Sign in to follow this  
BigHitta

Is it possible for Guitar Hero to be too sweet?

Note: This thread is 3841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What's your opinion on guitar hero?

• I love guitar hero, playing it constantly!!!
    • Not a big fan, I'll stick with Master Cheif and Halo.
    • I own a Wii and currently can't play guitar hero, I envy 360 owners.

61 posts / 15929 viewsLast Reply

I love Guitar Hero, it is such a refreshing game in an industry filled with copycats and lackluster new ideas. Don't get me wrong, I love my FPS's but guitar hero is the greatest game ever. Period.

On a side note, how many Xbox 360 owners are pissed off that Rocking the 80's is only available for ps2. I am an 80's addict, so when I see I Ran by A Flock of Seagulls, I Wanna Rock by Twisted Sister, Play With Me by Extreme and Holy Diver by Dio and I can't play them I get very upset. It's like an itch I can't scratch because I gave my ps2 to my nephew.

For those who know play Guitar Hero, leave a comment about anything, what difficulty your playing, what song you passed, (how hard it is switching from medium to hard and getting used to the orange.........we've all been there .) The other day I beat Sweet Child O' Mine on Expert , beat that!

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I love Guitar Hero!!! Im only 15 so I wont know much of the 80's songs, and Guitar Hero II i didnt like so much because i barely knew any of the songs. Guitar Hero III Comes out October 28th so im excited for that, because i dont have any of them, i just play them at friends but i love the games!!! I can only play on medium right now though.

I bought Guitar Hero I and II and played them for quite a long time. I even purchased God of War II and left it sitting for a month before even opening it because I was so busy on my Gibson controller. Having it on a university campus was huge, everybody was over all the time. Unfortunately, after 6-8 months or so of each game, I found myself getting slightly bored with it. I found my way back to other games (currently: Knights of the Old Republic) that offered less linear gameplay and more interesting multiplayer modes. It was a blast while I enjoyed it, I just couldn't get into it anymore.

I've only played it once, but was begging for more. That is a really really fun game.

I don't have the game, I really want to get it though. I've seen a couple of my friends play it, and it looks like it's fun. Is it really an addictive game?

Am I one of the only people who absolutely can't stand the game? It seems like that when I talk around to other people also. I guess I'd rather learn to play a real guitar than spend time with a fake one. I'm also not a very big video game guy either so that probably doesn't help much.

I'm a 360 owner and I can't see the point (I have not played it but it looks boring). Just buy a real guitar.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't have either of them and I didn't know what you were talking about until I asked my 8 year old son. I'll pass..

I love this game. I just got it a week back and can't stop playing it it's so fun. Can't wait for Guitar Hero III to come out, can you buy that seperately without a new guitar? Or do the guitars get updated each time.

Love GH2, but unfortunately, I'm sans Xbox 360 right now as Microsoft is putting it's magic touch on repairing it. Just about the only way GH2 could get better is when Rock Band comes out. I might skip GH3 and just wait for Rock Band.

http://www.rockband.com/index.php?do=/public/

If you've never heard of Rock Band - it's GH on steroids with support for 2 guitars (presumable a lead and a bass), drums, and vocals. Basically combining GH2 and Karaoke Revolution. Can't wait.

I bought I and II for my kids at Christmas and the wireless guitar that looks like the old flying z from the 80's hair bands. It's a cool game, but it kills my wrists. I have big hands and it's just too small. Did anyone hear about Joel Zumaya, the Detroit Tigers pitcher, who hurt his wrist last season playing it hours on end. He missed time at the end of the season and was not quite right in the playoffs.

I liked Guitar Hero at first but it got old fast for me. I've been playing Dance Dance Revolution for years so I enjoy rhythm games... I guess it's the music. I don't know. My fiance loves it and plays all the time (Guitar Hero).

Master Chief is my boy....and i have to play on my friends 360

No one should buy a Core. The Xbox Live Marketplace, Xbox Live Arcade, and more are a huge part of why the 360 is so great, and without a hard drive they are useless. Get the one with the hard drive at least, you don't need the big one, the 20GB is enough.

Note: This thread is 3841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!