IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Dropped from 40 to 36 after my second tournament round (third 18 holes in my life). 

Now it'll go a bit slower as every stroke I play below 36 only lowers my HCP by 0.5 down to 18. Plan is to be under 30 after my next tournament round (need to shoot ~95 for that to happen) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So I was finally able to actually complete a round with someone on hand and post a score last week. It didn't move the number either way.

I'm going to have to make a point of finding some people to accompany me out this month to give a proper number for my club championship in August. Most of my scores that count here are still from last year.

Went up to 5.7 on June 1, but after a good weekend I'm down to 4.6 now.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Haven't updated in a while. Was up to 14.4 last revision but down to 14.1 now. Good news is I have a pattern of playing worse at the beginning of the season and I'm scoring better than I was a year ago. Bad news is within the next five rounds are my lowest differentials so I'll need to put in a few really good rounds if I want to keep the index from shooting up.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Down to 9.8 from 10.1

• Upvote 3

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Up from a 5.0 to a 5.5, but that was with an even par round dropping off. Have a lot of scores not used in my handicap to come off for a while, so I should be going down again soon!

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

On 6/15/2017 at 11:35 AM, DaveP043 said:

Went up to 5.7 on June 1, but after a good weekend I'm down to 4.6 now.

And down again, to 3.6.  Two full strokes in a month is almost scary.

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

On June 18, 2017 at 0:33 PM, JonMA1 said:

I finally have a legitimate handicap index (at least I believe so). I've been posting all rounds that were compliant and finally have 5 for the season.

It will go up as I continue to post because of an uncharacteristically low score to start off the season... that is unless I can improve slightly. 

Anyway, it's something I've been wanting to do for a while but was unable due to a lack of playing partners. Not sure if I'll maintain it or not, but probably will for the remainder of the season.

Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 12.11.10 PM.png

:dance::beer::dance:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

On 06/18/2017 at 3:13 PM, Valleygolfer said:

9.5 this revision

9.3 in defiance of my efforts to increase my handicap by playing horrendous rounds. Funny part today, one of my low rounds was coming off only to be replaced by another the exact same. :banana:

• Upvote 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Technically from 3.6 to 4.8 for me and still trending up.  Scores starting to improve though with three rounds in the 70s this week.  I have six fairly low rounds coming off in a row next. After that happens I should have my old scores completely removed from before the injury.  Not sure exactly where I will end up but it should be fun.

• Upvote 2

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

5.5 again this time around.  I feel like my swing is getting better right now so hopefully I can soon replace all the good scores that just dropped off last month.

14.3 -- an improvement over the 14.5, mostly from an 84 on 6/22.   My two least recent rounds are in my 10-best-of-last-20, and one of those was my 81 that I was so proud of last summer.   And I'm planning at least three rounds between now and 7/15, so... let's see which direction this goes.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Still trending down so I can't complain too loudly....down to 2.6, but I'm still as frustrated as EVER!! 

Case in point is last weekend......72.5CR/137slope........weekend scores..........   73-81........Saturday morning was after a late friday night with only a few hours sleep....I card a 1 over par 73. ( a keeper for me)    I was a good boy Saturday night...I was to bed early and well rested for Sunday morning..... then card an 81.   OUCH........

Maybe the key to good golf is stay up late and drink???  I am "IN FACT" putting that theory to a test tonight because I have a 7AM tee time tomorrow morning (July 4th)....and yes...I must stay up late and drink adult beverages tonight to maintain scientific integrity!!  Hahahahaha....I will let you know what I score tomorrow.........:beer:

Edited by BuckeyeNut
  • Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• 2 weeks later...

Up from 21.1 to 21.5. Less of an increase than expected. I need to break 90 or to start playing some tougher tees to get it to drop. It's been fun tracking it so far.

Jon

Surprisingly my index went down, even with or maybe because of the much lower number of rounds played. Down from 15.6 to 15.2.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

One good weekend, one poor one, down again to 3.3.  And 73 this morning :dance:

Dave

Note: This thread is 1155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!