IGNORED

If you could have any pro's swing, whose would it be?

tmac20
Note: This thread is 3175 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would add to this criteria: best strike on the golf ball.  There is a different sound produced when Tiger, Rory, John Senden, Luke Donald, Boo Weekley and the other good ball strikers hit the ball.  It sounds like they got every groove of the club on the back of the ball before turf.

• 1 month later...

Lately I've been trying to model Fred Funk's swing. We're the same height (5-foot-8), and he's a couple of years younger. Fred has a smooth shoulder rotation, stops back about ear level, and has a crisp followthrough.

I have a problem with overswinging, I'm working to let my shoulder rotation control my takeaway, and not do extra "hand reach" at the top which throws my balance off, destroys lag, delays the next full moon, etc.

When I stop about ear-level, I'm in the low 90s; when I don't... well, it's a wild day.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Charles Barkley.  lol

Seriously, I'll go with the popular choice and pick Adam Scott.  The poster who described it as poetry in motion was correct.

I'm about five inches from being an outstanding golfer.  That's the difference my left ear is from my right.  -  Ben Crenshaw

Golf is like a love affair.  If you don't take it seriously its no fun.  If you do take it seriously, it breaks your heart.  -  Arthur Daley

What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive  -  Arnold Palmer

Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues and some on golf courses  -  Adlai Stevenson

The Big Easy, Ernie Els would be my pick. Although I don't think any PGA pro has what might be considered the perfect golf swing, Els just makes it look so easy. His swing looks so fluid from start to finish. Bobby Jones had a pretty good repeatable swing too.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

The Big Easy, Ernie Els would be my pick. Although I don't think any PGA pro has what might be considered the perfect golf swing, Els just makes it look so easy. His swing looks so fluid from start to finish. Bobby Jones had a pretty good repeatable swing too.

Quoting my self here. I forgot about probably the most consistent ball strike ever to play professional golf. Moe Norman. Now that I think about it I could probably do more with Norman's swing than Els, or Jones swings.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Zach Johnson has an awesome swing too. His followthrough is crazy good.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Check out Ryan Palmer's golf swing. Now that's a smooth and effective golf swing I would say!

Best looking golf swing on pga tour. (not counting Fred Couples here)

He even has a good stat in the GIR percentage from 175-200 yards, top 2 in that stat.

I guess his mid-irons and short irons suck though...

He should get the backspin into control on his driver though. I think he could get more distance that way, according to PGA stats. He probably should change his driver :smartass:

• 10 months later...

A friend recently asked me which professional would be an ideal model to copy for the golf swing. After much thought, I got back to him and suggested Charl Schwartzel.

But why?

Easy really. CS has obviously adopted all of the swing qualities that would benefit golfers of every level...

1) Fantastic fundamentals (grip, stance, posture, Lucky Luke 2, shoulder restriction and shaft lean)

2) Brilliant back swing position (shoulder turn, spine angle, wrist/shaft/face angles and tilted lean)

3) Excellent impact conditions (shaft lean, shoulder restriction and Lucky Luke 2)

4) Longevity. This swing is going to stand the test of time and most golfers will be able to swing like this into old age.

There are of course other models out there but CS stands out for me.

Note: This thread is 3175 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!