IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This weekend the new season finally started. My first round for handicap purposes a 79 and HCP down to 9.5. Sunday 27 holes training-round. Last 18 a 81 and Bazooka like drives, so I'm all stoked up now.

Probably de golfing gods will strike me with a pull hook for thinking I got my drive under control. :-O

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This weekend the new season finally started. My first round for handicap purposes a 79 and HCP down to 9.5. Sunday 27 holes training-round. Last 18 a 81 and Bazooka like drives, so I'm all stoked up now.

Probably de golfing gods will strike me with a pull hook for thinking I got my drive under control.

I cracked up when I read your post.  I to have been hanging right around a 10hcp, wanting to get in to the single digit range and also recently had a couple of rounds in the high 70's.  Unfortunately for me on my last round this past weekend, just when I thought I had total control of my driver, the pull hook came out of no where!  I recorded an 86 with 5 lost balls, only due to ESC scoring as most were on par 5's!  Ugly day of golf.

In The Bag
Wishon 919 Driver 9.5
Wishon 4W 16.5
Wishon  21 degree hybrid
Sterling SL 6 - SW
Seemore CS FGP

My handicap is current as of last weekend, however i use a CONGU app. Calculated from my last 5 rounds. All were witnessed by playing partner as i dont want a vanity handicap, however its just for my own use re how my game is progressing

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

oobgolf.com calculates mine.  It's probably not current but usually in the ballpark.

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

My first post of 2015 in this thread.......I've finally logged 20+ rounds so this number accurately represents the current state of my game.

I finished 2014 at 3.1.............Current April 15, 2015 revision.............4.9....this translates to a 6 CH on my home course....definitely a bit higher than I am accustomed.

If this is as bad as it gets this spring, I have no complaints.   I've played worse early season golf!!   Now it's time to quit screwing around and get with the program!!!  I want to cut my index into the 2's in the next 60 days.   I plan to do this by playing and not practicing..LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I finally joined the local assoc., posted some scores and it looks like I already screwed something up.

Had four cards that I finally got around to inputting last night. The first three went in fine. On the fourth, I typed in the score hole-by-hole, saved it and saw my 84 showed up as a 75. I took a second look at it and saw that the ESC number hadn't filled in on two holes. I edited that and saved it, but it didn't take.

From what I gather, the ESC shouldn't come into play until I actually have a handicap number, so this 75 business surely isn't right. Not sure what to do here.

From what I gather, the ESC shouldn't come into play until I actually have a handicap number, so this 75 business surely isn't right. Not sure what to do here.

Contact the handicap chair for the association you joined. He or she should know what to do. I've messed up ESC and addition a few times, and my handicap chair has always been able to fix it promptly. I believe there is a maximum recognized handicap, but I don't know if the ESC limit is that until established. I'm not sure I even knew what ESC was for my first twenty posted rounds anyway...

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

17.6 in today's report.   With the last Sunday's round, all the soft scores prior to sudden improvement are dropped off from my handicap system.   I hope this sudden improvement has more run left.   Otherwise, my HI can be stuck in 17 - 19 range.

16.6 - my best "official" HI.   0.6 to go to meet my 2015 stated HI goal.  4 points to catch Liu.  11 to to catch BuckeyeNut.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

21.9 as of today's (actually tomorrow's) revision.  My lowest ever since I started keeping a handicap (about 2 years ago).  It's down 1.1 strokes from the 04/15 revision, and down 2.3 strokes since November of last year.  IIRC, I was a 29.2 at my first revision in 2013.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Up to 19.2. It' probably not going down for a while.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Went up to 7.2, I am playing awful right now.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Up to 11.4. Blergh.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

A hot front 9 last Friday dropped me to a 20.7. Pretty sure I can get that number back up a bit before next revision.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

6.7, start of the season is always bad for me.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Down .1 to 30.3

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

Using Diablogolf handicap app, 4/30/15 reported HI - 21.4

Previous HI based on my spreadsheet was 19.6.  I discovered I was in error as I wasn't treating 9 hole rounds properly and I mostly play 9 hole rounds.  I was just doubling them for HI calcs.  I now see the proper way is to combine two consecutive 9 hole rounds and base the calculation on the combined rounds.  So, as far as I'm concerned, I'm still trying to get below 20.

Pretty optimistic I'll be able to lower it a bit by next revision.  9 of my top 10 are in the last 13 entries.  Based on how often I play, those won't drop off the bottom, some should get replaced by better rounds.

Note: This thread is 1154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!