IGNORED

2013 Barclay's Championship Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3860 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Gotta be honest... Not terribly interested because I thought Tiger was going to win a major, and he and I both agree that everything else, like this tournament, doesn't really matter a while lot... Disappointing year for the two of us. But oh well... GO TIGS!!!

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm going to predict Henrik Stenson with the win this weekend. I get excited with any tournament that has the best players in the world. Should be entertaining!

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

It's hard to get excited about the course, that's for sure. You'd think that after being essentially given a blank check, the designers of Liberty National could have built something better than a passable resort course. The Barclays had rotated around a few great tournament venues in recent years, so going back to a course that only has a nice view of the Manhattan skyline to offer is more than a little underwhelming. Remember the last the Barclays was held here, in 2009; the quality of the golf was pretty poor, and Heath Slocum (the 124th player in a field of 125) somehow finished ahead of Woods, Els, Harrington, and Stricker.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I loved the comment from a caddy the last time they played here.  "They ruined a perfectly good landfill."

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

When the Golf Channel is telling you that the players are preparing for "long, narrow fairways" you know the course doesn't have many interesting attributes.

I would've never guessed that the guys on tour would be playing fairways that are both long AND narrow. I mean, this must be a brand new concept or something to be so noteworthy as to prepare specifically for it. You're trying to tell me that now they need to hit with distance AND accuracy off the tee? What is this blasphemy?

But on the plus side, we might see some low scores with a course like this. Doesn't appear to be too much there to worry about unless they really grew out the native grass or cut the fairway all the way down the slopes to all the water hazards. That would be interesting to see, but not much fun to play admittedly since a missed green on the wrong side of a hole with water would automatically mean you would have to take a drop. Perhaps just cutting it so that the last foot or two is rough would be better, so that it doesn't go in but you don't get a choice lie or stance.

Scoring sponsored by CDW?  Are writeable CD's making a comeback?  Burn me a mix disc, baby.

Edit: Ooops different company.  Anywho.

Originally Posted by 460CompMark

anyone got a live stream link?

It's on Live@ - they are in a rain delay at the moment, probably won't resume play for at least a 1/2 hour.

Joe Paradiso

Where the heck has this Camilo Villegas been lately? Great round today by Spider-Man.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Could there be two more opposite looking golfers than Villegas and Stadler? Geez, Kevin, mix in a salad every one in a while.

Colin P.

Originally Posted by colin007

Could there be two more opposite looking golfers than Villegas and Stadler? Geez, Kevin, mix in a salad every one in a while.

Yeah, but Baby Stads is ranked way ahead of Villegas........  I say better golf through red meat and scotch whiskey!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Lol "Baby Stads" - I'm picturing a Baby Gap type of store except all they sell is cheeseburgers and milkshakes... And pants that don't fit...

Colin P.

Originally Posted by colin007

Lol "Baby Stads" - I'm picturing a Baby Gap type of store except all they sell is cheeseburgers and milkshakes... And pants that don't fit...

I think he's wearing his dad's hand-me-downs!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I think he's wearing his dad's hand-me-downs!

Seriously, I've seen poor fat people find clothes that fit better... I know it has to be tough for fatties to find stuff that is flattering, but dude is rich, should be easy for him...

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 3860 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!