IGNORED

My Swing (Abu3baid)

Abu3baid

I've been practicing my bs exclusively for the past 2 weeks now.  basically just with a mirror and a cheap plastic ball to hit in the living room.

Brian was very pleased with my progress on my BS in the above video, however he wants me to bring my hands in a little bit more to move it in with the pivot so that I'm not lifting them up so much, and this should help me get the path out and more consistently make contact.. The way he put it, the BS is a much better structure to build off going forward.. 

Now, the exercise I have been doing the most has been with me taking my stance with my back to a wall as close as I can possible get, and then taking my normal BS.. the best part is that I'm not hitting the wall with my club at any point and I have been trying to work out different feels for feeling the hands working in from A1 - A2.  On the way down even though I am swinging out the club isn't laying off to the point where it is hitting the wall either, which I'm assuming is also good, but I'm not sure.

For those struggling with shallow to steep paths I would highly recommend this drill, since it gives you immediate feedback when you hit the wall on the BS.  I think I will take a video this upcoming weekend to measure progress again, but I'm not going to send another video to evlovr until I've had a month of working on this BS.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Abu3baid said:

I've been practicing my bs exclusively for the past 2 weeks now.  basically just with a mirror and a cheap plastic ball to hit in the living room.

Brian was very pleased with my progress on my BS in the above video, however he wants me to bring my hands in a little bit more to move it in with the pivot so that I'm not lifting them up so much, and this should help me get the path out and more consistently make contact.. The way he put it, the BS is a much better structure to build off going forward.. 

Now, the exercise I have been doing the most has been with me taking my stance with my back to a wall as close as I can possible get, and then taking my normal BS.. the best part is that I'm not hitting the wall with my club at any point and I have been trying to work out different feels for feeling the hands working in from A1 - A2.  On the way down even though I am swinging out the club isn't laying off to the point where it is hitting the wall either, which I'm assuming is also good, but I'm not sure.

For those struggling with shallow to steep paths I would highly recommend this drill, since it gives you immediate feedback when you hit the wall on the BS.  I think I will take a video this upcoming weekend to measure progress again, but I'm not going to send another video to evlovr until I've had a month of working on this BS.

If you replace "back swing" with "bull sh*t", your post reads completely different.:-P

Great progress. Keep up the mirror work. It really helps. Then approach hitting balls at the range the same way. Simple, Slow, Specific.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 3 weeks later...

Had a strange outing today.  Played the best front 9 ever with a 42.  Started double, double, bogy.  Then I missed a hole in one by an inch for a tap in birdie, and finally had another double and 3 pars in a row.

I thought it would carry over to the back, but I started with a double, bogy, bogy, par, bogy and then a crazy +7 lol..  And ended the round with a bogy, bogy, triple.

shot a 95 but could have been so much more.. My iron play is getting stronger, but my driver let me down big time..  It just seems when one gets better the other takes a hit, I know it's because my fundamentals need major work, but I'm feeling optimistic with what's to come this year!  

I took a couple videos, one of them is a shank.. It seems when ever I'm on the range that's my favorite shot ;)

Eyad

A lot of work to be done obviously.  It was a little chilly, and unfortunately I was wearing a black sweater!

Eyad

2 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

A lot of work to be done obviously.  It was a little chilly, and unfortunately I was wearing a black sweater!

How's the ball flight? Looks like you're still flipping and coming across the ball a little. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• 1 month later...

I have been playing basically once a week and I have been scoring somewhere between 92 - 101 with most of my rounds right around 95.

I just don't feel comfortable over the ball for some reason off the tee or on my approach shots.  I lost strokes like crazy in both those areas.  

Today for example I scored a 101 with 2 OB and 2 Lost balls off the tee.. On these 4 holes I was only able to save a double once, but the other three I shot a +3,+5,+6 and other than that I had 1 double and the rest bogies and pars.  A +20 on the front and a +9 on the back with 1 triple and 1 double on the back.

I can't wait to go on vacation in July.  I will spend the month working on my game and most likely see Joe 2-3 times to exclusively work on the driver first and the irons second.  I'm pretty comfortable with both my short game and putting so not even going to bring those up.

It really sucks not living close to a range that I can actually utilize, working with a mirror or at home does nothing for my game and I'm not going to delude my self.  If I want to get better I need practice at a range and that just doesn't seem to be practice in my situation.  

Rant over..  I wish there was some magic bullet, maybe a setup fix will go a long way :dance:

Eyad

• 2 weeks later...

Had time to video tape my self today.  I haven't really been working on my swing for the past 2 months or so, so I see this as my re-start button up until I go to the States and get some one on one lessons.

I also decided to video my pitching / chipping and putting.   

The best thing going for me is the length of my backswing.  My head does go up on the BS as well, and then comes back down at impact so that might be something for me to pay attention to.  

I know there is a slight sway in the BS, but not sure if it is really a priority.  Something to clean up for use.  I am coming into impact a lot better than I was before as there is some sort of shaft lean at the point of impact.  My sequence is still way off, which means I have a lot of work to do :(

DTL and FO pitch.  I don't really know enough to judge how good or bad it is, but I made pretty good contact on both and got it on right before the flag and rolled nicely to it.  I still need to work more on my touch IMO.

