IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, the semi-miraculous 71 I shot back in March came off my record, so my index went from 4.5 to 5.1.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, David in FL said:

Even if you couldn't post it, congrats on the personal best!  :beer:

Thanks. It was an amazing feeling to have that much confidence over my full swing shots. 

Actually, with my club championship coming up in just a few weeks, it's probably just as well I couldn't post it. 

Down 1.1 from 16.4 to 15.3. Shot an 82 (I think it is a personal best) and followed it up the next week with a hard-fought 91, both counted towards my index.

I have six straight rounds coming off the books that don't factor in my index, so I feel like I'm playing with house money for a while.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

15.5, continue to stay below 16, which is one of my 2016 golf goals.   5 easy scores to beat so it will likely go down a bit in the next revision.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I've posted five rounds now; unless I play next week and post a lower score, my handicap will be 19.4 at the beginning of next month.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• 2 weeks later...

I am down to a 4.2 :-D

• Upvote 3

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

48 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I'm chasing @saevel25, down from 5.1 to 4.4.

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

Stayed at a 7.6 because I had no postable scores in two weeks.  Was supposed to play in the club championship and pulled a muscle in my back.  I have a low score that will come up that might put me back in the low 8s.  

—Adam

Mine is actually the lowest it's ever been (11.0) wholly because of a combination of my lowest 9 ever (36) and a 41 shot a week later.  So I guess for a little while I essentially have a vanity handicap as I'm much closer to a 13 than I am to an 11. 

• Upvote 1

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

Mine is down to a 0.9, but I just took a look at my 20 most recent scores and I have the following coming off soon:

-0.1, 2.5, 10.0, 14.4, 8.6, 6.5, 8.6, 12.9 and lastly 4.7.

My handicap looks as though its going to go down quite a bit unless I shoot some really bad scores.

I removed mine from my profile because it's just plain not right. Since I started working on my swing my handicap has fluctuated from 11-13 and down again but now that I'm really going the "cold turkey" style of not reverting to the old for the sake of better scores, I want somewhere to actually look at for progress. I have 3 rounds (albeit terrible, still rounds) in game golf and want to use the number that gives me as my starting handicap. ATM it says 31.9. Rough considering I used to score in the low 80's while following the rules(no mulligans, etc. But hey, if at the end of this I start hitting consistent shots I won't mind being a 31.9 for a while.

Down to 14.1 from 15.3 and still have four more "free" rounds to go. I think realistically I can get to 12, but that's probably about it for a while unless I start putting some single digit differentials on the board.

• Upvote 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, baller7345 said:

Mine is actually the lowest it's ever been (11.0) wholly because of a combination of my lowest 9 ever (36) and a 41 shot a week later.  So I guess for a little while I essentially have a vanity handicap as I'm much closer to a 13 than I am to an 11. 

If you post all of your scores, high scores as well as low ones, its not a vanity handicap.  It might be lower than you're used to, but that's a sign of good play.  Congratulations on reaching a historic low handicap, that's great.

• Upvote 1

Dave

2 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

If you post all of your scores, high scores as well as low ones, its not a vanity handicap.  It might be lower than you're used to, but that's a sign of good play.  Congratulations on reaching a historic low handicap, that's great.

I know it's not a true vanity cap, but I that 36 was a freak round that involved scrambling like a mad man and hitting every putt imaginable (I only had 11 putts which is unbelievable for my normal level of putting).  I've put together a couple of 38s and a a couple of 39s over the last month and a half, but I don't believe I'll stay at 11 for long as the only score in the 70s that is included in this revision is the one that includes that 36.  I'm consistently in the low 40s, though if I go out and throw another even par then maybe I'll have more confidence in myself.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I'm chasing @saevel25, down from 5.1 to 4.4.

Ha - I'm on both of your heels ... Now all time low again this rev at 4.5!!!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, baller7345 said:

I know it's not a true vanity cap, but I that 36 was a freak round that involved scrambling like a mad man and hitting every putt imaginable (I only had 11 putts which is unbelievable for my normal level of putting).  I've put together a couple of 38s and a a couple of 39s over the last month and a half, but I don't believe I'll stay at 11 for long as the only score in the 70s that is included in this revision is the one that includes that 36.  I'm consistently in the low 40s, though if I go out and throw another even par then maybe I'll have more confidence in myself.

I know each time I reach a new low handicap level, I felt like there was no way I could continue to play at that level.  Almost every time, I was right, for a while, and my handicap would go back up a little.  But the second time I reached that same level, I felt like I belonged there.  

Dave

Down to an even 8.0. I have a low-ish differential coming off after my next round, but then 3 freebies to come off. Decent shot I get to a 7 sooner rather than later.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Sadly another trend up to 17.3 due to a lower index round dropping off and lack of post-able rounds because I play solo basically all the time.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Note: This thread is 1176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!