IGNORED

playing more than 18 in a given day?

clearwaterms
Note: This thread is 3898 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The most I played was 81 holes over 3 courses in 3 days and walked the lot! I slept like baby the final night and my feet ached but i wouldn't hesitate to do it again!

Gaz Lee

Not any more. Used to play Admiral Baker North in the morning and then hit MCAS Miramar in the afternoon. I don't hardly walk it any more either unless I am destitute enough to only afford the walker rate. I cant stand to play executive courses (par 27). But would admit to their being more than likely help improve your short game.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Hacker James

Not any more. Used to play Admiral Baker North in the morning and then hit MCAS Miramar in the afternoon. I don't hardly walk it any more either unless I am destitute enough to only afford the walker rate. I cant stand to play executive courses (par 27). But would admit to their being more than likely help improve your short game.

Par 27 isn't an executive course, it's a par 3 course.  The shortest executive course I've played was par 31.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I used to walk 36 on a regular weekly basis, and sometimes 45.  these days not so much....I may play 36 ten or fewer times per year.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Well played 36 saturday for my club champs. 72-78 so this didn't count for me.

had big time trouble on the greens in the afternoon. not used to these speeds.

In rained overnight and was warm and windy all day. so greens dried out quick.

and became very fast.

ended the competition on sunday with a 75 ( 42/33 ) tied for 3rd position.

absolutely happy with this result.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

I played 27 this past Saturday. There is actually a course where I normally play that is a 27 hole course. You only play 2 sets of 9 typically, but you can play another 9 holes for $3 plus your cart. We had time this weekend so we played all 27. Was really a great deal to play 27 unique holes at a really nice course for about $35.

We rode in a cart the whole time so I didn't get tired at all. We also had to wait about an hour for a tee time on the final 9 so we ate lunch in the clubhouse and hit the putting green until time to tee off. I played the best I have ever played on that last 9. I don't know if it was the extra practice putting or just being warmed up or what, but I shot a 46 and never had anything over a 6 which I've never done before sadly.

I think the benefit to playing more than 18 in a day is that you have more time to realize what you were doing wrong if you are having a tough day. This definitely was the case for me Saturday.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I struggle to get 18 in a week.  Even on vacations, I can play only 18 assuming I get a very early tee time so I can get back and do family activities.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Back when I was in high school 91-94, I would play a local course, Sleepy Hollow, Rome NY. They offered a flate rate all day fee. Parents would drop me off in the morning, pick me up at night. Using a pull cart, I'd typically do 4-5 18 holes... Now I'd be lucky to go 36... texas heat. Don't like carts.

Note: This thread is 3898 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!