DTL chip and FO chip.  Again, I don't know enough to say what needs to be done.  I have been making good contact though.

And finally putting.. I sucked at putting today, so I figured I would video both a short putt and a long one.  Here is the short one first.

And finally the Long Putt

I have my work cut out for me over the summer if I want to start scoring under 90 any time soon.. So far, I'm still shooting between 92 - 102.  

Eyad

• Administrator

I had time to watch the pitching videos. Two quick things (but overall very good):

1. Hinge the club a bit more in the backswing. Make sure it's toe up when you do, though.
  2. Let your head rotate through. It'll help keep pivot speed up.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

I had time to watch the pitching videos. Two quick things (but overall very good):

1. Hinge the club a bit more in the backswing. Make sure it's toe up when you do, though.
  2. Let your head rotate through. It'll help keep pivot speed up.

Ditto on both counts.  For the first would hinging sooner take care of that?  For the second I see that my "head is down" for way too long, so would I work on this by trying to follow the ball flight sooner?

I appreciate you looking, so thank you.  If it's not too much to ask do you see anything crazy with my putting..  I suck at it, it's frustrating.

Eyad

44 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

Ditto on both counts.  For the first would hinging sooner take care of that?  For the second I see that my "head is down" for way too long, so would I work on this by trying to follow the ball flight sooner?

I appreciate you looking, so thank you.  If it's not too much to ask do you see anything crazy with my putting..  I suck at it, it's frustrating.

I that Erik just means to let your head rotate naturally with your pivot. 

With the putting 2 things jump out at me.

1. Your posture. You are really bent over at address and have a much wider stance than I use.
  2. Your clubhead looks like it really rises up pretty high in the backstroke. 

Now the caveat is that I have no idea what I'm talking about, so those things may not even be issues, but that's what jumped out at me. I would think that you may want to stand a little taller and try to keep the putter moving back on a flatter arc.

But like I said, I dunno shit about putting mechanics and have never really thought about them too much.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

I that Erik just means to let your head rotate naturally with your pivot. 

Yup.

6 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

With the putting 2 things jump out at me.

1. Your posture. You are really bent over at address and have a much wider stance than I use.
  2. Your clubhead looks like it really rises up pretty high in the backstroke. 

Yeah. Posture is terrible, far too much bend in the elbows. Shaft almost leaning backward.

Then your whole body moves too much: more shoulder stuff, less "everything else."

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Yup.

Yeah. Posture is terrible, far too much bend in the elbows. Shaft almost leaning backward.

Then your whole body moves too much: more shoulder stuff, less "everything else."

@iacas, just out of curiosity, in this case would correcting the posture play a role in correcting the putter head arc? I'm thinking the posture and setup issues are what is leading to the rising clubhead. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

@iacas, just out of curiosity, in this case would correcting the posture play a role in correcting the putter head arc? I'm thinking the posture and setup issues are what is leading to the rising clubhead. 

Probably. The elbows being bent that much are a bit of a problem, given the wrists, too.

Thanks guys.  I will work on my posture and bringing the Elbows in more.  Let me snoop around, I'm sure it has been discussed here before.

Eyad

I'm feeling good about my new putting posture.  It feels more upright, elbows in feeling like the are glued to my side, my stroke is controlled with my shoulders with very minimal wrist and elbow movement.  I'm able to hit my lines very well and controlled (on my carpet anyway) and it feels more natural instead of the freakish way I was set up.  Worked on it when ever I could get my hands on the putter today and will continue to do so till I play on Saturday.

I will tape again to see my progress on the weekend.  I'm hopefull!

Eyad

• 2 months later...

wow, it has been a while since I last updated the thread..

Here goes nothing.  I have been working on a steep backswing and then a change in the wrist conditions to get the shaft to loop around to shallow out on the down swing.  It hasn't been easy on me, but I have been working on it almost every day.  I've been doing most of the work in the back yard, and I haven't played any golf as of yet since I started my vacation unfortunately.

None of these swings are at full speeds, just trying to get the feel an hit some decent positions.  This is in the hopes that it translates well when I go into full swing mode.

Same thing, but from FO view.  I hit a couple real balls but none of them traveled more than 40-50 yards.

Here are a couple full swings at a plastic ball..  It must have been two different feels, because the second was better than the first in my opinion.  Still much better than what I was doing before though.

Finally a full swing FO view.

It's still a work in progress obviously, but I am making much better contact than I was before.

Eyad

• Administrator

I'm working on similar things.

One word of caution:

Analyzr Image Export.jpg

Don't go "shallow" by moving your left arm deeper. Do it by changing the wrist conditions, not the location of your arms, elbows, etc. You'll see in the first video especially that you do this A LOT.

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

I'm working on similar things.

One word of caution:

Analyzr Image Export.jpg

Don't go "shallow" by moving your left arm deeper. Do it by changing the wrist conditions, not the location of your arms, elbows, etc. You'll see in the first video especially that you do this A LOT.

Thank you for that.  That makes sense. should I keep doing what I'm doing?  I'm trying to work towards my stupid monkey badge :)

Eyad