IGNORED

What Ball type and color do you prefer so you can see it easier when using a Driver ?

Note: This thread is 3598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1-Titleist DT SoLo or Bridgestone 330RX I am 55 and don't have much trouble following the ball, except one hole that I usually play right in to the setting sun. I see my drive on that hole about 2 times out of 5. Some of my playing buddies might say the reason I can still follow the white ball is because I don't hit it far enough to lose it, but what do they know? I prefer white, but have nothing against colored balls and have used them. Back when they first came out, I was hooked on orange for a while.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

white don't mess with the game.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Yawn everyone of these threads has at least one don't mess with the game guy! I thought the OP asked about what color you can see easiest when hitting driver. The yellow ball works best for my old eyes cos I hit it so far, the whit ball just disappears at about 270m, still climbing!

I see the Srixon Z Star Tour Yellow best off the driver, but because it has a fair amount of green in it too, I felt it was tougher to find in the rough than white.  I plan to research which brands/models come in orange and give them a try to see if they are easier to find in the rough.  I'm thinking with all the leaves on the ground, white might be the best.

Joe Paradiso

I just got some cheap e6 orange for winter balls, apparently they were ltd edition, and have an almost shimmering sparkley kind of finish, brilliant for winter sky's and a bit of fog as I discovered last week!

Gaz Lee

Unfortunately, these were recently discontinued - after hours of internet searching, I am sitting on a lifetime supply ... if anyone would like any, I found one supplier left in the USA that still has them - PM me

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

If the color of the golf ball affects your game then you have bigger problems.

If you think the color off a golfball will help your game is worse i think.

I mean for decades the golfball was white, some aspects off the game should stay the same.

but this is just my opinion.

If you think a yellow or orange ball is easier to find, i suggest you see the local pro, a white ball on the fairway is easiest to find, even in the rough.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

If you think a yellow or orange ball is easier to find, i suggest you see the local pro, a white ball on the fairway is easiest to find, even in the rough.

you haven't seen the orange ball above then - it is exponentially EASIER to see in flight and when it lands way out there as compared to a white ball.     Lighten up already - some people don't have eagle eyes & its far easier to see colored balls designed to be more visible - especially in flight.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

If you think the color off a golfball will help your game is worse i think.

I mean for decades the golfball was white, some aspects off the game should stay the same.

but this is just my opinion.

Hmmm my handicap is lower than yours and I hit more fairways than most and I don't think I need to consult a pro to find out what color golf ball I have to play to feel like I look the part. A white golf ball is not the easiest to find especially anyone who has played in the desert and knows that the glare the sun reflects off the sand makes it really hard to pick up a white golf ball. Orange golf balls are easier to track in flight in my opinion and I don't think that I am in the minority on this. It in no way helps my game but it surely doesn't hurt it. It's just a golf ball and the color of the ball doesn't mean someone is a hacker or a good player.

I played for the first time in 3wk yesterday(it's cool and hunting season).   It was cool enough that I played 3 balls just to see how they played in colder temps.  The pro v1x didn't seem too affected by it to my surprise but I also grabbed sleeve of orange e6 that I have no idea where they came from.  I've never played an orange ball before but wow can you see them!  I can see them in the cloudy sky and on the lush green grass.  Sticks out like a huge zit in the sand too.  I was playing a links style course so there were no leaves in the rough.  I might play my other course for fun to see how easy the contrast the leaves.  Still not sure I can play an orange ball for real score though.....it's just a mental thing.   I like white.

I just got some cheap e6 orange for winter balls, apparently they were ltd edition, and have an almost shimmering sparkley kind of finish, brilliant for winter sky's and a bit of fog as I discovered last week!

Those are actually really cool looking, I have a buddy that plays those and they do have a really unique looking finish. The cover almost looks transparent?... Still wouldn't play them though :)

Yawn everyone of these threads has at least one don't mess with the game guy! I thought the OP asked about what color you can see easiest when hitting driver. The yellow ball works best for my old eyes cos I hit it so far, the whit ball just disappears at about 270m, still climbing!

I'm sorry but "spellcheck" please... also "cos" is not a word. The word that you have been so desperately searching for is "cause" which originates from the word "because".

I'm sorry but "spellcheck" please... also "cos" is not a word. The word that you have been so desperately searching for is "cause" which originates from the word "because".

OMG, you are that don't mess with the game guy. Do you patrol the clubhouse in a gold buttoned blazer and cravat, terrorizing junior members for being inappropriately attired?

I was not searching for anything, I was writing a tongue in cheek post, complete with colourful text, plenty pronounce because as cos.

Cause isn't even a word in the sense that you are suggesting.  There is no "short for because."

Although, I do take issue with Mozgolf's post because everybody knows its spelled "cuz."  If you're going to make up a word based on slang speak, the least you could do is spell it phonetically.  Come on, man! :-P:beer:

Oh, and I play white balls for now.  I've always thought about trying yellow, simply because I would stress less over people walking off with it when I hit it into the wrong fairway, but haven't brought myself to do it yet.

[quote name="Mozgolf" url="/t/69282/what-ball-type-and-color-do-you-prefer-so-you-can-see-it-easier-when-using-a-driver/30#post_915448"]Yawn everyone of these threads has at least one don't mess with the game guy! I thought the OP asked about what color you can see easiest when hitting driver. The yellow ball works best for my old eyes cos I hit it so far, the whit ball just disappears at about 270m, still climbing!

I'm sorry but "spellcheck" please... also "cos" is not a word. The word that you have been so desperately searching for is "cause" which originates from the word "because".[/quote] Nope, wrong. Cause does not come from the word because, it's the other way around. The English "by cause" and the French "par cause" became the word because. I use white balls.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!