IGNORED

How did the Ohio golf meet-up/outing go?

TJBam
Note: This thread is 3908 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest looking at the thread that is already posted about it.  It  has information, pictures, etc.

Jeff

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by SloverUT

I would suggest looking at the thread that is already posted about it.  It  has information, pictures, etc.

I searched and couldn't find it.  A little help?

I searched and couldn't find it.  A little help? c2_beer.gif

http://thesandtrap.com/t/67534/first-annual-pittsburgh-erie-cleveland-get-together-august-3/0_30

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Went pretty well. JeramieBoop proved me wrong by nailing a green from 163 yards away with a pitching wedge. (I still contend that he mishit it and got lucky, as his first one was a draw that ended up about 30 yards short...and it was from an elevated tee...but I digress...)

I also got to apologize for him so he wouldn't get his ass beat by roid rage Dad after he almost nailed his kids with a pushed 250 yard drive lol

I'll give him credit though, he can really crush the ball. He did have a drive go about 300, unfortunately it was his 3rd shot...our group spent a lot of time hitting 3 from the tee lol

Jeramie, Grins (Jeff), myself, and my friend Pat were grouped up. We all played pretty terribly. Grins did get his first par 5 birdie though, 3 good shots and nailed the putt!

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Went pretty well. JeramieBoop proved me wrong by nailing a green from 163 yards away with a pitching wedge. (I still contend that he mishit it and got lucky, as his first one was a draw that ended up about 30 yards short...and it was from an elevated tee...but I digress...)

I also got to apologize for him so he wouldn't get his ass beat by roid rage Dad after he almost nailed his kids with a pushed 250 yard drive lol

I'll give him credit though, he can really crush the ball. He did have a drive go about 300, unfortunately it was his 3rd shot...our group spent a lot of time hitting 3 from the tee lol

Jeramie, Grins (Jeff), myself, and my friend Pat were grouped up. We all played pretty terribly. Grins did get his first par 5 birdie though, 3 good shots and nailed the putt!

Awesome to hear.  Someone mentioned something in the thread about losing $2k?  Quite a wagering game yall had?

Originally Posted by TJBam

Awesome to hear.  Someone mentioned something in the thread about losing $2k?  Quite a wagering game yall had?

lol

Not in our group. We would have bet who could slice it the furthest OB...and it would have been a close match...

Ryan M

Heh. That was me. The day before, Erik, Mike, and I played $2,000 nassau, the average of their scores (rounded up) against my score. They won the front and the total, but I won the back nine to get the deficit down to $2,000.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

[QUOTE name="jamo" url="/t/69031/how-did-the-ohio-golf-meet-up-outing-go#post_878617"]Heh. That was me. The day before, Erik, Mike, and I played $2,000 nassau, the average of their scores (rounded up) against my score. They won the front and the total, but I won the back nine to get the deficit down to $2,000. [/QUOTE] Wow these folks are bankrolling.   Saw the picture of your divotless 3W (?) launch.  Lookin good bud.

Hmm... I could contend that I hit the first one bad and the second one good on the par 3 as both were a draw shot. Either way it was a lot of fun and looking forward to the next chance to get together. I still think the best shot of the day for me was the putt on 9.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

Hmm... I could contend that I hit the first one bad and the second one good on the par 3 as both were a draw shot.  Either way it was a lot of fun and looking forward to the next chance to get together. I still think the best shot of the day for me was the putt on 9.

I dunno, your first one had a pitching wedge trajectory, your second looked more like a 3 iron trajectory lol

I'd say your drive on the par 4 that left you a chip shot to the green was your best. Even though it was your third.

That putt was insane...

60 ft lag putt over a big ridge...I think he just whacked it and prayed...a good ole Hail Mary if you will...

Ryan M

I dunno, your first one had a pitching wedge trajectory, your second looked more like a 3 iron trajectory lol

I'd say your drive on the par 4 that left you a chip shot to the green was your best. Even though it was your third.

That putt was insane...

60 ft lag putt over a big ridge...I think he just whacked it and prayed...a good ole Hail Mary if you will...

Any putt that long is definitely a hit and pray situation. I got a decent read after Pat's putt went too fast to the top of that ridge, but other than that it was all luck.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.  BTW I hit my PW a massive 115...

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Originally Posted by cipher

Slice had me questioning myself on my yardage even after the round was over. I played a course sunday and kept playing a par 3 that was 135 with my AW/50* to make sure I wasn't getting lucky with the distance, but every shot landed on the green. To be honest, I think both my shots on the par 3 we talked about were mis-hits. One was just lucky and the other wasn't.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

As long as you hit it straight, you may have a lot of people beat! :p

Jeff

Ha. Trade you my PW distance for your accuracy. Fair enough?

Mine is good for 130-135. I'm definitely not hitting it 163. Even teed up from an elevated tee I'd probably only get 145-150.

On that same hole, I hit what I thought was a GREAT shot, right at the pin...but it ended up being JUST too much club, burying me in the rough with a downhill lie to a tight pin...almost impossible up and down for me.

Ryan M

Originally Posted by SloverUT

As long as you hit it straight, you may have a lot of people beat! :p

Very true.

Ha. Trade you my PW distance for your accuracy. Fair enough?

Mine is good for 130-135. I'm definitely not hitting it 163. Even teed up from an elevated tee I'd probably only get 145-150.

On that same hole, I hit what I thought was a GREAT shot, right at the pin...but it ended up being JUST too much club, burying me in the rough with a downhill lie to a tight pin...almost impossible up and down for me.

Ha, yeah I should mention it is not even close to a full(over) swing though.  I remember in my early 20's when I would hit my PW 150.  Cobra CXI irons.  Loved those babies.  What is funny is they were regular flex.  Can't swing it like that anymore.  At almost 33 it just hurts to much to try and swing that hard now.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Note: This thread is 3908 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!