IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1181 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

No change for me this time (4.8 still) however there will likely be some volatility for next time.  I'm playing at least 3 or 4 rounds before April 1 (two of them are big tournaments).

Good luck in the tournaments!  We're starting our interclub season with A-Team matches, played at scratch from the back tees.  The forecast for Sunday, 46 degrees, 50% chance of rain.  I love it.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I dropped to 4.3 from 4.5.  Ooh!

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

A good weekend dropped me from 5.5 to 4.7! :dance:

Way to go Dave, are you playing yourself off the B-Team at Stoneleigh and onto the A-Team?

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

2 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

I dropped to 4.3 from 4.5.  Ooh!

Way to go Dave, are you playing yourself off the B-Team at Stoneleigh and onto the A-Team?

Me playing A Team has more to do with the scarcity of good players here, and less to do with my actual ability.  On the other hand, I can go about another 0.8 down and still be able to play B-Team.  We'll see how the spring goes.

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

Just now, DaveP043 said:

Me playing A Team has more to do with the scarcity of good players here, and less to do with my actual ability.  On the other hand, I can go about another 0.8 down and still be able to play B-Team.  We'll see how the spring goes.

Oh don't sell yourself short, but I thought 4.6 was the limit.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

No, it used to be that 4.9 was the limit.  That was changed at least 5 years ago, you have to be at least 5 on the course.  With most of the slopes in the league, that makes the lower limit to be about 3.7 or 3.8, I forget which.

Dave

Off-Topic so I PM'd you.

-Jerry

11 scores posted and counting. I should have enough before I go to China again next month for 20 scores. Currently 8.7 and trending towards 10 or thereabouts (GG-9.1).

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• 4 weeks later...

Last go around I rose to "8,0" and my trend index is over "9.0"  Getting ready for the "Net" tournament season!!  I just wish it wasn't so painful playing all the shitty golf that serves as the basis for the rising index.   :facepalm

Brian Kuehn

Last go around I rose to "8,0" and my trend index is over "9.0"  Getting ready for the "Net" tournament season!!  I just wish it wasn't so painful playing all the shitty golf that serves as the basis for the rising index.   :facepalm

We often see handicaps going up in the spring.  After a long layoff, and temps are cold, and the courses may not be in the best shape, its easy to play kind of poorly for a while.  But the game eventually comes back.

Dave

Ugh, went up to 5.3 from 4.9.  

-Jerry

Two weeks playing in cold and wind, I'm up a tiny bit, 4.6 to 4.7

Dave

I only have one official round in this year.  It was too high to be used for my index calculation and the score that dropped off was not being used either.  So I am still the same as last fall,  29.5.

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

As of right now, mine is not current. I ended last year in the high 4's, but I am willing to guess that at the moment, it's probably at least double that. This has been my first day swinging in about 6 months so after a few weeks of range I'm hoping to pick up where I left off.

I usually start my "official season" around the middle of May when college is out and I have had time to shake the cob webs off. Not to mention, trying to keep a honest handicap on aerated greens can be infuriating.

Edited by Mop Bucket

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

This year is my first time ever playing in a men's club and keeping an official handicap (5th year playing).  Handicap index came in at 14.6 after last week's revision.  I've learned two things very quickly so far:

1.  Real golf is HARD - no gimmes/no rollovers or fluffed up lies/stroke & distance penalties/etc is a real grind over 18 holes

2.  I'm not as good as I thought I was.  The adjustment from "Gentlemen's Golf" has been tough, but the higher-than-I'm-used-to scores oddly feel better knowing they actually mean something...and will help me become a better player in the long run. 

• Upvote 4

- Bill

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 1181 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!