IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note:Β This thread is 1180 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

The Golf Association of Philadelphia has an inactive season that begins on November 1 and rounds played on courses observing an inactive season are unacceptable for handicap purposes. If I play a round at a course observing an active season (Florida, for example) during our inactive season, I could post that score and it would adjust accordingly. But I don't expect to be playing any rounds in an area with an active season this winter, so my handicap will not change. I'm most probably stuck with my 8.4 until April because our off season money players don't adjust per our inactive season scores. I tried to implement a "winter handicap" adjustment just for our off season games a couple of years ago but I couldn't get everybody on board.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

GHIN doesn't get updated even if you enter scores from warmer climate outside of your district?Β Β  Can you explain this?

The Golf Association of Philadelphia has an inactive season that begins on November 1 and rounds played on courses observing an inactive season are unacceptable for handicap purposes. If I play a round at a course observing an active season (Florida, for example) during our inactive season, I could post that score and it would adjust accordingly. But I don't expect to be playing any rounds in an area with an active season this winter, so my handicap will not change. I'm most probably stuck with my 8.4 until April because our off season money players don't adjust per our inactive season scores. I tried to implement a "winter handicap" adjustment just for our off season games a couple of years ago but I couldn't get everybody on board.

Same here in NY, no scores can be posted until April unless they are in an area observing anΒ active season.Β  I have a few trips planned toΒ MyrtleΒ BeachΒ in February and March will have toΒ check if they will be in active season then.

Joe Paradiso

With the November revision, I'm done posting scores for 2013.....I went from 1.6 to 1.7 and that is where I will stay until after I begin posting scores again April 1st.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big BerthaΒ Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
-Β CallawayΒ Big BerthaΒ 4-5 Rescue Clubs
--Β Mizuno Mx-25 sixΒ iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

With the November revision, I'm done posting scores for 2013.....I went from 1.6 to 1.7 and that is where I will stay until after I begin posting scores again April 1st.

Gulp!Β Β  That's 6% decline. :-)

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Gulp!Β Β  That's 6% decline.

LOL.....yes..I trust your math.

All kidding aside, I had a huge comeback to finish the year.Β Β  I started the year at 1.6 and my index slowly climbed all year.Β  I was in a funk with no end in sight!! I peaked at 5.4 with noΒ expectations for improvement.Β Β Β  I considered it the "NEW NORM "....and accepted my fate.

Out of complete nowhere,Β myΒ game suddenly clickedΒ towards the end of the yearΒ and I playedΒ well down the home stretch. Β I am shocked/thrilled to be back near where I started. ;-)

This year was a crazy journey.........

photo 7eefeee5-5f78-457a-8b56-caa87ab61680_zps7c383580.jpg

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:

LOL.....yes..I trust your math.

All kidding aside, I had a huge comeback to finish the year.Β Β  I started the year at 1.6 and my index slowly climbed all year.Β  I was in a funk with no end in sight!! I peaked at 5.4 with noΒ expectations for improvement.Β Β Β  I considered it the "NEW NORM"....and accepted my fate.

Out of complete nowhere,Β myΒ game suddenly clickedΒ towards the end of the yearΒ and I playedΒ well down the home stretch. Β I am shocked/thrilled to be back near where I started.

I specifically remember a post of yours earlier in the yearΒ where you were obviously upset that you weren't playing well. It was a revelation to me that no matter how good one becomes - even a handicap most of us would kill for -Β  there will always be some sort of frustration. I'm glad your game ended up getting better.

To the OP, of the two courses I belong to, the one I play the most has no rating or slope (Caberfae Peaks in Cadillac, Michigan). My handicap at the other course is over 30 according to my GolfLogix app. Since I don't play tournaments, my exact handicap isn't important.Β Never worried about postedΒ it here becauseΒ I've always assumed anyone reading my posts can easily tell I'm aΒ high handicapper.

