IGNORED

Cost of a Round In Your Location?

clearwaterms
Note: This thread is 1134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Walking rates where I live are actually pretty reasonable. Depending on the course and the time you play, it'll run anywhere from $20 to $50.

It's those damn $13 per rider cart fees that will get you. A couple of the courses down south would be murder to try to walk IMHO.

Most of our real goat tracks have closed over the last few years, so you aren't going to find $10 specials. 

Also interesting how much of a premium you pay to play on the weekends. Some courses, it can be a $10 difference. If I hadn't joined Miami Shores, it would have been better to play on the weekdays and work on the weekends. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, David in FL said:

Pick a number...

Anywhere from $15 to $180 depending on quality of course and time of year.

Same here. Could be over $200 if you get a caddy and include the tip.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

8 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

1) LMAO. 

@FlyingAce if you miss the DRAMA at Tanoan in July maybe you could play on Hotdog Wednesday at @NM Golf 's course...heck if he likes you...... maybe he can sneak in an extra bucket of golf balls and another hotdog for you for the $35...your husband will appreciate you trying to save some money....take the extra hotdog home for his dinner....lol.

2) WOW...for a city of near 600,000..... three privates are low...considering it's really only two because Tanoan seems to be a semi-private course. So are there initiations at CC, ACC and LC?....if yes how much?

3) Ya....thanks for the info...I kinda thought NM golf could be fairly reasonable for green fees.

I was unaware that 50% of Albuquerque was Hispanic/Latino and I would have thought crime and property crime would be fairly low...if what I saw on the internet is true...the city's crime rate is higher than the national average.....I've never been to NM. 

I actually really like @NM Golf‘s course! It was the first course I played and the one I frequent before joining Tanoan. I do agree there are way too many members at Tanoan and they are not capping membership and keep offering great deals, therefore the tee time issues. American Golf has been trying to sell Tanoan for years but no success at their asking price. 

@NM Golf I checked out Canyon before but I fall into their regular membership making it  very expensive. They do have a great deal for those under 35. And ACC is expensive! Current deal has a 2-year commitment or you pay an initiation fee. I had no idea hotdog days are a madhouse! I have always wanted to do it but could never get a tee time! I guess that’s a good thing.

For now, I am really enjoying Paako. No drama, no crowds. I played yesterday and only saw 5 cars in the parking lot. Not sure where they were because I saw absolutely nobody on the course. I will continue to enjoy as much as I can before they turn it into a private club.

@Mr22putt We have played 27 rounds in the last month already so we should be able to bring down the per round cost in a month or two. Playing 18 is enough for me, 36 never crossed my mind! My husband has no time for drama/stress and wants to enjoy 18 holes on the weekends with no crowds - so far he thinks Paako is worth every penny and he is very happy. Happy husband, happy wife☺️

3 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

Happy husband, happy wife☺️

That's not how the saying goes....😏

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

8 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

1) I actually really like @NM Golf‘s course! It was the first course I played and the one I frequent before joining Tanoan. I do agree there are way too many members at Tanoan and they are not capping membership and keep offering great deals, therefore the tee time issues. American Golf has been trying to sell Tanoan for years but no success at their asking price. 

@NM Golf

@Mr22putt 

2) We have played 27 rounds in the last month already so we should be able to bring down the per round cost in a month or two. Playing 18 is enough for me, 36 never crossed my mind! My husband has no time for drama/stress and wants to enjoy 18 holes on the weekends with no crowds - so far he thinks Paako is worth every penny and he is very happy.

3) Happy husband, happy wife☺️

1) I'm sure Tanoan is an okay/fine facility....but considering American Golf is wanting to unload it...it's no surprise that they don't care as long as there is some positive cash flow until it's sold...heck...they may never be able to sell it....it's difficult to make money on a stand alone course....unless they have really good F&B operations to make the facility more profitable....seems like Tanoan is really a real estate play considering the housing that surrounds it based on your descriptions. 

Tanoan could likely be a nice place to golf if it was MANAGED well....no busy course should allow singles, 2some or 3somes to play on their own without it being a full 4some...unless those players have paid for a full 4some....it needs to be marshaled well and hire security to patrol and kick off any trespassers. And also to have the correct price point so as not to attract the CLOWNS that currently show up and play the course.

