IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1181 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

15 hours ago, billchao said:

The season is officially over in NJ and I finished up a bit at 13.8

We have until November 14 in colder northern MA. I'm curious as to why NJ is earlier.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

24 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

We have until November 14 in colder northern MA. I'm curious as to why NJ is earlier.

Might as well be over for posting up here. Punched greens with no sand roll pretty poorly.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

1 hour ago, Valleygolfer said:

Might as well be over for posting up here. Punched greens with no sand roll pretty poorly.

Is it over for NH?  I thought it was, but these sites seem to offer conflicting information:

Says we have until 11/14:

http://www.usga.org/handicapping-articles/handicap-active-and-inactive-season-schedule-25489.html

Says it ended 10/31:
http://www.nhgolfassociation.org/

56 minutes ago, drmevo said:

Is it over for NH?  I thought it was, but these sites seem to offer conflicting information:

Says we have until 11/14:

http://www.usga.org/handicapping-articles/handicap-active-and-inactive-season-schedule-25489.html

Says it ended 10/31:
http://www.nhgolfassociation.org/

I would follow the guidance from the NH Golf Association.  The USGA info is more generic and lists the typical season.  For example, they show Michigan as 4/1 to 10/31, which is the "normal" season.  However, for 2016 the actual season is 3/15 to 11/14.  The state associations apparently have the authority to extend or shorten the reporting season depending on weather and general course conditions.

Brian Kuehn

6 hours ago, boogielicious said:

That's a very good question. You ask a lot of good questions.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Went down to a 4.4 from 4.8.  I've been playing well, just need to get away from one double bogey in every round.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

After a pretty good summer, and a not-so-good fall, I'm now back to where I was one year ago...4.4.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

yep, it is slow going after the first ten rounds and sort of mis-leading. GHIN only used the one low round during the first six, and then adds a round in every 2. Your index can drop quickly until you get 20 rounds in and then averages the best 10 of the most recent 20. I went from 20 down to 16.2  but now back up to 19.0 as more rounds are counted. On the brighter side, as I mentioned previously, the high scores will get pushed down the chart and will disappear after awhile and my indices will be more indicative of the true state of potential.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

After a few poor rounds, I am back up at 10.0, from 9.3, so my journey in the single digits was rather brief (2 revisions)... Sigh!

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

No change - only played 9 holes since last revision

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• 2 weeks later...

Down from my previous best 9.7 to 9.1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Up .2 to 4.6, in Virginia you can post all year, there are no off-times.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I don't keep one because I don't play in tournaments any longer. The group I play with has been together for about ten years. During that time we all had single digit handicaps ranging from 7 to 9.We played pretty much scratch all the time with the 9, my wife, getting a stroke a side. Today there is only three of us and we still play at about the same level, but we no longer worry about handicaps, we just play for the enjoyment of the game. 

I should add while we still play at the same level by that I mean while no longer playing at a single digit level we still are equally bad. Probably 12-13 if we posted out scores. 

Edited by shanksalot

Went up nearly a full point to 16.3.  Winter has come to CA and recent rains have made roughs & brush areas thick and tall with green stuff.    Once a ball goes in there, it is impossible to find it, or hit out of.  This had the direct impact of my HI going over 16.   

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

• 1 month later...

Think i ended the posting season here at +0.8.  Which is the highest i can remember ending a season in a long time. But generally, I don't follow my handicap that much. As long as i stay under 1.4, thats all i really care about. 

Note: This thread is 1181 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!