David in FL

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

1,971 posts / 104642 viewsLast Reply

Another question...when posting 9 hole scores, I understand taht your next 9 hole score will combine..but how is that calculated? If you have two 9 hole scores, and they are from different courses, how do you figure the slope to use?

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Another question...when posting 9 hole scores, I understand taht your next 9 hole score will combine..but how is that calculated? If you have two 9 hole scores, and they are from different courses, how do you figure the slope to use?

Each 9 actually has its own rating and slope so they will add the ratings for the two 9s and average the slope.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Each 9 actually has its own rating and slope so they will add the ratings for the two 9s and average the slope.

Here's the link to the USGA course rating and slope database.  All you need to know to enter your 9 hole scores individually.....

http://ncrdb.usga.org/NCRDB/

Do most clubs ever list the ratings? I am just working on mine myself and I can't see how to do this. I can average the slope, but I have no clue what to use for the ratings. When I look it up online they only list 18 hole ratings.

Here's the link to the USGA course rating and slope database.  All you need to know to enter your 9 hole scores individually.....

http://ncrdb.usga.org/NCRDB/

That is perfect! Thanks, I didn't know they had this. :beer:

Nothing wrong with that!   Good buddy of mine had his first hole-in-one a year after we got him started playing.  He was a 32 hcp at the time.  Got his 2d one a year later.  Those are the only two that I've ever seen.  The rat bastard........

Have fun and enjoy what the game gives you, no matter what the silly number is!

Oh I am having fun and enjoying the process.  I do want to get better (started five months ago).

Time for my usual bi-monthly PSA reminder to update your profile hcp..... :-D

Unfortunately, I was only able to stay in the 4's for 2 revisions.  4.7 is sooooo much nicer than 5.0!

Better than normal ball-striking, but some real (and unusual) struggles around the green.  Don't cha just luv this game?

I don't want to say mine. I had a combined round that came in way too lower to be deserving of the cap computed.

Come on.....it is what it is.  Post it! :beer:

I don't want to say mine. I had a combined round that came in way too low to be deserving of the cap computed.

Why does that matter? If you're scores are legit they all fall in a certain range anyway. You likely have combined scores that are higher than usual. I know I do. If my anti-handicap was whacky I'd be concerned but the range of scores makes sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

I don't want to say mine. I had a combined round that came in way too low to be deserving of the cap computed.

Why does that matter? If you're scores are legit they all fall in a certain range anyway. You likely have combined scores that are higher than usual. I know I do. If my anti-handicap was whacky I'd be concerned but the range of scores makes sense.

Okay. I am at 11.6. I have been bouncing back and forth from this and a 12.1.

Now all you have to do is update your profile here..... :-D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Now all you have to do is update your profile here.....

I see someone took the liberty for me... It was right before... I didn't like to be judge by my cap ;)

I've been playing lousy for a while now, but my index hasn't changed in the last two revisions. If you don't play a lot the good scores stay in there to bite you. Plus, I guess, if you don't play a lot, you won't play well.