IGNORED

Worst Shot of the Week

Motown88
Note: This thread is 3145 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is more along the lines of "Scariest shot of the week".

I was about 8 ft off the green in the rough, and the pin was downhill so I planned to hit a little flop shot, which I've been hitting incredibly well as of late. high percentage, with the main miss being short.

I picked a hell of a time to mess it up bad. one of my other playing partners was on the other side of the green, about 30ft away (small greens here!), and i ended up skulling the ball, it came out of the rough at least 70mph, and flew about 1ft above his head. The entire thing happened so quickly, he didn't actually know what had happened, but me and my two playing partners did. I don't think I've ever experienced a scarier moment in golf. I was pretty rattled the rest of the day.

Dan, I did a similar thing one time.... Almost hit a girl at my high school like 5 years ago. I'm just going to go with worst hole, instead of shot. 560 yard par 5. I topped a tee shot into a pond. Re tee. Hit it in some bunkers, 245 out still. Flubbed my bunker shot into the water right in front of the bunkers. Dropped in the same spot. Smacked it up by the green, got it up and down from 45 for triple. Pure.

srixon.png.c29104d99ab6ca6ecb927e9dd97b26f1.png    Z785 Driver 10.5° Tour AD BB 7x    |    F65 4W Tour AD TP 7x    |    Z765 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100 AMT    |     Z-Star Ball

TM.png.36c3c24d72a4ac809b0def631452f3ba.png    M3 4H HZRDUS Black    |    Spider Tour Putter

titleist.png.c92d01bf6404c1675a5e518a7447f2c6.png  Vokey SM7 50° 55° 60° Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue Black

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Me too, Dan.

I flared an approach over in front of the tee boxes for the next hole. We had two couples playing ahead of us in carts. When I got up to where my ball was, the men had just finished teeing off and the women were sitting in the carts. Since it was a raised tee and the men had to walk down a bunch of steps, and since I was just going to punch back onto my fairway, I rushed out to play my shot and not hold things up. I promptly shanked it off the roof support on one of the carts, right in line with a very surprised woman. I apologized profusely and then shot about a million for the rest of the round.

I now try to take all possibilities into account before hitting a shot when people are in the possible line of fire.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3145 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!