IGNORED

What "grinds your gears" on the golf course?

villafranca
Note: This thread is 3874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And th and then they complain about men's only club. That's like saying if your in elementary school, for every male friend you have you have to have 1 female. It just dosnt happen

What?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm a woman and let me start out by saying that it doesn't bother me that there are men only courses. However, I was playing with three gentlemen from my club and there was a single behind us. I suggested we allow him thru on the next hole, a par three, since the course was pretty open in front of us. They refused saying singles have no rights. I always allow faster and smaller groups to play thru if there's an opening ahead of me. Sorry you feel this way about women.

Sorry, I didn't mean all women. There are a few that I have played with who have very good pace of play and and are respectful to other golfers, like yourself. There just seem to be a lot of women who are slow and obnoxious at my course.

Sorry, I didn't mean all women. There are a few that I have played with who have very good pace of play and and are respectful to other golfers, like yourself. There just seem to be a lot of women who are slow and obnoxious at my course.

I understand. They're at my course too.

Reallllllllllllllllllly slow players. My brother and I skipped 3 holes yesterday because the group 2 ahead of us were playing so slow. Every shot they would sit there and stare at their bag like it would tell them what to it and took forever on the green.

Other than that, people who don't say fore

and when i slice my drive, hate that.

Reallllllllllllllllllly slow players. My brother and I skipped 3 holes yesterday because the group 2 ahead of us were playing so slow. Every shot they would sit there and stare at their bag like it would tell them what to it and took forever on the green. Other than that, people who don't say fore and when i slice my drive, hate that.

I much prefer slow players in front of me than slow players in my group. Think I'll start a thread with a poll on that a little later, I'm on an iPhone now.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

What really "grinds my gears" is when I have the misfortune of being paired up with some ya-hoo who honestly believes that answering his text messages are more important than life it self.

I completely ignore these ingrates and usually by the 9th hole turn they seem to disappear.

I much prefer slow players in front of me than slow players in my group. Think I'll start a thread with a poll on that a little later, I'm on an iPhone now.

I agree as well, I'm usually playing with my brothers and we all seem to play pretty quickly, and if one of  is playing slow we just tell em to hurry it up

OMG- that is so true. I'm not sure I've thought that through, but when I'm with slow players in my group, I get very uncomfortable and it saps enjoyment from the round, moreso than when the slow play is ahead. Why is that????

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

OMG- that is so true. I'm not sure I've thought that through, but when I'm with slow players in my group, I get very uncomfortable and it saps enjoyment from the round, moreso than when the slow play is ahead. Why is that????

I just annoy the hell out of them until they hurry up.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

I just annoy the hell out of them until they hurry up.

I will say things on the green and tee like, "Guys, we need to pick up the pace." But it doesn't help.

One time, it got so painfully slow with two older retirees that I was considering heading to my car to go home as we passed it near the 7th hole. It was a par 3, and we let a twosome pass.... so rather than go home, I joined the twosome and played ahead! Since I just met the two retirees I was with and we had only played 6 holes, I just switched to the faster twosome. A bit tacky, but I don't care if they thought I was rude, because I thought they were rude for not speeding up. From then on, the day was a pleasure.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

For me it's because I feel a responsibility to get my group back on pace, I don't want to be a traffic cop I just want to play golf. If it's the group in front if me I have no responsibility nor avenue for speeding things up.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I'm a woman and let me start out by saying that it doesn't bother me that there are men only courses. However, I was playing with three gentlemen from my club and there was a single behind us. I suggested we allow him thru on the next hole, a par three, since the course was pretty open in front of us. They refused saying singles have no rights. I always allow faster and smaller groups to play thru if there's an opening ahead of me. Sorry you feel this way about women.

??? Why would a single have no rights, wouldn't they have just as much "rights" as anyone else on the course?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

??? Why would a single have no rights, wouldn't they have just as much "rights" as anyone else on the course?

I know seriously. If i heard that i would have laid the hammer down, shorty style :beer:

This only happen once to me, but this group in front of my group was so slow, we skipped a hole to cut infront of them. They were taking 20-30 minutes a whole. I think our grip finished something lik 6 holes ahead of them. That is insane. They were playing this 2 man best ball scramble thing, and they would just sit there while on person hit, get in their carts and then go watch another. It was just painful.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

It used to say - but no longer does - that a single has no standing on the course. It was in the rules (though in the etiquette/etc. sections, not as a rule for which you could get penalty strokes).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It used to say - but no longer does - that a single has no standing on the course. It was in the rules (though in the etiquette/etc. sections, not as a rule for which you could get penalty strokes).

[URL]http://golf.about.com/od/golfetiquette/f/singlespriority.htm[/URL]

I guess that was removed long before I started playing.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

-       Golf clubs that don’t let you change your shoes in the car park

uhhh?  What?

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

I guess that was removed long before I started playing.

I dunno, it appears the rule was around as recently as 2004, so not very long ago at all in the grand scheme of things.

Note: This thread is 3874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!