IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by cipher

Ha Ha, I can't complain at all to be honest.  I essentially have changed everything about how I swing the club this year and have still dropped from 4.5 in spite of all the changes, and losing my ability to putt.  With trying to get used to everything it is not bad at all really.  We can't all do it in a year...

I can still complain!  I've "only" dropped from 9.9 in January to 6.8 a month ago, (but now 7.0).  What's wrong with those guys???? ;)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Profiles hell, crawfish (that's Bahamaian for lobster) season opens today.

Yeah mon!  Mini season was last week over here.....sadly, I didn't get out.  Soon though, the scuba tanks are filled and ready.  I just LOVE to see those antennae waving out from under the rocks!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by David in FL

Quote:

Profiles hell, crawfish (that's Bahamaian for lobster) season opens today.

Yeah mon!  Mini season was last week over here.....sadly, I didn't get out.  Soon though, the scuba tanks are filled and ready.  I just LOVE to see those antennae waving out from under the rocks!

Free diving only in the Bahamas.  No spearing or other methods of taking any marine life except on the air you can hold in your lungs.

Back on topic (sort of ) my handicap for that is that I can maybe make 30 seconds these days.  Used to be able to dive 40-45 feet, but not any more - too old  and out of shape.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Free diving only in the Bahamas.  No spearing or other methods of taking any marine life except on the air you can hold in your lungs.

Back on topic (sort of  ) my handicap for that is that I can maybe make 30 seconds these days.  Used to be able to dive 40-45 feet, but not any more - too old  and out of shape.

We expect pictures of any catch!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Are spearguns still outlawed? We did some spearfishing a few years ago off the Berry Islands and could only use Hawaiian slings.

Tyler Martin

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

Quote:

Are spearguns still outlawed? We did some spearfishing a few years ago off the Berry Islands and could only use Hawaiian slings.

Only slings are allowed.  One of the Bahamas chief attractions (not to mention a major form of subsistence for the less affluent islanders) is fishing, so regulations are quite strict.  It's  also one few island nations where sharks are 100% protected.

We better get this back on topic.

Rick

Only slings are allowed.  One of the Bahamas chief attractions (not to mention a major form of subsistence for the less affluent islanders) is fishing, so regulations are quite strict.  It's  also one few island nations where sharks are 100% protected.

We better get this back on topic.

Yeah, it makes for better diving with regulations. You know there's always going to be fish. And didn't know that about the sharks.

Back to the topic we go. Only played one round since I last updated my handicap on my profile, and there was really no change.

Tyler Martin

Mine is a legit EGA handicap. From the first time I played a round, I wanted an offical handicap. Still working on the goal to become a single digit player. Only when (not if) that goal is reached I will set a new goal. My handicap helps me to focus on getting better.

Someone there please.

The other day I was playing with a new set of clubs that my son gave me (ADAMS) and a friend of mine made the observation that my clubs were very long.  And if I would customs my clubs my game would improve.

This new set was taking from the shelf, and I love it.

Its true that I'm a short guy 5.5" and perhaps some adjustments are needed.

Please advise.

Originally Posted by Perazzi

Someone there please.

The other day I was playing with a new set of clubs that my son gave me (ADAMS) and a friend of mine made the observation that my clubs were very long.  And if I would customs my clubs my game would improve.

This new set was taking from the shelf, and I love it.

Its true that I'm a short guy 5.5" and perhaps some adjustments are needed.

Please advise.

Easy enough to choke down on the clubs a little and compare your ball striking. You could even put tape on the club face to compare the impact marks. If you like the feel of the shorter clubs you might want to have them cut down (or just choke down the same amount each time).

Be aware that if you cut them down the swing weight will change...But they can be brought back to the same swing weight by adding weight to the head.

Originally Posted by Motown88

That is a terrible goal...that was once my goal and I succeeded, for a very short time! Your goal should be become a single digit handicap AND keep it!!!

No, its not. First goal is getting there. Most of the time, after setting a new all time low, there will be a setback. So lets say I will reach my goal and get to a 9.9. Then there is time for beer, celebration, cheers, boasting, understanding the secret single digit handshake

And setting a new goal...

Back to the topic: how many of you did earn the handicap in competition kind of circumstances? This year I played for the first time in my life the yearly strokeplay championship at my club and made a +11 the first round. Handicap dropped 0.6. Missed the cut because of my terrible second round (same day).

Originally Posted by MacDutch

No, its not. First goal is getting there. Most of the time, after setting a new all time low, there will be a setback. So lets say I will reach my goal and get to a 9.9. Then there is time for beer, celebration, cheers, boasting, understanding the secret single digit handshake

Back to the topic: how many of you did earn the handicap in competition kind of circumstances? This year I played for the first time in my life the yearly strokeplay championship at my club and made a +11 the first round. Handicap dropped 0.6. Missed the cut because of my terrible second round (same day).

I like your goal.  I am tantalizingly close but can't seem to reach it.  But it does make me work harder.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by MacDutch

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motown88

That is a terrible goal...that was once my goal and I succeeded, for a very short time! Your goal should be become a single digit handicap AND keep it!!!

Yeah, a setback, but who knew that it would be this long?  I hit a 9.6 index in 1991, for one month (2 revisions), and it's never been that low again since.  I spent a few years wobbling between the low 10's and low 11's, but never ducked under 10 since that one time.  The only reason it lasted for 2 revisions was because I only played 2 rounds during that month.

To be honest, though, I've never set any goals for my game aside from playing my best each time and having a good time doing so.  I'm not "driven" to improve.  I try to enjoy golf for its own sake and that just means I can have fun on a poor course without griping like so many do on the forum.  I can be playing poorly and still look forward to trying to play the next shot as well as I know how.  That's about as far ahead as my goals reach.

Rick

It better not take me 20+ years to get back to a single digit handicap. I'm only 25 and don't have kids yet, this is my time to shine on the golf course!

Depending on how lenient your future wife is it might bit be too bad lol. We had our first child 7 months ago and I've been out golfing 22 times so far so I've been lucky. Just gotta do a bit more when I'm home :D

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

To be honest, though, I've never set any goals for my game aside from playing my best each time and having a good time doing so.  I'm not "driven" to improve.  I try to enjoy golf for its own sake and that just means I can have fun on a poor course without griping like so many do on the forum.  I can be playing poorly and still look forward to trying to play the next shot as well as I know how.  That's about as far ahead as my goals reach.

I am beginning to get this.   I think my focus has been too much of "improve" instead of "enjoy."   It still hurts like hell when a round goes badly and I don't have a dog to yell at afterward.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Well between the military and a family I'm sure my handicap will start going up. But then again in a couple years I may not care much about an official handicap, it'll just be a measure of how bad I'm getting!

Note: This thread is 1154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!