IGNORED

Is it possible for Guitar Hero to be too sweet?

BigHitta
Note: This thread is 5585 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What's your opinion on guitar hero?

• I love guitar hero, playing it constantly!!!
    • Not a big fan, I'll stick with Master Cheif and Halo.
    • I own a Wii and currently can't play guitar hero, I envy 360 owners.

I finally beat Tom on the medium challenge (Wii). I am going to retire and let my kids continue to battle.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost Ball played GH last night for the first time

I'm not trying. The only thing I can do with my left hand is try desperately to hang on to my driver.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I play all old Guitar Hero games (1, 2, 80's) on hard (and a few songs on expert). Except Guitar Hero 3 - it is more flailing at the guitar than actual note-playing. Medium puts me to sleep and I don't come close to beating Hard...so what gives?
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I play all old Guitar Hero games (1, 2, 80's) on hard (and a few songs on expert). Except Guitar Hero 3 - it is more flailing at the guitar than actual note-playing. Medium puts me to sleep and I don't come close to beating Hard...so what gives?

That's what my kids say..."What's the point?"

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I'm not trying. The only thing I can do with my left hand is try desperately to hang on to my driver.

Lost Ball is thankful that "to hang on to my driver" is how you finished that sentence

Golf is so popular simply because it is the best game in the world at which to be bad.

- A.A. Milne

I hate guitar hero. I play real guitar (they have strings not buttons) and guitar hero is was harder. I tried rock me like a hurricane on expert at my friends house and it was moving way faster that the song is played and its harder because instead of moving is the small area at the bottom of the fretboard for solos you are flying near the top which is insanley hard. Ill just stick to COD4.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

• 5 weeks later...
Lost Ball is thankful that "to hang on to my driver" is how you finished that sentence

I can't do that with my left hand either.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

• 2 weeks later...
Guitar Hero I, II, III are the greatest games EVER! I never get sick of playing these games and love trying to beat my high scores. They pick really great songs to put on the games too! LOVE THIS GAME!
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

I love GH and Rock Band. I don't get the people saying that this game is stupid, buy a real guitar. This is an insta fun game, I don't want to dedicate years of time to learn how to play Metallica and Sabbath on a real guitar. Yes it is a game.

When I see people playing Call of Duty or FPS, I don't say, well this is stupid, why don't you just sign up for the marines so you can shoot people in a real war.

I don't think anyone claims they are a guitar god just because they can beat the game on Expert. Hell, in Tiger Woods 08, I shot a -20 on a course, dosent mean I can go hit the links and birdy every hole.

I love GH and Rock Band. I don't get the people saying that this game is stupid, buy a real guitar. This is an insta fun game, I don't want to dedicate years of time to learn how to play Metallica and Sabbath on a real guitar. Yes it is a game.

alot of people actually have said to me that guitar hero is much harder than learning real guitar, and although the game IS fun, it bothers me, as a musician who dedicates hours each week to practicing when people tell me this!

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I am okay at Guitar Hero, not a complete embarassment. I have beaten a few songs on hard, but thats it.

A couple of nights ago. My friend beat Through The Fire And Flames (toughest on GH3) on expert. I bowed down to him....

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

I like that game. but i like playing more with the controller than the guitar. I can play basically everysong on hard on the controller.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I would much rather be playing golf than video games

In my Hoofer Extreme

DriverBurner Stock Shaft 9.5

1 Iron Hybrid Idea Pro3 Iron HybridIdea ProIronsX-Forged 4-PWWedgesSpin Milled Vokey PutterStudio Select Newport 2BallPro V1

• 2 weeks later...
Well, there is plenty of bad weather and darkness to find time for videogames, and Guitar Hero is one I enjoy. I have a Wii, and the last Guitar Hero was released for the Wii. I got it when it was released back in the Fall, and I played it pretty religiously the first month or so. I'll still play it from time to time (mostly when friends are over). I can handle the easy and medium levels, but I just haven't ever been able to work my way through the hard and expert levels. I'm definitely lacking in the GH skills, but it's still a blast nonetheless.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
guitar hero is pretty fun. i cant get passed medium so i usually just give up. my new favorite game when i have time to play is Call of Duty 4
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

I really hate video games but i can get into some guitar hero...

Funny story i had a ps2 and when guitar hero three came out for some odd reason i thought it was only on ps3 and xbox360 so i sold my ps2 to buy a ps3 and then realized i didnt need to do any of that... so now im just mad and dont have any video game console...

To the people who say 'learn a real guitar' - seriously? OK, so go drive a real F1 car, go shoot a real gun, go play real tennis.... Video games are games, stop being such a wet blanket.

I have GHIII for Wii. With a few hiccups along the way, I got up to Expert - only song I can't pass is Raining Blood (and I admit, I wussed the battle with Lou on Hard, haven't gone back to try in a while). I got to the point where it was either too frustrating to keep trying Raining Blood, or too boring to go back and play other songs. So I decided to go back and do it all over again left-handed. I'm up to the last set in Hard - I beat Cliffs of Dover, but Raining Blood and Number of the Beast kicked my butt. My left hand isn't capable of strumming that fast yet!

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

I beat easy in 3 days (kind of got addicted) but haven't played it in a while. I have it for the Wii and I am mid-way through medium.

In my bag you'll find:

Irons[SIZE="1"] Big Bertha X-Fuision 5 ~ PW (graphite)
Hybrids 3DX Genex 2i (17*) and 4i (23*) (steel)
SW 256.10 Vokey Black Nickle (56* / 10*) (steel)LW 260.4 Vokey oil can (60* / 4*) (steel)Woods G2i (17*) 3w (graphite)Putter 34" Newport Detour

Note: This thread is 5585 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!