IGNORED

Anger management!

Hardballs
Note: This thread is 3328 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just recently posted this on another thread and just wondered if anyone else has witnessed or had some crazy anger moments? a guy I played once,(a friend of a friend) was in serious need of anger management, not course management! After sculling a shot over a bunker and landing past the green, he proceeded to bash his club in the sand, 3 times in a row, like a pick axe! Then threw his club back at his bag, then marched straight over to his stand bag and kicked it! Lifting the bag 2 foot off the floor and 6 foot through the air!!! I didn't know where to look! It was only the 4th hole, but I remember thinking he wouldn't have any clubs left by the end of the round!

Gaz Lee

I was playing with my husband and son and they were riding together. On the very first tee my husband kept talking on my back swing. I asked him to "shut up" please. Notice I was polite. This happened as well on the second tee so I give the "shut the F@!* up glare. Then I could hear him laughing quietly on my back swing. So I proceed to swing and I dribble the ball out about 30 yards not even out of the rough. I got in my cart, drove to my ball, picked up the ball, made a u turn and headed to the parking lot.I loaded my bag and left. True story!

Originally Posted by barbm12thtee

I was playing with my husband and son and they were riding together. On the very first tee my husband kept talking on my back swing. I asked him to "shut up" please. Notice I was polite. This happened as well on the second tee so I give the "shut the F@!* up glare. Then I could hear him laughing quietly on my back swing. So I proceed to swing and I dribble the ball out about 30 yards not even out of the rough. I got in my cart, drove to my ball, picked up the ball, made a u turn and headed to the parking lot.I loaded my bag and left. True story!

That would be even a better story if you'd had his clubs on your cart.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by barbm12thtee

I thought for sure you were gonna drill one right at the cart, That's what my sister would have done

I know its crazy. I just shake my head when i hear the loud musings of a crazed golfer. All i think is, His round is shot unless he makes a par or birdie that makes him happy.

I use to get angry, but not that bad. I never broken equipment or lashed out against my equipment. I usually just loose my focus. Sometimes when i get angry i gain focus as well. Was playing a match, and was down going into the last 5 holes. I made a run at the guy, going par, birdie, birdie, par. I just kinda was able to take that anger and focus it on my game instead of letting it stew there.

Yea, if i was a ranger though, and i saw someone bashing the golf course like that, he would be gone. No 2nd chances, kick his ass off the course.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I have anger issues of my own. Over the weekend I was 3 over through 15 holes then double bogeyd the last 3 holes to shoot 79 (par 70 course). I lost my mind on the 18th.

I hope as I get older the anger settles down a little bit. It's a tough game

I was two over playing with a casual partner who is only 14 years old but plays well.  He hangs around the club and plays after school.  So we are through 9 holes when we joined up with two others - course was busy.  The guys were so bad.  Throwing brand new wedges 20 yards and hitting the cart path.  Bashing the sand.  Slamming driver down on the tee box after the second pushed ball OB.

It got to the point where I could hardly focus on my game as these guys had gotten into my head so bad.

Before getting grouped with them on front nine: +2 for 38

After getting stuck with them and their rage issues: +9 for 45

And to add, I always thought of myself as assertive in a situation like that.  I said several times to my young pal to "put on earmuffs" after they swing, hoping they get the picture.  Then I told them directly watch your mouth, this kid isn't one to swear and curse.  When all else failed we just started laughing to ourselves as these guys got red in the face trying to keep a ball in bounds.  Really sad way to put on a show for a 14 year old by two guys in their early 30's.

Best part is they asked for my card so we could play again.  LOL

I was two over playing with a casual partner who is only 14 years old but plays well.  He hangs around the club and plays after school.  So we are through 9 holes when we joined up with two others - course was busy.  The guys were so bad.  Throwing brand new wedges 20 yards and hitting the cart path.  Bashing the sand.  Slamming driver down on the tee box after the second pushed ball OB.   It got to the point where I could hardly focus on my game as these guys had gotten into my head so bad.   Before getting grouped with them on front nine: +2 for 38 After getting stuck with them and their rage issues: +9 for 45 And to add, I always thought of myself as assertive in a situation like that.  I said several times to my young pal to "put on earmuffs" after they swing, hoping they get the picture.  Then I told them directly watch your mouth, this kid isn't one to swear and curse.  When all else failed we just started laughing to ourselves as these guys got red in the face trying to keep a ball in bounds.  Really sad way to put on a show for a 14 year old by two guys in their early 30's. Best part is they asked for my card so we could play again.  LOL

Terrible example for grown adults to display in front of anyone, let alone an impressionable minor. Glad you were there to let the young man know it was ugly behavior. I think people act that way so you'll think' oh they probably are so used to hitting good shots every time and shoot par. This must be SO disappointing for them, how sad.' No we think what jerks!

