IGNORED

My Swing (Abu3baid)

Abu3baid

I will try that my friend.. Thanks!

Pleasure. Your swing is starting to look really good. Your epic beard should help with turning your shoulders on an incline, I'm almost tempted to grow one myself as a training aid! :-P

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Your camera is actually positioned too far right. The optimal position is right along your toe line. Everything looks like it's angled because of the camera's position.

This. Lay down an alignment stick along your toe line, then go back to your camera and set-it up so the alignment stick is centered in the camera and square to the view finder. Your camera position will be good for all clubs because your toe line shouldn't change.

Yep

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Pleasure. Your swing is starting to look really good. Your epic beard should help with turning your shoulders on an incline, I'm almost tempted to grow one myself as a training aid!

It is simple EJ, grow a beard and then play better golf. @Abu3baid and I have it down. ;-)

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

It's not hard either... Think of all the cash towards green fees instead of shaving stuff.. I have an idea... Instead of the shaving thread we open a beard thread :)
  • Upvote 1

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

It was raining all day in Riyadh today so I couldn't get to the range.. However, I really wanted to tape my self to see my progress, even though I just got my evolvr video today.. I'm still working on cleaning up my stance, grip, take away, P3 position to help improve Key# 1 and put me in a better position moving into Key# 2 & #3..

Also, I wanted to just show a comparison between today's swing and my swing from 2 days ago.

I can't wait to go out on the range and really watch the ball flight.. Plastic ball indoors just doesn't really tell me much.. but I think my positions are a little bit better.

@mvmac is this what you wanted to see?

Eyad

Stance width looks good for a wedge.  Left arm, left hand look better at A1 from the face on view.  Would like to see the butt of the club point a little lower dtl.  Like this, notice how the BOC is pointed at about their belt level, yours is above your belly button.  Here's what I would do, get the handle a little lower and get the weight more even between the toe and heel, sitting back on the heels a bit.

Mike McLoughlin

Stance width looks good for a wedge.  Left arm, left hand look better at A1 from the face on view.  Would like to see the butt of the club point a little lower dtl.  Like this, notice how the BOC is pointed at about their belt level, yours is above your belly button.  Here's what I would do, get the handle a little lower and get the weight more even between the toe and heel, sitting back on the heels a bit.

Thanks.. Should all of my clubs basically point at my belt level?  I'll take note of my foot weight distribution next time.

My head didn't move as much though with my stance a little narrower, but I think that means that now I have to put a lot more effort in transferring my weight forward as before I was almost lunging forward because of how wide my feet were.. Now it might take a little more effort.  For now, I'll just keep practicing with half swings and t's under the armpits and once I get to see ball flight and work on it I hope to be ready to move on to my next priority (I'm assuming it will still be #2 & #3 for sure)

Eyad

Thanks.. Should all of my clubs basically point at my belt level?  I'll take note of my foot weight distribution next time.

Doesn't have to be exact but yeah in that general area.

Mike McLoughlin

Finally was able to go to the range again..

I worked on having a good grip and setup position and A3 position and then swinging away.

I had very good success with my PW, 7i and even 5i..  It seemed like most of my ball flight was a straight hit with a very slight cut 5 yards before it landed..

Then I moved on to my 3H which I hit a couple of good shots, but not as consistent as I would have wanted, Relatively straight, but I think most had a slight left to right spin..

Finally I started hitting my driver and it was push city unfortunately.. Finally the ball started going straight after I moved my right foot back quite a bit..  That is where I saw the ball actually have more of a draw look to it, although slight.. However, lots of times before that I was hitting the ball extremely high, which is telling me I am still coming in with a very negative AoA and with a loft of 10.5* it gets even worst..

Would anyone actually recommend that I try bringing my loft down to 8* to try and counter act the negative AoA?  I'll leave that discussion for another day.

I will try and get video again very soon, but I noticed when I got home and taped my self getting into a back swing by just bringing my arm up, turning them over, turning my hips and then bringing my shoulder down put me at a total different position than the one I actually get to when I'm swinging.. Should I feel actively try and rotate my forearms so that my right hand really loads up or should it be a natural thing?

I took the below stills from the video I recorded, and the one with the check mark is the one I think I should get into at the top of my swing.. I need to find a feel that helps get me into the position, just not sure how.  The one with the X is the one I am currently getting into.. which I am assuming is just way too over extended and I'm not getting any more distance out of it..  You can see that my head in the first one isn't tilted either.. and how my arms are just under my shoulder plane.. which I am thinking putts me in a better position to deliver the club in the right path.. I know I'm going on, but there is so much to work on, so little time..

