IGNORED

2013 WGC Bridgestone Invitational Discussion Thread

Note: This thread is 2720 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The WGC, PGA and then the Playoffs.  Such a great month to be a golf fan!

You could find the negative in a person being rescued from a burning building by a dog.

Please do this in a major, Tiger. Pretty please? With sugar on top?

Originally Posted by nevets88

Did you see - Popovich +34

Ouch.

Originally Posted by BostonBrew

Popovic and Van Zyl both shot 82 this week.

He should stick to his NBA coaching gig.

Tiger finally made a birdie.  Otherwise this has been boring.  He is boringly good today.  I think I'm leaving to go to the range.  Somebody needed to shoot a 31 or lower to give this some drama, but ...nada!

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Tiger finally made a birdie.  Otherwise this has been boring.  He is boringly good today.  I think I'm leaving to go to the range.  Somebody needed to shoot a 31 or lower to give this some drama, but ...nada!

I'm waiting until it's over to head to the range. That is the downside of Tiger leading by 8 strokes. Not a lot of fun to watch as far as drama.

Rather boring with his lead and the fact the course doesn't seem create some challenges- feels like a Florida event, flat and unpretentious.

maybe its just me having watched both opens....

Originally Posted by Zwick

Wow, Tiger choking big time. This is far from over...

Choking???  Where?  Nobody else is doing anything to make him take any risks, so he's just shooting for pars.  Nothing more than a practice round as far as he's concerned.  It certainly isn't choking.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Spitfisher

Rather boring with his lead and the fact the course doesn't seem create some challenges- feels like a Florida event, flat and unpretentious.

maybe its just me having watched both opens....

It's the nature of Firestone. It's a relentless challenge of long-ass par 4's. Not the kind of course you can really mount a comeback on. You have to hope the leader stumbles, like Furyk last year.

Well, #79 in the books.

If nothing else, this may have been a decent test for Tiger in holding a huge lead going into the weekend.  He didn't come back to the field either day.  It was also a pretty stress-free round for him, as opposed to yesterday.  Not as many scrambling pars, and lots of tap ins.

Way I see it, unless one of the 3 major winners this year (Scott, Rose or Mickelson) wins the PGA Championship, Tiger is your Player of the Year.

Way I see it, unless one of the 3 major winners this year (Scott, Rose or Mickelson) wins the PGA Championship, Tiger is your Player of the Year.

Yep. Not even close!

Originally Posted by zipazoid

I thought Phil's victory at Muirfield would at least open the door to the possibility of Player of the Year honors, which he has never won. But a five-two difference in the win column is too wide for consideration even with the major hardware. A win at Oak Hill or a FedEx Cup season title for Phil would give the players something to think about, but Tiger takes the honors again in any other scenario.

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

I thought Phil's victory at Muirfield would at least open the door to the possibility of Player of the Year honors, which he has never won. But a five-two difference in the win column is too wide for consideration even with the major hardware. A win at Oak Hill or a FedEx Cup season title for Phil would give the players something to think about, but Tiger takes the honors again in any other scenario.

Agreed.  Tiger has a huge lead in the FedEx cup now...  The only way someone like Phil wins PoY is if he wins another Major or FedEx cup IMO.

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Choking???  Where?  Nobody else is doing anything to make him take any risks, so he's just shooting for pars.  Nothing more than a practice round as far as he's concerned.  It certainly isn't choking.

That was obviously a joke after his only bogey of the day.

At this point last year, it looked like Woods was going to win PoY. Let's wait until the playoffs are over.

Agreed.  Tiger has a huge lead in the FedEx cup now...  The only way someone like Phil wins PoY is if he wins another Major or FedEx cup IMO. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/80380/] [/URL]

My stat is for OWGR not FedExCup, but the lead Tiger has over Phil in OWGR is the lead Phil has over #35 in the world Martin Kaymer.

Originally Posted by Paradox

can someone kick the baba booie guy in the nuts?

I can see the guy yelling it once to get some laughs from the other drunks, but even he has to want to punch himself in the face after yelling it 18 times.

I think its getting old, and not even funny any more. It was funny for about 5 seconds the first time somebody said something like this, like what 3 years ago.

Come on people act like adults please. Good greif.

I can't imagine it getting better this week with a rowdy, drunk, NY crowd. The goons were in full force last year at Bethpgae when I attended the weekend rounds. I can only imagine what it's going to be like this week. Not to brush with broad strokes, but there's something about a lot of NY sports fans - they seem to take acting like complete SOB's as a point of pride.

Note: This thread is 2720 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!