IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1-1-2015 to 6-1-2015

20R (AVG diff. 72.9/131:6800y)[AHI:11.3; GL:8.7]: LS77, HS87, A81, 12B, 108P, 108Bo, 25D, 2 (3+), 55.9%F, 34.3%G, Pu(86(1),141(2),27(3+)), Scr(32%P,67%Bo+).

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1-1-2015 to 6-1-2015

20R (AVG diff. 72.9/131:6800y)[AHI:11.3; GL:8.7]: LS77, HS87, A81, 12B, 108P, 108Bo, 25D, 2 (3+), 55.9%F, 34.3%G, Pu(86(1),141(2),27(3+)), Scr(32%P,67%Bo+).

11.3, good job.

The rest... It would be easier for me (and I bet it would be easier for others) if you only used common abbreviations. I don't recognize many of those, so at best it's just a puzzle to make a guess at.

1-1-2015 to 6-1-2015

Outstanding!   Now the hard part is keeping it below 11.3 and even get below it.  Good luck.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

1-1-2015 to 6-1-2015

Outstanding!   Now the hard part is keeping it below 11.3 and even get below it.  Good luck.

Not really my goal, and here is the consensus. My kid's high school coach mentioned that getting into the single digits at my age might be unrealistic, and that I might have missed the "window of opportunity" so to speak. On top of this, many other people who are slightly younger than me seem to feel it is impossible for them to play where I am now and wonder how long I can keep this up?

So, I'm not really sure if it is possible for me to get into the mid/low single digits, but I've already played a few rounds (out of hundreds) that have differentials in the mid single digit level. I have a glimpse of what it takes to shoot that well, and to do so consistently is another magnitude harder than doing it once in a while. I kind of know how hard it is, and putting and chipping play a big role in it. You need to be "super focused", which is not really fun for me at this point in time.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

1-1-2015 to 6-1-2015

Not really my goal, and here is the consensus. My kid's high school coach mentioned that getting into the single digits at my age might be unrealistic, and that I might have missed the "window of opportunity" so to speak. On top of this, many other people who are slightly younger than me seem to feel it is impossible for them to play where I am now and wonder how long I can keep this up?

So, I'm not really sure if it is possible for me to get into the mid/low single digits, but I've already played a few rounds (out of hundreds) that have differentials in the mid single digit level. I have a glimpse of what it takes to shoot that well, and to do so consistently is another magnitude harder than doing it once in a while. I kind of know how hard it is, and putting and chipping play a big role in it. You need to be "super focused", which is not really fun for me at this point in time.

I know what you mean and "feel" it myself.  My HI once dipped below 13 for one month.  Before that, it was at 16 for a long time and after that it went as high as 23 before I got it back down to 16 recently.  I was on a roller coaster of golf but  I believe I can get my HI 4 points lower to 12 - 13 range.   I think you are younger, and physically bigger than me.  If I were you, I'd ignore the consensus, keep working on improvement, and enjoy the journey.

• Upvote 1

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Nothin' to do but keep swinging the clubs and see what happens, right? B-)

I'd be pretty happy if I could drop into the 12-16 HI range and float around in those numbers.  Right now I feel like I'm teetering on the edge of a cliff - I can go out and shoot bogey or slightly below, but I can also still occasionally melt down and shoot triple digits.  It would be nice to get to where a bad day is low 90s, an average day is low/mid 80s, and the occasional great day where I break 80.

• Upvote 1

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Now that I have my first official handicap, I'm wrapping my head around the idea that nothing over 7 is going to count for HI. Still very, very capable of piling up bigger numbers than that.

No change. I'm playing plenty of golf, just in a real rut these days. I know, I know... ...the true definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again, while somehow expecting a different result.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Now that I have my first official handicap, I'm wrapping my head around the idea that nothing over 7 is going to count for HI. Still very, very capable of piling up bigger numbers than that.

You're not alone with that, we can all pile up big numbers.  At our club, we play a couple of individual stroke-play events every year, and you'd be amazed at some of the scores that get recorded.  I'm talking about double figure scores from single-digit handicaps.  Thank God for match play and ESC, we don't often have to keep playing a hole after a couple of OBs or hazards.

Oh, my index is up 0.1 from last time.  I haven't been quite at my best, and a couple of low scores from last fall got dropped off, but I did shoot 74 with 2 doubles on Sunday.  That's headed in the right direction, for sure.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

7.4 official.  But I play like a 10 usually, and through in some random mid 70's.

Yeah yeah yeah, I've heard those stories before.  Usually about 4 hours before I'm handing over my money!

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

3.6............a .2 improvement.

I have played little golf due to constant rains and I may develop some rust!!   A 74 will be dropping for the next revision, so it'll be interesting to see if I can avoid going up!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• 2 weeks later...

17.2 --->  17.0.  HI has been steady in this range (high 16 to low 17) for two months.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

1-1-2015 to 6-1-2015 20R (AVG diff. 72.9/131:6800y)[AHI:11.3; GL:8.7]: LS77, HS87, A81, 12B, 108P, 108Bo, 25D, 2 (3+), 55.9%F, 34.3%G, Pu(86(1),141(2),27(3+)), Scr(32%P,67%Bo+).

1-1-2015 to 6-14-2015 24R (72+CR/130+) AHI: 10.1; GL:8.3, LS77; HS:88; AS:82, 12Bi, 140P, 134Bo, 30Do, 3 T+;58%F, 34.1%G; Pu(106, 177, 34), Scr, 33%, 66%.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

In the last month I went from a 7.8 to 8.1 to 8.6.

Late last year I had a great week where I shot a 74 and 76. My handicap is now showing it. I lost the 74, and the next score to go will be the 76. July 1st I will probably be in the 9's, unless I go low.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Note: This thread is 1176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!