IGNORED

Fox Sports 2015 U.S. Open Thread (Joe Buck, Greg Norman)

ChrisP
Note: This thread is 3208 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Too much talk not enough action and when the action starts they don't cover the whole field, too much of following the top 4.

In other words, everything we complain about the production on all the other networks that carry golf events.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

In other words, everything we complain about the production on all the other networks that carry golf events.

Right. Most of these complaints aren't unique.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Crank it up! [URL=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhXo6y1PtQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhXo6y1PtQ[/URL]

One time in TST chat, @JetFan1983 spent like an hour looking up the theme songs different networks use for different events. IIRC, Yanni composed like half of them. Dude is a theme song composing fiend.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Crank it up! [URL=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhXo6y1PtQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhXo6y1PtQ[/URL]

Fox's theme is so generic and bland. I can't even replay it in my head it's so rice cake tasteless.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreyWingbat

Crank it up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhXo6y1PtQ

One time in TST chat, @JetFan1983 spent like an hour looking up the theme songs different networks use for different events. IIRC, Yanni composed like half of them. Dude is a theme song composing fiend.

Haha, funny you mention that. I still miss the old CBS Yanni intro. They had a much better build up to the weekend rounds.

Hmmm for some reason it's not skipping directly to where I set it to. 5:10 or so is a good part to jump to.

Constantine

I've been watching golf telecasts forever........never have I heard background noise like fox's U.S. open......sounds like construction site.i can't hear announcers

Actually I like Buck.  He has just the right amount of respect, but at the same time doesn't put golf on some sort of bullshit pedestal.  Norman on the other hand sounds like a Neanderthal at this point., and is providing no additional insight.  Pavin is decent and has potential, however Weiskopf has to go.  He's out of touch with today's game, and like Norman, isn't providing anything of value.  And I grew up watching Nicklaus, Trevino, Weiskopf, so this is hard for me to admit.

Also, like someone else mentioned, the background audio is ruining the telecast.  I do miss Johnny Miller and company.

Dale

My wife said who is the woman doing the after the round interviews she looks stiff and uncomfortable. I told her she  is just eye candy for the men watching the

Open.

Then when I googles her I find a link to this forum where there is a thread discussing whether her boobs are real. So I guess I was not far off. :-D

Doug

The post round interviews Holly is doing are horrible.  I don't know why they are holding microphones rather than using a boom mic or wireless lapel mics, she and the guys she's interviewing look awkward holding them.  She's also standing sideways to the camera throughout most of the interviews which gives her no eye contact with the viewing audience.

The questions are weak, almost gratuitous without any real point behind them.  I realize the interview with Kisner was to discuss Day's condition but how about asking the guy a question about his own round to not make it seem so obvious.

Joe Paradiso

The post round interviews Holly is doing are horrible.  I don't know why they are holding microphones rather than using a boom mic or wireless lapel mics, she and the guys she's interviewing look awkward holding them.  She's also standing sideways to the camera throughout most of the interviews which gives her no eye contact with the viewing audience.

The questions are weak, almost gratuitous without any real point behind them.  I realize the interview with Kisner was to discuss Day's condition but how about asking the guy a question about his own round to not make it seem so obvious.

Agree -- my guess is they are feeding her the questions... and they are not making use of her "assets". On TGC, she brought a lot of energy to the equation, whether you liked her or not, and she typically asked decent questions. With Fox, she seems a waste... at the moment.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 3208 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!