2) Seems like you cart it at Paako....and considering the drive.....play 36....stop for lunch...assuming the clubhouse is open (Covid) and then play another 18....heck you might not even want to keep score on the 2nd 18 holes....just practice shots that you consider are you weaknesses....change tees blocks just to add variety....there are 27 holes...so there are at least 135 different tee blocks to keep you interested...you might even want to go to some tee blocks on some par 3's and hit your driver and test your ability to make par....on some really long par 3's I've hit my driver and I don't care....as long as I'm winning the KP's and money...that's all that matters....you're a 5.5 cap....test out your ENTIRE game....soon enough you'll be scratch and hustling other golfers to pay off the $8000 membership fee....just sayin....playing for money makes one mentally tougher.

3) LMAO....Ace....even though your husband is the bread winner...you both know that YOU....are the BOSS.....but how does he feel when you constantly beating him on the course....is there a lot of TRASH talkin?

Edited by Mr22putt

Here on Lana’i I can play cavendish at no cost, or Manele for $250. Not a tough choice but Manele is sweet and with the little traffic it gets you could walk the whole course barefoot. (If you so desire)

On Oahu the muni’s are $22 to walk 18, then places like Koolina, Kapolei or Turtle Bay are close to $85 with occasional deals. And that’s why I keep a set on both islands.

Aloha,

iSank

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

On 6/22/2020 at 11:17 PM, Mr22putt said:

1) LMAO. 

@FlyingAce if you miss the DRAMA at Tanoan in July maybe you could play on Hotdog Wednesday at @NM Golf 's course...heck if he likes you...... maybe he can sneak in an extra bucket of golf balls and another hotdog for you for the $35...your husband will appreciate you trying to save some money....take the extra hotdog home for his dinner....lol.

2) WOW...for a city of near 600,000..... three privates are low...considering it's really only two because Tanoan seems to be a semi-private course. So are there initiations at CC, ACC and LC?....if yes how much?

3) Ya....thanks for the info...I kinda thought NM golf could be fairly reasonable for green fees.

I was unaware that 50% of Albuquerque was Hispanic/Latino and I would have thought crime and property crime would be fairly low...if what I saw on the internet is true...the city's crime rate is higher than the national average.....I've never been to NM. 

Oh there's DRAMA for sure! It's actually kind of funny, these people have no idea so they show up late for tee times and throw fits when we can't get them out. Today it was so packed not a single open tee time from 6:30am until 6:00pm and we have 27 holes! Some poor guy waited two hours to get on as a single. We get yelled at, cussed at, you name it. My daughter was the starter today and some guy paid for his green fee but didn't bother to check in until 16 minute past his time and threw a complete hissy fit when he was told he was out of luck.

2) We are a poor city in a poor state. Hard to support many private clubs. CC and ACC have initiation fees. I have no idea what they are right now. I heard from someone ACC was $8000 initiation and $500 a month but I don't know if thats accurate. @FlyingAce might know the cost for Canyon Club if they checked out becoming members. Tanoan is not a bad course. Some buddies of mine became members a couple years ago and the initiation was waived and it was like $300 a month April-August and $175 September-March. I mean that's cheap. They ran into the same issue though as Ace did, they couldn't get decent tee times. Being a poor city helps keep greens fees down though, because a course can quickly price themselves out of a lot of peoples budgets if they get too high. I mean the average yearly income for an individual here is just a hair over $25,000.

3) We have a huge crime problem here. It's pretty bad. Albuquerque is all about where you live. There are really nice areas, but there are more bad areas. Property crime is really bad. I've had my car broken into several times. My mom's car got stolen out of my driveway in February, and I live in a really nice area. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

1 hour ago, NM Golf said:

1) Oh there's DRAMA for sure! It's actually kind of funny, these people have no idea so they show up late for tee times and throw fits when we can't get them out. Today it was so packed not a single open tee time from 6:30am until 6:00pm and we have 27 holes! Some poor guy waited two hours to get on as a single. We get yelled at, cussed at, you name it. My daughter was the starter today and some guy paid for his green fee but didn't bother to check in until 16 minute past his time and threw a complete hissy fit when he was told he was out of luck.

