IGNORED

2013 Barclay's Championship Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lighten up? Its called the Professional Golf Association. Act like professionals. They are making a mokery of it.

If Jack was there, he would slap both of them upside the head.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Lighten up? Its called the Professional Golf Association. Act like professionals. They are making a mokery of it. If Jack was there, he would slap both of them upside the head.

Doubt it. But it's an exciting leaderboard at the moment.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger just shot himself down, literally. Pulled it way left into the water and went down for the count, grimacing.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
Lighten up? Its called the Professional Golf Association. Act like professionals.

Yes. Lighten up. I found it funny. Jack would probably mumble "kids these days" and shake his head. And no it isn't. It's the PGA Tour.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Tiger just shot himself down, literally. Pulled it way left into the water and went down for the count, grimacing.

Over dramatic reaction. Hits a huge pull hook and plays it off as his injury.

Colin P.

Only thing missing from Tiger's histrionics was a team of soccer medics running out to the fairway with a canvass stretcher. The world doesn't owe you a living bc your back is sore. If you're injured, withdraw. If not, put in a tampon and suck it up.

Or he can't make a good turn but tries in spite of the pain to hit the shot that might win him the tournament and immediately regrets taking the chance. Nearly legendary that he finished one inch out of a playoff in his condition. He winced on a few good shots as well.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by Stretch

Bridgestone does make woods. But maybe they just don't suit Kutch? Or maybe his deal is just ball, hat, bag? Or whatever.

He plays Bridgestone irons...

As for his stand up back on his heels type of thing it's because of how tall he is, they sorta explained today why he does it.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Originally Posted by Infamous 273

Only thing missing from Tiger's histrionics was a team of soccer medics running out to the fairway with a canvass stretcher. The world doesn't owe you a living bc your back is sore. If you're injured, withdraw. If not, put in a tampon and suck it up.

Hmmm...He DID "suck it up" and came close to winning the tournament.

Hmmm...He DID "suck it up" and came close to winning the tournament.

I know. Poor Tiger. What bad luck it is being the only golfer on tour with aches, pains, arthritis, etc. I mean, no one has ever played injured before, right? Do you think he needs help with that cross he's bearing?

Yeah, he's probably faking, just like that fake injury when he WD from the Players a couple of years ago. You know, the fake injury that made him miss the next two majors.

Wow you guys are something else. I thought it was pretty cool the way Tiger gutted it out. Some of you claimed Tigers fakes injuries to walk off tournaments hes playing poorly in. Now hes faking today after he had a chance to win? Which is it? You kids cant have it both ways.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Originally Posted by Infamous 273

I know. Poor Tiger. What bad luck it is being the only golfer on tour with aches, pains, arthritis, etc. I mean, no one has ever played injured before, right? Do you think he needs help with that cross he's bearing?

Who said any of that? He had an injury, played through it, and came up short. No different than pretty much anybody else would have done.

Who said any of that? He had an injury, played through it, and came up short. No different than pretty much anybody else would have done.

Yeah, the only difference was the way he reacted - unlike any player I've seen who was playing through an injury. Poor form, and embarrassing to watch. His histrionics are beyond stale.

D[quote name="Infamous 273" url="/t/69433/2013-barclays-championship-discussion-thread/60#post_887862"] Yeah, the only difference was the way he reacted - unlike any player I've seen who was playing through an injury. Poor form, and embarrassing to watch. His histrionics are beyond stale.[/quote] Don't know what your deal is. If he wants to display the extent of his injuries, why the heck can't he? So other guys dont do it, good for them. Maybe you need to take out the tampon you have on! If its embarrassing for you to watch, I'm sure te PGA won't miss your viewership if you simply turn it off.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

GAHH! I was really hoping for a Justin Rose/Adam Scott playoff. That would have been fun. Congrats to Adam though, love his swing, he's been so solid lately.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Originally Posted by brocks

Yeah, he's probably faking, just like that fake injury when he WD from the Players a couple of years ago. You know, the fake injury that made him miss the next two majors.

Lucky for Tiger it was just his back and not his wisdom teeth or he might have had to withdraw.

Originally Posted by iacas

Yes. Lighten up. I found it funny. Jack would probably mumble "kids these days" and shake his head.

And no it isn't. It's the PGA Tour.

I agree.  But I was watching the early TGC coverage and I WAS bugged by the failure of Faldo and Lerner to understand that one orange joke is funny, the second is mildly amusing, the third through hundredth are increasingly annoying.

I also wondered how much of it was actually orchestrated by Cobra.  At least they didn't make Blixt wear one of those (stupid looking, IMO) flat brimmed hats.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Note: This thread is 3881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!