IGNORED

If you could have any pro's swing, whose would it be?

tmac20
Note: This thread is 3174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

DLIII's.  He's my all-time favorite golfer.

My equipment:

Driver - Callaway FT3 Fusion (9 degree)
3 Wood - Orlimar Tri-Metal (9 degree)
Hybrids - Bobby Jones (17, 21 & 25 degree)

Irons - KZG XCB 5 - PW

Wedges - Warrior (52 & 56 degree)

Putter - STX Envision

Ball of choice - Callaway TOUR i(s)

Originally Posted by tmac20

He doesn't win with his swing, he wins with his mind. Well, that and his unbelievable short game of course.

He won with his mind and his puttting.  His chipping and other areas of the short game no doubt excellent but the only persons short game on tour I consider on the "unbelievable" level is Phils, nobody can utilize a wedge like he can... but his putting is suspect.  Tiger used to piss me off because I've never liked him and back when he was dominating he would just sink putts from everywhere.  I used to always watch being like "there's NO way he makes this birdie putt" and sure enough, he ALWAYS made it.  10ft?  No problem.  15 ft?  no problem.  20 ft and 5ft of break?  no problem.  It was incredible.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

I'll make my choice purely on aesthetics since it's been proven over and over there's more than one way to swing a club and win in golf.

If I had to choose one I would have to go with Greg Norman. The guy just had that swashbuckling style which may have hurt him at times but I enjoyed watching his swing back in his prime.

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Originally Posted by tmac20

He doesn't win with his swing, he wins with his mind. Well, that and his unbelievable short game of course.

No - he wins with his swing. It's the swing that puts the ball on the green

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Kieran123

No - he wins with his swing. It's the swing that puts the ball on the green

And it's his mind that makes sure that ball gets on the green. And it's his putting that makes him sink that putt.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Swing your swing says it best and lee Trevino did it best and Hogan included. I feel if we all swung more in the classic way you'd find yourself in the process and what works best and not at all for you. I've moved away from trying to maintain a modern swing in trade for more of a Hogan style and it works just fine. Look up a guy on YouTube under "my swing evolution" he is proof and trust me you won't ever look back at robot posture or butt sticking out in your stance again.

Swing your swing says it best and lee Trevino did it best and Hogan included. I feel if we all swung more in the classic way you'd find yourself in the process and what works best and not at all for you. I've moved away from trying to maintain a modern swing in trade for more of a Hogan style and it works just fine. Look up a guy on YouTube under "my swing evolution" he is proof and trust me you won't ever look back at robot posture or butt sticking out in your stance again.

What, pray tell, is a classic way of swinging? What if "your swing" produces a 30 yard banana slice or a low screaming snap hook?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Best golf swing ever, in my opinion, was Sam Snead.  Not far behind was PGA great Al Geiberger.

Around the age of eleven or twelve I read articles by Mr. Geiberger that stressed tempo, especially for the taller golfer. Tour great Bob Toski said the 6'2" Geiberger "has the best looking swing for a tall man I've ever seen."  Well, I eventually grew to 6'3", and since I could not afford to take golf lessons, I tried to emulate Mr. Geiberger's swing.

Al Geiberger's theory on the golf swing for a tall person was relatively simple:  Slowing down the golf swing would give you a better chance of hitting more shots on the sweet spot of the club face. With a longer arc, the momentum on the downswing would create greater clubhead speed, and thus distance would take care of itself.

If you want to see Al Geiberger's swing, here is an old video  found on YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILwOHs9OZ_Q

And here is a video of Mr. Geiberger about his theory on tempo..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce_6_CE6lzk

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Boo Weekley!  That guy strikes the ball with authority and he does it simply and effortlessly.  Some of these other guys look like they're doing a complicated yoga stretch when they swing and it really doesn't look like there's much ummph to their strike.  With Boo you know that ball was hit solidly.

What, pray tell, is a classic way of swinging? What if "your swing" produces a 30 yard banana slice or a low screaming snap hook?

Classic swings are those that are powered by the body like Ben Hogan did. The best way to to view it and explained simply is check out "My swing evolution" on you tube. Christo Garcia id the blogger and has numerous videos to help you hopefully like they did me.

Jim Furyk, because then i can go hussle people out of a ton of money.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

God i just looked at his swing, my back just got hurt from looking at it.

I mean come on man, OUCH!!! but i think his swing definitely goes in the thread, "Rant: Keep you head down is still a popular tip"

I mean, no way you can say this guy doesn't keep his head down :p

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by saevel25

Jim Furyk, because then i can go hussle people out of a ton of money.

haha good one

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Ben Hogan's no question.  I'd take Duff Daddy's 2nd because his swing was heavily influenced by Hogan's even the waggle.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!