're doing things properly.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

Have been playing some very solid golf lately, couple of low and mid 70s rounds has dropped my handicap to the lowest it has ever been, 4.8

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :tmade: TP5x

Mine dropped down to 8.6 as of my round yesterday, I used to be able to see what rounds counted against my handicap and which ones don't, but it's not labeled that way anymore so not sure which ones they are using.

Editing to add that I found where they show which 8 of the past 20 are being used.

Edited by JGus
Update

Gus
---------------

• Administrator

I'm a +1.9 right now who feels like he wouldn't play to a 19. 😄

Might be slightly exaggerating. But still.

P.S. I could beat Tom Brady, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am not sure what program we use at the club but I track my rounds with Swing U.  Club has me at 12.  Swing U has me at 10. The A player in each group tracks the scores and I don’t pay to much attention to what they turn in. Most of my tournament rounds are at my club or one nearby and with the same 100 or so,people. The difference in handicap does not typically affect my flight so I don’t bother with it. 

:ping:    Driver, 3 wood  G410 Plus  G 700 irons  :cleveland:  CBX 50-54-56  :scotty_cameron: Squareback   Gigem

Still a 12, but anticipating that going up a bit. I have a 9 differential dropping off after my next round. Plus, I will be traveling and playing unfamiliar courses.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!