IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Down .4 to 26.0.  Down 3.5 for the season.  Shave another 20 strokes off and I can be like the rest of the guys that post in this thread... :whistle:

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Finally broke through beyond scratch this summer! I expected to feel better about it once I reached it, but I still hate that I have to give up a stroke (or two) even to pros. Seems weird to me that I, as an amateur, have to give up strokes whenever I play in a tournament (such as men's club events) with pros. 

• Upvote 1

On going work to get to a 10 or lower cap, I was trending 10.8 until a round at a tight course with usually lightening fast greens on the last day of the revision. I played okay but the greens punished me and I had 10 putts more than normal which killed my score.

I ended up with a 11.0 at the revision. I have had very low rounds that have been destroyed by one bad hole. Par for the course right but the blow up holes are usually way past what I was doing in prior holes. This annoys people I play with handicap wise because I can be parring and birdie-ing quite a few holes and pull off some 7s at the end.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

+0.1. Didn't get much posted this time around and nothing particularly good.

A couple of rounds were with buddies that categorically don't follow rules, so I treated them as practice.

10 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Finally broke through beyond scratch this summer! I expected to feel better about it once I reached it, but I still hate that I have to give up a stroke (or two) even to pros. Seems weird to me that I, as an amateur, have to give up strokes whenever I play in a tournament (such as men's club events) with pros. 

If I'm reading between the lines correctly, do pros not keep a handicap and just play as a scratch or 0?

3 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

If I'm reading between the lines correctly, do pros not keep a handicap and just play as a scratch or 0?

The pros at my course play to a 0. In the pro-lady, and pro-am events in the IGA they play at a 0 as well.

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

10 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

Yes, they play as a zero handicap. It makes sense when they play against people who are worse than scratch in a net game, since the pro has to give them strokes, but it doesn't make much sense to me to have an amateur have to give the pro strokes in a net game.

14.9 - Largely due to one exceptional round, I stayed below 16 which my stated 2016 golf goal.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

• Administrator
On August 3, 2016 at 0:58 AM, Pretzel said:

Yes, they play as a zero handicap. It makes sense when they play against people who are worse than scratch in a net game, since the pro has to give them strokes, but it doesn't make much sense to me to have an amateur have to give the pro strokes in a net game.

Most pros don't really play in net stuff. Pro-ams and little things like that… but… when pros I play with play against others, they negotiate just the same as others might.

And of course in Open qualifying (state, city, national, etc.) nobody has handicaps. It's all gross stuff.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Dropped .5 to a 6.1 factor.  Shot my personal home course record of 76.  I'm down 1.7 from the beginning of the year, but it has been quite the roller coaster ride.

I went from a 1.3 to a 1.1 with the August 1 revision, but I'll probably go up on the 15th revision because i have a pair of "72s" ready to drop.   

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

9 minutes ago, Steviestuboy said:

So in the states you can count bounce games towards your handicap?  Over here it's only comps that count towards your handicap.  

See what you can figure out from that, I just got confused.

• Upvote 1

There is a rule in UK that you can count bounce games towards your handicap with supplementary scores but you have to have the ok from the club prior to playing and there's loads of other rules depending on category your in. 

1 hour ago, Steviestuboy said:

There is a rule in UK that you can count bounce games towards your handicap with supplementary scores but you have to have the ok from the club prior to playing and there's loads of other rules depending on category your in. 

You have to declare with club prior to the round and play under full rules of golf and scored by another club member. Only category rule is that cat 1 (hcp 5 and below) can't do it. Cat 1 handicaps can only be affected by scores in proper club competitions.

And you can only do 10 of these supplementary rounds per year.

Edited by Pete
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

You have to declare with club prior to the round and play under full rules of golf and scored by another club member. Only category rule is that cat 1 (hcp 5 and below) can't do it. Cat 1 handicaps can only be affected by scores in proper club competitions.

And you can only do 10 of these supplementary rounds per year.

Is that a CONGU thing? Or just an England Golf thing? I have to find out if i can do that in Ireland.

1 hour ago, Steviestuboy said:

Under the USGA rules, we're required to post all scores, including non-competition scores, as long as we play within the rules (mostly) and play with someone else.  

4 minutes ago, Asmanning95 said:

Is that a CONGU thing? Or just an England Golf thing? I have to find out if i can do that in Ireland.

As I read the CONGU manual, that's a CONGU thing.  I think it may be new this year.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Note: This thread is 1176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!