IGNORED

2013 PGA Championship at Oak Hill Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by theworldengine

Dufnahhhhh is the favorite imo. his driver is so dialed in rite now, hes the man to find fairways on Sunday.  Outside of Dufnahhhhhh its pretty wide open because they are all in striking distance and are all shaky with the putter.

I really like Stenson tomorrow. I just feel like all these top-3 finishes the last couple months have him ready for tomorrow and he can handle it. Played well down the stretch at Muirfield...just got outplayed by Phil. Let's not forget four years ago this guys was on top of some people's list as "Best Player not to have a major." He was ranked 3rd or 4th in the world before falling off the map.

Might be bad news for Furyk and Dufner tomorrow.....

In the last 12 major championships, only 3 times has the winner come from the final group.......and in two of those instances it was Rory McIlroy who was lapping the field. The other instance was Darren Clarke at the 2011 Open Championship.

In fact, 3 of the last 4 major champions came from guys at least 3 groups deep. Mickelson was in the 6th to last pairing, Els in the third to last and Rose in the third to last.

Guys can't handle the pressure anymore in golf. That's why when a guy like Westwood wins one (rather if he wins one), it will be the backdoor way of finishing early and holding on.

Scott has the best shot since Stevie seems to know those greens really well.  He gave him a perfect read on 18.

Stenson is a wildcard in my opinion, we'll see how he handles pressure tomorrow.  Would like to see Rory give it a run and if Furyk can hold on I'll be rooting for him.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Please........anyone but Furyk. If ever there was a player to make young people think golf is uncool it's him. If he was the face of golf we'd be doomed.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Matt Kucher hurt me.  He was my pick.  You cut me deep Kuch.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Rory or Westwood hopefully!

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

So is -9 the winning number today?

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by Infamous 273

No one mentioning Blixt I see. Wait, I already did in the prediction thread - called him at -8.

*pats self on back*

Good job. Blixt is the Shaun MIcheel of this PGA. I'd rather see a guy like Dufner break through or Furyk get his 2nd major, but you never know. Depends how he handles the pressure. Sometimes these guys with nothing to lose play a little looser than the others.

As for the winning number, I'll go with -8. I think Rory needs at least a 65. Greens should firm up a little more and pars will be tough to come by from the 7th hole on.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Please........anyone but Furyk.

If ever there was a player to make young people think golf is uncool it's him.

If he was the face of golf we'd be doomed.

hahaha. I get what you're saying...he kind of gives off the uncool vibe, but as a fairly young person myself I don't mind Furyk at all. In all honesty though I don't really enjoy watching his swing, I'd rather see Duff, Adam Scott, or Rory get the win today.

I'm still sticking with Adam.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Originally Posted by ChrisP

Good job. Blixt is the Shaun MIcheel of this PGA. I'd rather see a guy like Dufner break through or Furyk get his 2nd major, but you never know. Depends how he handles the pressure. Sometimes these guys with nothing to lose play a little looser than the others.

As for the winning number, I'll go with -8. I think Rory needs at least a 65. Greens should firm up a little more and pars will be tough to come by from the 7th hole on.

Jonas Blixt has two tour wins to his credit, and is ranked inside the world's top 50. He's a bit better off now than Micheel was before the 2003 PGA, although still the spoiler in comparison to the names around him on the leaderboard.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

http://thesandtrap.com/b/pga/2013_pga_championship_at_oak_hill_final_round_live_chat

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by Elrey Desol

no love for Stricker? with the way he putts and his short game, i think he's got as good a shot as Scott, Blixt, or Rory.

picked Dufner at 33/1 on Wednesday, so that's my guy for the afternoon.

I got Stenson at 22-1 and put 10 bucks on him earlier this week. Sad thing is I kinda would rather see Duf win because I like the guy.

As for Stricker, that second hole at Merion still sticks out in the back of my mind. Just don't know if he can handle major pressure. One of those things where I'll believe it when I see it. I said the same thing about Rose at the Open and he finally came through.

Did anyone see Chris Kirk get hosed on #5?  I really like how the course has played- with it being long, soft with thick rough (that has 3 different cuts), it seems to have given a chance for the players striking the ball well and putting well a chance to score, while making it hard for those who are off line.  The one thing I am not a big fan off most of the time is shaved banks where a ball can go from being on a green to rolling into the water.

For those that missed it on TNT- Kirk's second shot landed over the water near the front of the green, but rolled back into the water.  After dropping back in the fairway, his fourth one hopped into the flag stick and again rolled back in the water.  His 6th then missed the flag stick by a few inches, ending up about a foot from the hole.  So a 7 with a single mediocre shot, two great ones and two penalty strokes

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Note: This thread is 3901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!