IGNORED

2013 PGA Championship at Oak Hill Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by ChrisP

Sergio gripped and re-gripped his club 15-25 times.

Dufner has 8-9 waggles.

Oh yeah....and Dufner has a hot ass wife and he likes to grab her booty. I'll take "that Dufner guy" any day.

Last sentence....quote of the week.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Originally Posted by Zeph

Americans are loud and dumbwitted. Europeans are educated and sophisticated.

Discuss.

Canadians are helpful and polite.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Crim

Probably true. At the same time, Americans have more fun.

Discuss.

Depends on your definition of fun.

Discuss.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by 9iron

Only blame the French speaking part.

Yeah, I can't argue with that....

Friggin Canadians...I'm up in Montreal a few years ago and I order some chicken wings.  It comes with a side of french fries.  When it gets there, there's only one box.  I'm intrigued.  I open it up and they filled the bottom of the box with the fries, then layered the wings on top of the fries, and then poured about a quart of sauce over all of it.  What kind of backwards crap is that???

Colin P.

Originally Posted by colin007

Yeah, I can't argue with that....

Friggin Canadians...I'm up in Montreal a few years ago and I order some chicken wings.  It comes with a side of french fries.  When it gets there, there's only one box.  I'm intrigued.  I open it up and they filled the bottom of the box with the fries, then layered the wings on top of the fries, and then poured about a quart of sauce over all of it.  What kind of backwards crap is that???

You should have slapped them - that's the appropriate response with those Frenchie-talking types.  But they're easy to push around.  I vacationed in Quebec a decade ago, they didn't have the non-smoking room I reserved many months in advance (it was exactly the Seinfeld reservations scene), and instead they stuck us in a suite that smelled like it had been smoked in only a few minutes before.  After complaining to the manager that I didn't care if the interior-view suite was twice as big as the river-view room I had originally reserved, and we couldn't stay in it anyway because my wife and I both had tobacco allergies, he initially tried to tell me they were booked solid.  When I told him we'd take one of the rooms they always hold in reserve, he finally caved and gave us maybe the finest suite in all of Quebec, that normally cost 4x what our original room should have cost.

After that, when we realized what pushovers those Frenchie-Quebec-ers were, every meal we'd walk into a restaurant, state loudly "WE'LL TAKE YOUR FINEST TABLE AND YOU BETER COMP THE HORS D'OEVRES AND CHAMPAGNE - WE'RE AMERICAN, DAMMIT!"   Worked like a charm.  My wife went into a boutique, found a silk scarf she liked and the store clerk stopped us on the way out, I guess to see about paying for it.  We just said "OH, IT'S OK - WE'RE AMERICANS!  NO NEED TO BOTHER" and they just waived us on out the door.

True story (the hotel part, that is).

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Depends on your definition of fun.

Discuss.

Drinking a couple manhattans and then yelling Chewbacca after a Dufner drive sounds more fun then doing neither.

Discuss.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Yeah, I can't argue with that.... Friggin Canadians...I'm up in Montreal a few years ago and I order some chicken wings.  It comes with a side of french fries.  When it gets there, there's only one box.  I'm intrigued.  I open it up and they filled the bottom of the box with the fries, then layered the wings on top of the fries, and then poured about a quart of sauce over all of it.  What kind of backwards crap is that???

Not a big poutine fan, eh?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

https://twitter.com/intent/user?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.geoffshackelford.com%2F&screen;_name=IanJamesPoulter&tw;_i=366639563537526784&tw;_p=tweetembed

And surprised to see this

Quote:

Final Round Earns Increase of 13% in Metered Markets

CBS Sports’ weekend coverage of the 2013 PGA Championship on Saturday, Aug. 10 and Sunday, Aug. 11, which Jason Dufner won his first career major title, saw ratings rise 19% earning a two-day average overnight household rating/share in the metered markets of 3.7/9, up from last year’s 3.1/7; and up 6% from a 3.5/8 (2011) in the metered markets.

CBS Sports’ final-round coverage earned an overnight household rating/share of 4.4/10, up 13% from last year’s 3.9/8; and up 2% from 4.3/9 in 2011.

Final-round coverage on the CBS Television Network peaked with a rating/share of 6.0/12 between 7:00-7:15 PM, ET.

CBS Sports' third-round coverage of the 2013 PGA Championship on Saturday, Aug. 10 earned an overnight household rating/share in the metered markets of 3.0/8, up +30% from last year’s coverage which earned a 2.3/5; and up +15% compared to a 2.6/6 in 2011.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

And surprised to see this

That is surprising, especially since the last few were more entertaining.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by Wansteadimp

Says the raping and pillaging Viking

Anyone see the excellent History Channel show Vikings (the tale of an adventurous viking farmer who rose to become the first raid leader to attack the British Isles, then an earl, finally King of Denmark)?  It was a bit disconcerting watching these thoughtful family men, in the process of sacking Lindisfarne abbey, momentarily pause with astonishment at how easy it was to kill the defenseless, helpless monks, before resuming the slaughter.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

You should have slapped them - that's the appropriate response with those Frenchie-talking types.  But they're easy to push around.  I vacationed in Quebec a decade ago, they didn't have the non-smoking room I reserved many months in advance (it was exactly the Seinfeld reservations scene), and instead they stuck us in a suite that smelled like it had been smoked in only a few minutes before.  After complaining to the manager that I didn't care if the interior-view suite was twice as big as the river-view room I had originally reserved, and we couldn't stay in it anyway because my wife and I both had tobacco allergies, he initially tried to tell me they were booked solid.  When I told him we'd take one of the rooms they always hold in reserve, he finally caved and gave us maybe the finest suite in all of Quebec, that normally cost 4x what our original room should have cost.  After that, when we realized what pushovers those Frenchie-Quebec-ers were, every meal we'd walk into a restaurant, state loudly "WE'LL TAKE YOUR FINEST TABLE AND YOU BETER COMP THE HORS D'OEVRES AND CHAMPAGNE - WE'RE AMERICAN, DAMMIT!"   Worked like a charm.  My wife went into a boutique, found a silk scarf she liked and the store clerk stopped us on the way out, I guess to see about paying for it.  We just said "OH, IT'S OK - WE'RE AMERICANS!  NO NEED TO BOTHER" and they just waived us on out the door. True story (the hotel part, that is).

lol, jeez. Comments like that and some Americans say " why do people hate us so much?" It's people like you that give the rest a bad name.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by saturday

lol, jeez. Comments like that and some Americans say " why do people hate us so much?"

It's people like you that give the rest a bad name.

Will one of our other neighbors to the north please explain to your countryman about the concept of "tongue in cheek."  Saturday is giving you guys a bad name - he may have provided some of the inspiration for Strange Brew.

Bro, it wasn't poutine, it was buffalo wing sauce all over everything...

I know it wasn't actual poutine, but if you don't like soggy fries, you don't like soggy fries. Whatever, I'll say it. I don't like poutine. Or soggy fries of any variety. ;-)

In my bag:

I know it wasn't actual poutine, but if you don't like soggy fries, you don't like soggy fries. Whatever, I'll say it. I don't like poutine. Or soggy fries of any variety. ;-)

Yeah, soggy fries kinda defeats the whole point of...fries...

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 3892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!