David in FL

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

1,972 posts / 106498 viewsLast Reply

Making my slow climb the wrong direction.  30.9 up from 30.5.

(Though after this mornings round I am trending 29.9)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

My index continues to climb. It is now 9.5. My goal is to finish this year in single digits. Might be hard to do with the way I am playing. I need a couple of good rounds.

I just updated mine to 16.3, which is where it has been for the last year.

I have been unable to shake off the .3

but I also have had no time to practice this summer.

2013 I was at a 12, got it down to 10.5 by the end of 2014, and my last revision was 10.3.  I have shot some low scores for me this year (high 70's a few times), but those have been on easier courses (68 / 110 slope) and unfortunately I still throw in a high 80's or 90 sometimes.  I am trying to get under 10 but I need more consistency.  I have another 77 posted and hopefully I can get another couple of rounds in before the next revision

2013 I was at a 12, got it down to 10.5 by the end of 2014, and my last revision was 10.3.  I have shot some low scores for me this year (high 70's a few times), but those have been on easier courses (68 / 110 slope) and unfortunately I still throw in a high 80's or 90 sometimes.  I am trying to get under 10 but I need more consistency.  I have another 77 posted and hopefully I can get another couple of rounds in before the next revision

I keep telling SWMBO that I would be soo much a better golfer if I could just quit my job and practice and play lots of golf.

I could probably be a 5.

She is not quite on board as I would have hoped!

I keep telling SWMBO that I would be soo much a better golfer if I could just quit my job and practice and play lots of golf.

I could probably be a 5.

Isn't that the truth!

I could probably be a 5.

MY secret is that my wife loves to play golf as much as I do, so she understands the obsession.  We both play Saturday and Sunday, we each play at least one evening each week, and I go to the club and practice at least one night a week.  When we travel, we almost always plan for golf to be involved.  The worst thing about this whole arrangement is that I have no excuses!

My handicap has gone down to 9.37 but that is mainly a result of recent single digit over par scores pushing out early season double digit over par scores from the most recent 20 rounds list.

I'm kind of stuck in a scoring rut and recent lessons don't seem to be lower my scores. But it's just a game and it's good to get out while I still have my health.

As of this morning, I'm at 14.1. I wanted to get my handicap under 14 before the start of Fall semester, but it looks like I'll have to (hopefully) settle for trend index. Oh well. I'm still happy with this summer's improvements.

Well, I got the new HI this morning and I am now 9.7, the highest I have been in two years.

My 2015 golf goal is to keep my HI in single digits. This fall will be very interesting.

Revision was 12.8 today. Feel like I've been spinning in place since I started playing again this year. I've been between 12.0-12.9 for the last 30 revisions.

Down to 18.8 from 19.5.  With today's round (recorded after HI was established), it is trending even lower (18.4).  I am hoping my mini slump is over.

Well, I got the new HI this morning and I am now 9.7, the highest I have been in two years.

My 2015 golf goal is to keep my HI in single digits. This fall will be very interesting.

You are not leaving much room there, @dfreuter415 .  0.3 left.