IGNORED

Cost of a Round In Your Location?

clearwaterms
Note: This thread is 1132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Every course I play in central Arkansas runs between $25-$50, from weekday twilight to weekend regular. All include cart- there aren't a lot of walking options around here.

Last four rounds I played, all different courses:

* Hansen Dam, an LA City course;  $39 to walk (weekend), plus 75 cent credit card fee (despite that they only accept CCs for payment... grrr)

* Rancho San Joaquin, an American Golf course in Irvine CA, $55 to walk (weekend).  

* Rancho Park, an LA City course, considered one of their two premium courses;  $45.50 to walk (weekend) plus the same stupid 75 cent fee.   I really should call Visa to find out if charging to use a CC is against their rules;  it was at some point.

* Shadow Mountain, a Gene Sarazen design in the greater Palm Springs area;  two for $31.50 each, including cart (but range balls were $5, shared between us).  Inspired by Sarazen, I went for the first par-5 in two, but instead of holing out, I hit one OB and one into the water.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Where I play most of my rounds, depending on the time of day, the summer rates are  $33 before 12:00 noon, and $25 after 12:00 noon. These prices will increase in the fall. 

Walk, or ride, Saturday through Friday, it doesn't matter. The prices are the same. 

I have two courses to play, and both are in excellent shape. Both are  different in how they can be played. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I don't play the same course very often.    This year I've played 12 different courses and average $22.13 / cart.     There have been only 5 times this year I've paid over $20 for 18 with a cart.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

3 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I don't play the same course very often.    This year I've played 12 different courses and average $22.13 / cart. 

That sounds amazing, I might be in the wrong state. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• iacas changed the title to Cost of a Round In Your Location?

Without looking for deals, to play a decent course around here is about 40 to 50 dollars. EagleVale, Deerfield, Lakeshore, and Wayne Hills are in that wheelhouse. It's about 65 to 80 to play the somewhat nicer courses Ravenwood, Greystone, Reservoir Creek. Theres always bunch of deals at decent muni courses where you can catch a round for 25 with a cart though, and then theres courses most will never step foot on to play, Oak Hill, Locust Hill. 

18 holes with cart $27 Fri/Sat/Sun $30 (& Holidays)

9 holes with cart $19 Fri/Sat/Sun $20(& holidays)

For 2020-Senior & Active Military & Correction Officer Discount $25

18 walking $22

9 walking $15

All day play with cart $45

Customer Appreciation Special for 2020 Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs before 10am

18 holes and a cart for only $22

War Eagle!

I am a bit like @dennyjones in that I play a fair number of different courses (19 year to date).  As a semi-retired individual, most of my golf is played Monday-Friday and typically I pay "senior" rates.  I walk about half the time and ride the balance. 

The rates early in the season tend to be heavily discounted and often only walking is permitted.  My low rate "in season" is $14 to walk 18 at a decent local course.  The high "in season" rate so far is $32 to ride 18 at a nice local course.  Play one of the top courses in the Mitten and you are looking at $150 to $250.  Generally, one can play mid-week for under $20 walking and under $35 riding with better courses around $50.

I have noted that some courses have discontinued some "specials" and/or discount programs.  The Mitten's shutdown from March 15 to the end of April hurt courses financially and I suspect they are trying to limit the damage.  Also, they have additional expenses in following the established social distancing and cleaning protocols.

Brian Kuehn

At peak times, the lowest rate you'd get for 18 in the Denver area is $40 walking. Most courses are in the $40-$60 range for 18 walking.

Most expensive would be about $200, which would include a cart. Most high-end courses like that require a cart or really necessitate using one.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

In Buenos Aires ( Argentina), 18th holes walking at my home course on a weekend cost around 10 UDS. It´s a relatively cheap course to play in the area. 

In a top Tier course (Buenos Aires Golf, where Tiger played the World Cup in 2000 with David Duval) you can pay 80 UDS on a weekend for 18th holes + 10/15 UDS if you share the cart. 

• Like 1

Although the Vancouver area is an expensive place to live (especially high real estate)...it's relatively mid priced and not too overly expensive....maybe because we can play year rd for operators to keep the green fees a bit lower.