2) We are a poor city in a poor state. Hard to support many private clubs. CC and ACC have initiation fees. I have no idea what they are right now. I heard from someone ACC was $8000 initiation and $500 a month but I don't know if thats accurate. @FlyingAce might know the cost for Canyon Club if they checked out becoming members. Tanoan is not a bad course. Some buddies of mine became members a couple years ago and the initiation was waived and it was like $300 a month April-August and $175 September-March. I mean that's cheap. They ran into the same issue though as Ace did, they couldn't get decent tee times. Being a poor city helps keep greens fees down though, because a course can quickly price themselves out of a lot of peoples budgets if they get too high. I mean the average yearly income for an individual here is just a hair over $25,000.

3) We have a huge crime problem here. It's pretty bad. Albuquerque is all about where you live. There are really nice areas, but there are more bad areas. Property crime is really bad. I've had my car broken into several times. My mom's car got stolen out of my driveway in February, and I live in a really nice area. 

1) What course do you work at?....hmmm...maybe I should apply for a job there...I LUV DRAMA....lol.....I guess they still do Hotdog day to maximize cash flow even though your course's tee sheet is sold out. One would think they'd stop Hotdog Day to stop the hillbillies from showing up....those people sound like a bunch of CLOWNS and their unjustified IDIOT behavior...I'm sure at times you've wanted to punch some of the customers.

2) I didn't know how poor NM is...ya $8000 and $500 monthly dues is quite cheap....out premier privates here are $50000-$90000 initiation....they used to be much higher years ago.

Wow....$25,000 avg income is so low....real estate here is stupid high...it use to be much higher back in 2017...then took a slide in prices because of the newly implemented 15% foreign buyer's tax to slow down the price of real estate.

Look at this lousy house currently on the market....$3,088,000 asking price...it's a tear down house...so basically $3M for the lot and then add in $1-$2M to build a house....no working class individual can buy this unless they already own a multi-million dollar house and want to upgrade....the real prices have been pushed up here from foreign buyers for decades....many older people here can't afford to pay their property taxes....ok....many 'normal' owners are also struggling to pay their property taxes too.

spacer.png

14.jpeg

3336 W 35th Avenue, Vancouver House for sale (MLS® R2468140). Check out property details, home price, nearby schools and neighbourhood...

3) Sorry to hear about the high crime rate there....we have a relatively low crime here in Canada (ya we do have obviously issues too)....I don't know anyone outside of law enforcement who owns a hand gun here...yes...some guys own rifles for hunting...but they are few.

Edited by Mr22putt

I'm in the Chicago suburbs.  I can walk my local course, 9 holes for $15 or 18 for $26.  $44 to ride 18, which you can find several around that price point if you look around.  Some of the more expensive courses go in the $70-100 range.

• 8 months later...

A Kansas friend, who also has a lake property near us, just retired, and today he said he bought a membership at a Topeka course where he has some golfer buddies who want him to join them.

He said, "I paid $1200 today for an annual pass covering greens fees and cart rental."

So, I told him what fees are at our local, tourist area courses:

For regular property owners who are paying the POA fee ($150/month, or whatever):
Single:  $2550

For Villas Timeshare Owners paying the $800 annual TS fee:
Single:  $3265

For non-property owners, an Annual Golf Amenities Pass (something new to me):
Single:  $4935

Generally speaking, our top-tier courses per round are a hundred bucks, m/l, some at $150, and the highest at:
April – October
19 Holes: Fri & Sat: $325 | Sun-Thurs $275

I left a clue there, if anyone wants to figure it out.

Man of the Year in Michigan 

• iacas changed the title to How Much Does Golf Cost Where You Live?
  • Administrator

Merged into an existing topic, @Ole Duffer.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

$40 to $150 here in Portland. If you want to pay the big freight you head to Bandon in the summer and pay $250.

Most of the really nice courses here are private. Waverley, Portland Golf Club, CECC.

Michael

On 6/23/2020 at 2:06 PM, iSank said:

Here on Lana’i I can play cavendish at no cost, or Manele for $250. Not a tough choice but Manele is sweet and with the little traffic it gets you could walk the whole course barefoot. (If you so desire)

Aloha,

iSank

Update: I updated my drivers license to an on island address so now I play Manele for $75, Cavendish is still free.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

Note: This thread is 1134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!