Eyad

I will try and get video again very soon, but I noticed when I got home and taped my self getting into a back swing by just bringing my arm up, turning them over, turning my hips and then bringing my shoulder down put me at a total different position than the one I actually get to when I'm swinging.. Should I feel actively try and rotate my forearms so that my right hand really loads up or should it be a natural thing?

Sometimes I have to feel motions that other people do naturally and other golfers have to feel moves I do naturally.  Everyone is different.

I would tend to say having conscious forearm rotation is not needed, if the pivot is good, arms are sequenced with the body, kind of takes care of itself.  If anything golfers tend to overate the forearms.  Looks to me like the right pic has less forearm rotation, obviously the elevation of the left arm is different.

Finally I started hitting my driver and it was push city unfortunately.. Finally the ball started going straight after I moved my right foot back quite a bit..  That is where I saw the ball actually have more of a draw look to it, although slight.. However, lots of times before that I was hitting the ball extremely high, which is telling me I am still coming in with a very negative AoA and with a loft of 10.5* it gets even worst..

Would anyone actually recommend that I try bringing my loft down to 8* to try and counter act the negative AoA?  I'll leave that discussion for another day.

Generally the more negative the AoA the lower you will hit it.  You might be hitting down but hitting it on the top part of the face.

Mike McLoughlin

Sometimes I have to feel motions that other people do naturally and other golfers have to feel moves I do naturally.  Everyone is different.

I would tend to say having conscious forearm rotation is not needed, if the pivot is good, arms are sequenced with the body, kind of takes care of itself.  If anything golfers tend to overate the forearms.  Looks to me like the right pic has less forearm rotation, obviously the elevation of the left arm is different.

Generally the more negative the AoA the lower you will hit.  You might be hitting down but hitting it on the top part of the face.

Thanks Mike.. I will keep working on my pivot and sequencing to the top until I take the next video to make sure I have that part correct.. Then I guess I can worry about my driver..

Do you agree though that the picture with the check mark on it is what I should strive to have my top of the swing look like or was I wrong in my assessment?

Eyad

Do you agree though that the picture with the check mark on it is what I should strive to have my top of the swing look like or was I wrong in my assessment?

Yeah that looked good

Mike McLoughlin

I wanted to post an update because I see some improvement in my golf swing in many different positions.

However, obviously since I am not an expert I'll leave it up to everyone here to confirm what I see or not.  I took video of me from 4 different positions, I know DTL and FO, but I am not really sure what to call the others.. even though I am sure some good analysis can be done or things can be seen from them.. So, I will include them anyways..

The thing that I really changed from a few nights ago is basically the feel that I am really swinging to right field.. The results??  I think it has cleaned up my back swing a little, it has cleaned up my impact position, it has increased my lag.. (At least I think it did all that) :)  Here are the videos

@mvmac should I go ahead and record at the range tomorrow and send a video?  I don't want to if you still want me working on my A1 priorities!

Eyad

Your swing is looking really good! Keep up the good work!

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Your swing is looking really good! Keep up the good work!

Thank you for your kind words, I'm heading out to the course in 15 minutes so I hope that this translates into a good round for me.. I know I have a ton of work to do before I get to my goal, so I appreciate your kind words!

Eyad

@mvmac should I go ahead and record at the range tomorrow and send a video?  I don't want to if you still want me working on my A1 priorities!

Looking better dude.  Yeah go ahead and submit another video.  Pretty sure James is back so he'll probably do it, you'll like him.

Mike McLoughlin

Looking better dude.  Yeah go ahead and submit another video.  Pretty sure James is back so he'll probably do it, you'll like him.

Thanks Mike, I have to admit that it feels good to be moving forward and improving to make my swing more efficient.. I am very comfortable with the same coach doing my lesson again on evolvr, and maybe switch up again for the next month as I am definitely extending as long as I need to.. (Just a thought) :) I am just so thirsty for info at this point... My wife thinks I need therapy for my golf addiction...

Eyad

ok, can I just say something..  I hate my swing right now.. ok, I said it.. I feel much better now!

so much to improve..

Back swing: I think I still have too weak of a grip, getting to a better A3, but still over compensating for the lack of tension right after A3 and thus over reaching in A4

Down swing: I am not able to come down flat enough and thus not able to swing out to right field, I need my right elbow to really go towards my belly button, but not able to do it, and thus there is too much space at A6 between my elbow and body.  I hate how I come across the ball at impact and my exit is gross!

We'll see what our friends in Evolvr can help us with.

Eyad