David in FL

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

1,957 posts / 99862 viewsLast Reply

Mine is relatively current but only played a few rounds in the last month due to being pretty busy with work. It is still official but will inevitably go up a few points once I get back to playing regularly until that rust is knocked off.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

After a big drop on the July 15 revision, the number ticked down .2 on this one.

I managed to post five rounds in July and they all got used. I still think my HI is a bit too high for my club championship, but I gave it a good effort.

On 7/15/2017 at 2:46 PM, DaveP043 said:

One good weekend, one poor one, down again to 3.3.  And 73 this morning :dance:

Now to 2.4, this is getting ridiculous.  I've had a little more trouble recently, mixed with some good rounds, I have a feeling I'll level off or rebound a bit.  But who knows?

Jumped up to 12.5 this time around as I've been stuck in the high 80's for a little while now.  

Working hard to ingrain some tough swing improvements, but have struggled to "just play" when I'm out on the course...recent rounds feel like a constant grind from the first tee shot.  My misses have changed from off-the-Earth slices to hooks/straight blocks, which tells me I'm getting a little closer but still not there yet.  

I dropped down a bit. I am shooting low 90s high 80s. 

I was rewarded by the computer for moving back one set of tees. That's where we play for Men's Club, so not really my choice.. But I feel like I'm just trying to survive out there and it's actually not very fun. 

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

Now to 2.4, this is getting ridiculous.  I've had a little more trouble recently, mixed with some good rounds, I have a feeling I'll level off or rebound a bit.  But who knows?

25 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

The 68 in the last club tourney dropped me from a 1.2 to a 0.7.  First time under 1.0 in a while.

30 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Down to 7.5 even though I have not been playing to it.

If you're "down", your actually playing better.  

3 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

If you're "down", your actually playing better.  

True.  More accurately, I was playing better. Last two rounds, not so much.

Edited by Valleygolfer

"The devil is in the details".  Trending downwards from around a 22, currently a 19.6. Goes down rapidly at first as the outlier scores are moved off the grid. My current lows   are now a 12.0 but that is only a couple of differentials. It will be more difficult to maintain but as soon as one or two high nineties are pushed off/replaced it should go down even more. Last few rounds promising as they are below 90 and only one away from breaking 80. Should I play a course with higher ratings, it will be even more difficult to maintain, but then again, that is the whole idea of calculating course handicaps. 

It's been awhile since I posted in this thread.   I haven't been playing as much this year, but still playing some!  Down to 2.2 so far....   Score ranges are wide....it either goes really good or bad..LOL

Not a whole lot of consistency. 

On 8/1/2017 at 10:56 AM, DaveP043 said:

More ridiculous every month.  1.8, lowest ever.