Jon

Whether you are a 0-10-20 or 30 HC.....nobody wants to trendΒ in the wrong direction, and it can happen to anyone.Β Β  Yes...this was a CRAZY frustrating year for me, but it ended with a cherry on top!Β LOL

I've said it before and I'll say it now.....my seasonal goal is to just hang on and not get 'much' worse.Β  I know that's a bad attitude, but that's the plan.Β  I'm 46yrs old and have been playing for 20+ years...I'm in "Hang On" mode...LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:

Mines current however I can see a trending up right about club championship time. :roll:

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3Β  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tourΒ Β 14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

That wouldn't be possible in the UK. You can only get adjusted in qualifying comps plus 10 supplementary cards per year so it would take about 3 years to go up from 2 to 6! In your system, the handicap reflects your current ability and in ours it reflects potential. I've been at my current club for 3 years and of all the people I regularly play with who's handicaps range from scratch to about 11, none have changed more than one shot in that time.

• 2 weeks later...

Up to 7.3 after a couple of mediocre rounds replaced a couple of good ones last week.Β  But the worst is probably still to come.Β  2 of my best remaining differentials are dropping off with my next two rounds....

Better turn it around quick or else 8's here I come. :(

No change again. Stuck at 6ish for a stinkin' month.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

No change again. Stuck at 6ish for a stinkin' month.

Much better than getting stuck at bogey golf.Β Β Β  My 4 past GHIN numbers are NH -> 22.7 -> 17.9 -> 19.2.Β Β Β  It is likely go down as I have seen signs of getting out of slump: neck/back issues nearly fixed, swing form back to normal, getting used to the new home course, and understanding all the score counting rules (I know now what to avoid).

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

http://www.gapgolf.org/charts.asp?sfile=static/archive/2013_handicap_season_ends_release.html

Handicap score posting for the Philadelphia region ended Oct. 31

The posting of scores from courses in the Philadelphia region ended Oct. 31.

Only scores from areas that are still in active seasons, such as Arizona, California, Florida and South Carolina, are eligible to be posted to your handicap record. Those areas The Golf Association of Philadelphia will resume active score posting at the start of its next season β€” April 1, 2014.

The Golf Association of Philadelphia will revise handicaps eight times during the offseason to incorporate any scores posted from other areas. The dates for these revisions are Nov. 15, Dec. 1, Dec. 15, Jan. 1, Jan. 15, Feb. 1, Feb. 15, March 1 and March 15.

Bill M

Not official.Β  But I use a website that does the calculations exactly like official.

I didn't know about only posting a max number for really bad holes - but those rounds with those holes are unlikely to be in the top 10 of my top 20 rounds anyway.Β  (usually indicate a meltdown that hits more than one hole) - I see the website handles that also.....

I don't compete, I don't even like side betting.

It's kinda clever how they do the handicap.

It's been a good year of improvement - didn't think I could get to single digits at all - hoping to maintain it when the snow melts next year....

Bill -Β 

We're done here,Β yesterday was the last day,Β so I am playing offseason golf until 4/15/14. Honestly I am relieved. When I started trending down I made a mess of things trying to top myself every time out. It led to some really fun golf and some really frustrating golf. None the less it gave me a good platform to work from and I intend to do some mental work in the offseason to prepare for the push next year. I don't plan on playing any courses next season with a rating thatΒ less thanΒ par.

Dave :-)

34.4 Unofficial, current, accurate. Using the Yahoo Handicap Calculator.

The scores haven't yet fully reflected it, but I know I'm getting better. I know this because I was somewhat disappointed with my 113 today.

I know I left some shots out there that I had in me. And I shot 48 on the back 9, with a birdie on the last.Β Normally, I'd take a 113 and run!

This time, I feel like a sub-100 was within my grasp -but I know it's within my capability. SOON!

Edit: I'll make it official once I stray from 'worse than double bogey golf', toward 'bogey golf'.

12.2. Β I think that's it for posting in MA for the season. Β Kind of disappointing this year. Β Started in the low 11s, went down to 10.2 but then had a bad couple of months. Β I know what I need to work on in the cold, dark New England winter.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note:Β This thread is 1180 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!