IGNORED

2013 PGA Championship at Oak Hill Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger can't hit a fairway ... dead meat.

He's found something at the fifth hole. Let's see if Tiger can kick start his round.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Tiger can't hit a fairway ... dead meat.

His second shot just reeked disgust. Barely looked at it before punching it out down the fairway. To be fair, that was the only shot he had, but he hardly stopped walking.

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think the rule that Austin broke is stupid. He didn't have an advantage and you should be able to carry as many as you want anyway. This is the third major of the year where some dumb official has overstepped the mark. And I'm sure I saw Tiiger ground his club in a bunker. And Rose picked his ball up in the rough. Is it legal for Mickelson not to carry a driver? I thought you had to. My buddies are pretty sure that's a rule. Should I call it in?
  • Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I am kind of getting taht Torrey Pines feeling....Tiger just needs one big break to go his way and he may jump on a run and get right in the thick of this.........

Thinking he gets to -3 for the tourney, he is great position (although Scott looks unflappable)

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Originally Posted by BallStriker

I am kind of getting taht Torrey Pines feeling....Tiger just needs one big break to go his way and he may jump on a run and get right in the thick of this.........

Thinking he gets to -3 for the tourney, he is great position (although Scott looks unflappable)

He better get to -3 before he hits 15 and hopes to par in... that's a tough stretch, or it was yesterday.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I am kind of getting taht Torrey Pines feeling....Tiger just needs one big break to go his way and he may jump on a run and get right in the thick of this......... Thinking he gets to -3 for the tourney, he is great position (although Scott looks unflappable)

He needs to make a few bombs or chip one in for this to be Torrey-esque. Two birdies won't do it alone. Also, FWIW: http://thesandtrap.com/chat

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by BallStriker

I don't know. He just doesn't seem like he has it this week. He didn't play well at all here in '03. Not all courses are suited for him. But I do agree for him to have a realistic chance this weekend, he has to be at -3. I don't see Scott, Rose, Stenson or Dufner coming back to the pack anytime soon. Those guys are dangerous this weekend.

What happened to Westy? He played his last 11 holes at +5. Ouch.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Did someone yell some kind of food or seasoning? Arugula or something..

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Did someone yell some kind of food or seasoning? Arugula or something..

Rutabaga.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Tiger missed 2 birds in a row- makeable Not a factor

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by tmac20

My prediction: Adam Scott and Jason Dufner will both do better than Tiger Woods.

This is starting to look better and better.

Keegan's club twirls are driving me nuts!!!!

Knock it off!  Geez!

I hate watching this guy's pre-shot routine.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Will the "Ghost of 62" show up at Oak Hill? Remember Nick Price and Tiger Woods? Both guys had putts going in the hole for a 62 and did a horseshoe around the hole and didn't go in.

All in all, very surprised how easy Oak Hill is playing. I know it's soft, but it was very soft in 1989 and -2 won. Looks like 400 birdies are going to go down today. Wow.

Originally Posted by rehmwa

well, on the Par 5 with the creek, Cabrera better pull the driver and throw out his back and go for it in 2

other:  looks like Rory is stuck on the edge of good/bad play.  It's like watching an engine that is trying to start but needs a bit more choke.  I hope he comes out the rest of the tournament ok.  maybe he's one that has hot/cold "seasons", instead of tournaments or rounds......

Rory reminds me of Tiger's season from 2 years ago.  One good round, one average round, and 2 below average rounds.

Originally Posted by tmac20

This is starting to look better and better.

It's kind of funny that those two guys just happen to be the two leaders.  Ha!  Good call so far.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

This Aphibarnrat dude looks like a 13 y/o who never left his couch his entire life, and is showing up on the first day of double sessions for freshman football thinking he's gonna make the team.

This Aphibarnrat dude looks like a 13 y/o who never left his couch his entire life, and is showing up on the first day of double sessions for freshman football thinking he's gonna make the team.

he makes some pretty damn good shots for a fatty! Lol that was mean

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

H[quote name="saturday" url="/t/68920/2013-pga-championship-at-oak-hill-discussion-thread/180#post_880362"] he makes some pretty damn good shots for a fatty! Lol that was mean[/quote] Hahaha, you said fatty, not me. What's odder than his size, is his real name: Anujit Hirunratanakorn. http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/kiradech-aphibarnrat-of-thailand-shoots-68-in-first-round-of-pga-080813

Note: This thread is 3874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!