IGNORED

Fox Sports 2015 U.S. Open Thread (Joe Buck, Greg Norman)

ChrisP
Note: This thread is 3187 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tell you what I don't like: I think they're paying azzholes to stand next to their mics and yell stupid shit like getinthehole and mashedpotatoes. Either that or Seattle fans are just as idiotic as Jacksonville. By far the 2 worst I've heard and both this season.

I noticed Fox has been able to mute out players' conversation especially when they break FCC rules.   Wouldnt it be possible to mute out the idiots yelling babba booey and get in thehole?

Buck is a 5 HC ... but hey, golf commentating is not the NFL

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm not sure I've heard Weiskopf put together a coherent sentence all week.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Okay --- the women were wasted on this telecast.

Gulbis ... was useless

Hollie was mismanaged and they made her useless ... such dumb questions and what a fake, contrived setup. Amateurish. ... sorry for the Billy Hoerschel act

Both ought to file suit against Fox for gross negligence.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Okay --- the women were wasted on this telecast. Gulbis ... was useless Hollie was mismanaged and they made her useless ... such dumb questions and what a fake, contrived setup. Amateurish. ... sorry for the Billy Hoerschel act Both ought to file suit against Fox for gross negligence.

I thought Pressel and Inkster were solid the very little we heard from them. Would liked to have seen more.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Since nobody has said it, I will.  I hate Fox's coverage by going commercial free in the later stages of this tournament. ;-)

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Since nobody has said it, I will.  I hate Fox's coverage by going commercial free in the later stages of this tournament.

You hate the fact that there was no commercials.. sure hope you're being sarcastic.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I thought Pressel and Inkster were solid the very little we heard from them. Would liked to have seen more.

Did not even see them ... missed that part ... just saw Inkster on the bottom right of the screen last night.

Overall, I'd give them a C. I give them the benefit of the doubt that they didn't have top talent coming in (some of this crew were retreads that other networks didn't want) and Buck/Norman never did this before. Give them a break. Buck said straight up before the tournament began this is new for him and he's going to learn as he goes.

I was upset that NBC lost the US Open and I think fans got the raw end of the deal because NBC would have put on a solid production like they always do, but the USGA doesn't care what the fans think, they care about what makes their wallets bigger and Fox offered up the cash. My only hope is Fox can somehow work out a deal to cover more tournaments because they need the experience and to try different things. Maybe they can pry Azinger away from ESPN now that they're about to lose The Open Championship.

Did anyone else absolutely love the protracer from the tee shots and fairways? I sure did. It wasn't once every 2 hours, it was almost every tee shot.

• Upvote 1

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

You hate the fact that there was no commercials.. sure hope you're being sarcastic.

Yeah. I just thought I'd join in on the bitching, whining, and complaining.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Did not even see them ... missed that part ... just saw Inkster on the bottom right of the screen last night.

It was mostly early round coverage.

In my bag:

Your ass is still red from the Stanley cup, I can tell.

Actually I'm a Red Wings fan.... and Fox's coverage still sucked.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Another thing I liked that I hope the other networks pick up: on critical putts, they kept the player in the shot as the ball rolled into the hole. Best example was Spieth's putt on 16, that was some drama. Hate when cameras zoom into the ball rolling and off the player.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Okay --- the women were wasted on this telecast.

Gulbis ... was useless

Hollie was mismanaged and they made her useless ... such dumb questions and what a fake, contrived setup. Amateurish. ... sorry for the Billy Hoerschel act

Both ought to file suit against Fox for gross negligence.

I agree on Holly and Gulbis, most of their work was cringe worthy.  Holly can't be happy with her body of work this week.  She was relegated to a (Lara Croft) profile the entire tournament as though they were trying to hide the left side of her face.  Her interviews were robotic and awkward, this is not even close to the quality of her work at GC.  I have to think after watching herself and reading the reviews of her contributions her husband is going to be sleeping on the couch for a while.

Gulbis was also awkward and offered little insight as an LPGA pro to the telecast.  Fox should know better than to put someone with little or no broadcast experience on the air during such a big event without at least coaching her better.   She was clearly unprepared and uncomfortable.

A bit of a cheap shot but I'm curious why Paula Creamer wasn't pushing the LPGA to play CB as she did Augusta National.

Joe Paradiso

Note To FOX:

Keep Greg Norman. He has a good voice, and knows what he is talking about. Accent approved.

Find someone to replace: Holly Sommers, Joe Buck and Tom Weiskopf. There must be several tour pros NOT playing that could do a better job. You need to find a McCord and Feherty team. Or a Ken Venturi clone.

Keep: Corey Pavin. He was better than expected.

Keep: The graphics were awesome, especially the protracker-visual  on the shots. Well done. Just do every shot next time.

You want more viewers...? Don't hold back your thoughts. If you see something wrong, call them out. Viewers would rather hear honest assessments, than trying too hard to be PC all over the place.

Yawn, wow were those two terrible, Norman sounded like he was calling in from his rocking chair at home, and Buck is just too macho voiced with nothing to say, not good.

But the coverage was great, love the no commercials thing, the streaming, the graphics, everything about it was solid, just get better talent.

And not enough Holly, that girl made a big mistake, she went from being the darling of golf to a big nobody, hope it was worth it.

Note: This thread is 3187 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!