From a low of around $21-$30 with coupons, twilight, etc...especially in the suburbs to a high of around $115.....most summer weekend green fees are $65 to $90 Cdn range.....or around $50-$70 US.

On 6/20/2020 at 5:46 AM, FlyingAce said:

It really depends on where you are in the US. I am in Albuquerque NM. The private club I am at cost between $300-$500/month depending on your age. I just became a member at a public course that cost $8000 for 6 months of play, or you can pay by the round for $200 each. I only play at these two courses so I am not sure of the cost at other courses, but I know local muni used to have $30/round with cart and hotdog days!

The golf community in Scottsdale, AZ  that my husband and I are looking to purchase a home at has a $75k buy-in and a monthly fee of $1400. 

Hi Ace:

Any good DRAMA stories from Paako this weekend?....likely not...but you're still playing your old course too...there must be some gong show stories from there the past week.

So $16,000 for you and your husband to play Paako for 6 months...that's expensive...BUT playing golf on a superior course (Paako) or an exclusive private course was never meant to be cheap and also to weed out the hillbilly golfer CLOWNS too.

Hotdog days...LMAO.😁...you're too funny, young lady!

I believe Albuquerque doesn't have many good privates to join...therefore you having to make a 1 hour round trip to pla Paako....or maybe you don't want to shell out $100,000+ in a non-refundable non-equity spousal initiation consider you might relocate after your husband retires in the not too distant future.

So is that course in Scottsdale...Greyhawk.....can't be Parsons' POSER club....I think it's  for a spousal $250,000 initation

2 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

Hi Ace:

Any good DRAMA stories from Paako this weekend?....likely not...but you're still playing your old course too...there must be some gong show stories from there the past week.

So $16,000 for you and your husband to play Paako for 6 months...that's expensive...BUT playing golf on a superior course (Paako) or an exclusive private course was never meant to be cheap and also to weed out the hillbilly golfer CLOWNS too.

I believe Albuquerque doesn't have many good privates to join...therefore you having to make a 1 hour round trip to pla Paako....or maybe you don't want to shell out $100,000+ in a non-refundable non-equity spousal initiation consider you might relocate after your husband retires in the not too distant future.

So is that course in Scottsdale...Greyhawk.....can't be Parsons' POSER club....I think it's  for a spousal $250,000 initation

We rarely see anyone at Paako so drama is not exactly possible there! Nothing at my old course either since I only play there twice a week now. They are still extremely busy on the weekends and still not possible to get morning tee times. I watch the lottery just for fun and to remind myself how lucky I am to not have to deal with it anymore.

No, not $16k. $8000 for a couples membership. Their normal season is March-October but we joined in May so we got less time to play.  I love golf but not that much to pay a premium. We still think it is expensive but worth every penny to not have to fight for a tee time. The drive is not bad. I am from California so anything under 1 hr is really not bad, well, ok maybe 30mins since I have been spoiled the last few years. We play 18 on the weekends and 9 on Mondays/Tuesdays. Once my membership ends at the old club, I will likely add another day at Paako.

Scottsdale course is Desert Highlands. You have to pay $75k at closing whether you golf or not. At the rate I am spending money, my husband will not be able to retire anytime soon...or at all LOL

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

We rarely see anyone at Paako so drama is not exactly possible there! Nothing at my old course either since I only play there twice a week now. They are still extremely busy on the weekends and still not possible to get morning tee times. I watch the lottery just for fun and to remind myself how lucky I am to not have to deal with it anymore.

No, not $16k. $8000 for a couples membership. Their normal season is March-October but we joined in May so we got less time to play.  I love golf but not that much to pay a premium. We still think it is expensive but worth every penny to not have to fight for a tee time. The drive is not bad. I am from California so anything under 1 hr is really not bad, well, ok maybe 30mins since I have been spoiled the last few years. We play 18 on the weekends and 9 on Mondays/Tuesdays. Once my membership ends at the old club, I will likely add another day at Paako.

Scottsdale course is Desert Highlands. You have to pay $75k at closing whether you golf or not. At the rate I am spending money, my husband will not be able to retire anytime soon...or at all LOL

So if you played 8 times a month at Paako...that would be around $83 per green fee....a bit expensive for NM...but then again it's Paako.....that's a premium course....does you membership include carts?...if yes...... then $83 is a pretty good price.

