IGNORED

My Swing (savosean)

savosean
Note: This thread is 3870 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 7 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 4 handicap

My typical ball flight is: unconsistent as of late

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: just regain my consistency

Videos:

Nice practice swings but I think the rules suggest not to do that and you did it with your first post here which the rules also talk about-Long story short you probably wont get much help from people for both reasons. But look at your setup. There's a thread http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture here for you

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the reply, and the comments about the rules. Don't know why the practice swings would be any different, someone who can annalyze a swing should not need my ball flight. Shouldn't they know from what my swing looks like.

Also, I am new so I guess I have not posted yet but I will no doubt be posting more on this forum.

Work on your setup -- it's very upright ...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Work on your setup -- it's very upright ...

Thanks for the reply, and I hate to ask but what exactly do you mean by "its very upright". Is it me standing to close to the ball and not bending my knees enough?

Originally Posted by savosean

Thanks for the reply, and I hate to ask but what exactly do you mean by "its very upright". Is it me standing to close to the ball and not bending my knees enough?

Yes.  Here is a good place to start: Good Golf Posture.

• Upvote 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Thanks for the reply, and the comments about the rules. Don't know why the practice swings would be any different, someone who can annalyze a swing should not need my ball flight. Shouldn't they know from what my swing looks like. Also, I am new so I guess I have not posted yet but I will no doubt be posting more on this forum.

lol. Like 98% of golfers have a different real swing than their practice swing

Answered above -- that's a good link ( Good Golf Posture. )

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by theworldengine

lol. Like 98% of golfers have a different real swing than their practice swing

That's dumb why would anyone practice something they are not going to utilize when actually hitting the ball, this is just one of those made up statistics off of your opinion. Lets say that 95% of statistics posted on forums are made up.

That's dumb why would anyone practice something they are not going to utilize when actually hitting the ball, this is just one of those made up statistics off of your opinion. Lets say that 95% of statistics posted on forums are made up.

LOL When people step up to the ball subconscious tendencies come out, which cause the real swing to look different than a practice swing. It's not made up bro

No, it's true for some people. My practice swings look great on video; the real thing? Not so sweet.

Originally Posted by theworldengine

LOL

When people step up to the ball subconscious tendencies come out, which cause the real swing to look different than a practice swing. It's not made up bro

Why should somsone have subconscious tendencies when there is no pressure, you arnt a proffesional no one is caring wether you hit a good ball or not.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

No, it's true for some people. My practice swings look great on video; the real thing? Not so sweet.

Well not for me, since its the same thing and there is no pressure. I would never practice something I am not going to use when hitting the ball.

Why should somsone have subconscious tendencies when there is no pressure, you arnt a proffesional no one is caring wether you hit a good ball or not. Well not for me, since its the same thing and there is no pressure. I would never practice something I am not going to use when hitting the ball.

Garuntee your real swing is not the same as your practice swing. You are human bro.

Why should somsone have subconscious tendencies when there is no pressure, you arnt a proffesional no one is caring wether you hit a good ball or not.

Well not for me, since its the same thing and there is no pressure. I would never practice something I am not going to use when hitting the ball.

I've only been playing a three years now (as of 3 days ago), and everyone I have seen playing with a handicap of 4 or higher has a better practice swing than the real swing. Only the better scratch golfers I have seen swing the same.

However, a lot of the pre-PGA pros (15 to 18 year olds) don't swing the same, on purpose. They swing slowly in a different location than the ball, the walk up to the ball and hit. I guess it is for feel and timing?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator

I've yet to find a golfer who makes the same swing as his practice swing.

Perhaps some PGA Tour level players could do it if they REALLY tried.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

And you have video proof for yourself?

Taking a full practice swing, and then taking a swing at a ball in the same video take?

Get back to us, please.

I am not trying to be rude so please don't take this wrong, but are you "officially" a 4 hc?  Just asking, again I am not trying to offend.  I mean you can get to single digit with a pretty raw swing, I know that.  I know plenty of golfers who did it.  I am just curious how you got to a 4, and what was your study about the swing or golf in general?

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Note: This thread is 3870 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!