Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How To Use One Lesson?

2 posts in this topic

Good Evening!

My wife bought me a one-hour golf lesson as an anniversary present. I've only got the one lesson and can't afford to buy more right now, so I'm wondering what would be the best use of my one lesson.

Assuming I need help in all aspects of my game (...and I do, I'm a super high capper), what should I take my one lesson on?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I think that would be best situated for the Pro to decide.  However, assuming you are referring to Driving, Irons, wedges, and putting.. I think I would work on my full swing mechanics first.  Most likely he will have you pull out a 6 or 7 iron and take a look at your swing.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • Isn't it funny, that each of us, no matter which end of the spectrum we fall on, feels like we're at a disadvantage when playing someone with a substantially different handicap?  I have no idea whether these two individuals' statistics really bear out their claims, or if its more a matter of perception, but there's no way that both experiences can be generally valid for the full population of golfers.
    • For awhile, I really felt good when I was on a golf course.  I had a ton of confidence and things just seemed to click for me and I was posting really good (for me) scores.  Suddenly... I would stand over a ball and feel lost.  I said to my buddy the other day that playing for a two-way miss on every shot is no fun and, honestly... I was beginning to get discouraged.  

I set up a time this morning to play as a single at my club.  I got out at just after 8:30 this morning and there was only 1 group ahead of me.  I planned to take my time and play it as if I was playing a tournament round.  

On the front nine, I was lost again.  After a really good opening drive, I made a bogey on the first hole... then I got up & down out of a bunker on the second for a par.  After that... things fell apart.  I went double - double - double on the next few holes and began really wondering what I was doing differently.  After a bogey and double on numbers six and seven, I hit a poor tee shot on the eighth hole that forced me to punch out.  I was left with about 140 into a breeze.  I took a deep breath when I got to my ball and took slow, deliberate practice swings and I felt that I was rocking instead of keeping my weight forward.  It clicked at that moment for me.  I hit a pretty good shot there to 18 feet but couldn't make the putt, so I took a bogey.  On the ninth, I hit a poor drive and had about 140 again to the hole... this time out of the rough.  I hit a near perfect 8 iron that finished 7 feet from the hole.  I hit a good putt, but I didn't make it, settling for par.  I went out in 47 and was determined to focus on my weight for every swing on the back side.  

After a bogey - bogey start on what I believe are a pair of the most difficult holes on the back, I went par - par - bogey (on my nemesis hole) - birdie - par - bogey - par to finish.  I came in with a 39 on the back.  

My 47 - 39 = 86 has been (by a large margin) my best 18 hole score in a month.  I'm now excited to get back out (hopefully Thursday morning) and play another round to see if I can keep the momentum going!  

• As a 17 HCP golfer I got my butt kicked almost every time I played a match with a low single digit handicapper - to the point that I now avoid the situation to begin with.  I find that the better golfers are much more  consistent than golfers like myself and since the index includes the best 10 of the last 20 scores, I typically have a higher variance in my scores.  Another reason I avoid such matches is in the event that I win the match,  the better golfer may get  ticked off handing a golfer with less skill money at the end of the match!  
    • Yup.  Snarky maybe? P.S.  In Regards to my Tiger comment ...  
    • With risk of getting yet another temporary ban, are you drunk, or is it you don't have any friends and are looking for one ? I am not being offensive, as I don't have many friends myself, and on the odd occasion I feel the necessity to talk to my wife, but not very often  fortunately 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. matteson83
      (33 years old)
    2. Michael Riedy
      Michael Riedy
      (67 years old)
    3. Zeke Widjaja
      Zeke Widjaja
      (52 years old)
  • Blog Entries