If a cart is included....do you ever consider playing 36/day on the weekends?

So have you short listed your retirement destination?....I would think AZ....Phoenix/Scottsdale is way too hot from May-Oct.

Heck......I've become a wimp here in Van City.....80*F feels hot and that's with no humidity....but I would still play golf in 95-100*F

Have you ever considered Oregon?....I think it might be ideal for retirement....cost of living, lifestyle, weather, year rd golf, etc......the coast has some amazing golf too.

If I short listed Oregon....I think Eugene might be targeted......unless one hated the Ducks....lol.

Eugene G&CC is supposedly an AMAZING course...nice weather year rd,...and looks like a ski resort about 90-120 minutes away???...and I think Bandon is only 2-3 hrs away too.

You know you're in trouble if your husband asks you to find a job...but that likely won't/never will happen....you know....happy wife...happy life.

Edited by Mr22putt

7 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

Hi Ace:

The course where I work has a hotdog special on Wednesdays. $35 gets you cart, green fee, small bucket, hotdog and a drink. Its an f@$king madhouse of people who have no idea how to play golf. For that reason I just practice on Wednesdays.

We have 3 Private clubs in Albuquerque, the best being the Canyon Club IMHO. Really nice course, a few years ago they ran some specials for about $500 a month. I've heard that increased. Albuquerque Country Club is nice but old. It's a short tree lined course. They let the membership get so old there that they had to start running specials because they were running out of members.  An under 35 membership at ACC now is like $250 a month. Tanoan is a glorified muni, it's an okay course, but they have way too many members because its cheap. There is a really nice private course in Santa Fe called Las Campanas, but it's quite expensive.

As far as  Paako is concerned, I think it's overrated. I mean it's a nice course, but at $200 a round, give me a break. Also, they must be paying someone off at Golf Digest to stay ranked ahead of Las Campanas because it's not as good. Additionally, you can play some pretty darn nice courses around here for about $50. The pueblos have some great courses like Twin Warriors and Sandia GC and the University course is really good, always in perfect shape, and you can walk it for $35. 

Edited by NM Golf

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

1 hour ago, NM Golf said:

1) The course where I work has a hotdog special on Wednesdays. $35 gets you cart, green fee, small bucket, hotdog and a drink. Its an f@$king madhouse of people who have no idea how to play golf. For that reason I just practice on Wednesdays.

2) We have 3 Private clubs in Albuquerque, the best being the Canyon Club IMHO. Really nice course, a few years ago they ran some specials for about $500 a month. I've heard that increased. Albuquerque Country Club is nice but old. It's a short tree lined course. They let the membership get so old there that they had to start running specials because they were running out of members.  An under 35 membership at ACC now is like $250 a month. Tanoan is a glorified muni, it's an okay course, but they have way too many members because its cheap. There is a really nice private course in Santa Fe called Las Campanas, but it's quite expensive.

3) As far as  Paako is concerned, I think it's overrated. I mean it's a nice course, but at $200 a round, give me a break. Also, they must be paying someone off at Golf Digest to stay ranked ahead of Las Campanas because it's not as good. Additionally, you can play some pretty darn nice courses around here for about $50. The pueblos have some great courses like Twin Warriors and Sandia GC and the University course is really good, always in perfect shape, and you can walk it for $35. 

1) LMAO. 

@FlyingAce if you miss the DRAMA at Tanoan in July maybe you could play on Hotdog Wednesday at @NM Golf 's course...heck if he likes you...... maybe he can sneak in an extra bucket of golf balls and another hotdog for you for the $35...your husband will appreciate you trying to save some money....take the extra hotdog home for his dinner....lol.

2) WOW...for a city of near 600,000..... three privates are low...considering it's really only two because Tanoan seems to be a semi-private course. So are there initiations at CC, ACC and LC?....if yes how much?

3) Ya....thanks for the info...I kinda thought NM golf could be fairly reasonable for green fees.

I was unaware that 50% of Albuquerque was Hispanic/Latino and I would have thought crime and property crime would be fairly low...if what I saw on the internet is true...the city's crime rate is higher than the national average.....I've never been to NM. 

Edited by Mr22putt

Pick a number...

Anywhere from $15 to $180 depending on quality of course and time of year.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 1132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!