• 1 year later...
Thought this was cute: [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/5_UVgmPDMRY[/VIDEO]
  • Upvote 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

And to add, I always thought of myself as assertive in a situation like that.  I said several times to my young pal to "put on earmuffs" after they swing, hoping they get the picture.  Then I told them directly watch your mouth, this kid isn't one to swear and curse.  When all else failed we just started laughing to ourselves as these guys got red in the face trying to keep a ball in bounds.  Really sad way to put on a show for a 14 year old by two guys in their early 30's.

Probably a very good lesson for the young man. I think sometimes kids see that behavior first-hand and decide "I'm never going to be that guy".

Jon

A coworker that I played with frequently would invite a friend along quite often. He was a great guy except when he hit poor shots. Jekyll and Hyde. After a poor drive, he took a brand new driver and broke it over his knee and threw it in a pond. First time I realized that a driver head floats. I wanted to come back later and fish it out. :) After another poor round, in the parking lot, he took his bag off his cart, picked it up over his head and threw it several feet into the back of his truck and sped off squealing tires. The last round I ever played with him, he started off well, but on the 7th hole, a shortish par 3 over water, he hits first ball in the water, his second ball in the water, his third ball finally on dry land (not the green). We were riding together. He was driving and as we pull away from the tee, he started pounding the steering wheel with his hand repeatedly. Real hard. Blood was pouring from his knuckles. I tried to say something consoling (don't remember what) and he told me to "shut the f%

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Thought this was cute:

Just imagine how pissed that kid will be when you tell him the swings and misses over the ball count as strokes.

• Upvote 1

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Pretty sure I may have posted this before, but it's worth repeating. I was golfing with a young man, and his Grand Pa. The youngster was having a tough time with most parts of his game. He missed a short putt which angered him so much, that he threw his putter into the near by water hazard. His Grand Pa with not so much of a word, took the youngster's stand bag, and tossed it into the same hazard. When the youngster gave his Grand Pa the "WTF" look, his Grand Pa told him there was no need to break up a set of clubs. Pretty sure the youngster got his Grand Pa's message.

• Upvote 2

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Pretty sure I may have posted this before, but it's worth repeating. I was golfing with a young man, and his Grand Pa. The youngster was having a tough time with most parts of his game. He missed a short putt which angered him so much, that he threw his putter into the near by water hazard. His Grand Pa with not so much of a word, took the youngster's stand bag, and tossed it into the same hazard. When the youngster gave his Grand Pa the "WTF" look, his Grand Pa told him there was no need to break up a set of clubs. Pretty sure the youngster got his Grand Pa's message.

One day while I was working in the starter booth a guy walked off the 18th green and threw his whole bag in the pond there and stalked off.  About 3 hours later he was back with a sheepish look, asking if he could go wading or swimming, whatever it took, to get his clubs back.  The pro said okay, and he fished them out of about 5 feet of water and one foot of mud.  One can only hope that he learned a self taught lesson that day.

• Upvote 1

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I usually don't get that mad at shots but today I 4 putted on a par three that I should of parred and I took the ball out of the hole and hit it about 100 yards onto another fairway. It was a pro v1 and I didn't even go get it. That was probably my most extreme moment but occasionally I take mad swings and just swing way to hard. My dad and I constantly play with a family friend of ours who is a decent golfer. Usually shoots low 80's or so and his driver and irons and putting are all good but for some reason his chipping is awful. I have seen him throw 2 wedges into water, snap one on his knee, and throw one of into some rough and not go get it. The best though is when he hits a bad shot or anything goes wrong he often yells at himself, "CRAIG WHAT WERE YOU THINKING. CRAIG ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW". So that is probably the worst I have seen.

Note: This thread is 3328 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!