IGNORED

My Swing (nick1998bunker)

nick1998bunker
Note: This thread is 2140 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What are some causes of cutting across the ball? My miss that last few months has been a pull hook and I got myself all lined up correctly and started playing really well (shot 32 once) but then all of a sudden the last 2 days I have been cutting across it with an open face, when I try and play a draw no matter what the divot still points left and I can't hit the long clubs, I absolutely embarrassed myself at a tournament today because of it. Any thoughts?

What are some causes of cutting across the ball?

Not turning enough on the backswing, arms not getting deep enough, weight not getting forward enough on the downswing, head going forward, shaft lining up with the lead arm before impact.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...

Just wondering how I can fix my backswing to get the takeaway correct and the swing on plane. It got really flat and laid off. The video below is after I fixed it a little bit. I think I got the takeaway but I want to find a Better position between the top and when the club is parallel as pictured. Also, what are some tendencies and problems of super short golfers that I should be careful of or try not to fix, especially heavier short people such as myself.

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/0BZK0FVS0z8[/VIDEO] Here's the swing. I had a couple new swing thoughts that made it look a lot better but it's still not there. Had a bad day that day too. Any good swing thoughts to try and make it look very good.

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/0BZK0FVS0z8[/VIDEO] Here's the swing. I had a couple new swing thoughts that made it look a lot better but it's still not there. Had a bad day that day too. Any good swing thoughts to try and make it look very good.

Don't we all wish that we could make the picture change with just a new swing thought! What is the specific thing you are trying to change and how are you going about changing it? Once you are able to answer this question you will be heading in the right direction!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Don't we all wish that we could make the picture change with just a new swing thought! What is the specific thing you are trying to change and how are you going about changing it? Once you are able to answer this question you will be heading in the right direction!

I want the club and my hands to look like they are traveling on the swing plane, getting my hands high and delivering back on a similar line

I want the club and my hands to look like they are traveling on the swing plane, getting my hands high and delivering back on a similar line

excellent.. Can you do a 1 or 2 minute video showing how you are practicing to get to that point?  It is possible that you will get very good insight on if you are doing it right or if there are other ways to practice that might be better.

Eyad

• 3 weeks later...
Www.nicholasbunker.weebly.com It still a work in progress but Ill add a little bit every week, I gotta catch up on a lot of blogs and post all my videos next time I go to the range, too much schoolwork, my swing is good again, just really short

• 2 months later...
Just started again after a 4 week hiatus. Played the crossings in CA for thanksgiving shot like 118. I have a major hook now with the long clubs and was hitting the short clubs well but slightly left.This video is me closing the shoulders (still open for some reason) and trying to turn them all the way as I noticed they weren't. I think the grip may be partially to blame for the pull. What could I change? And why does the follow through look so steep? [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/xSQGdDmuZxU[/VIDEO]

• 1 month later...

How are you hitting it?

This might be worth checking out.

Mike McLoughlin

• 2 weeks later...
2nd hole of my first round of 2015 and I made a hole in one! I knew the swing was feeling better but not that good

Congrats

Eyad

Congrats on the hole in one!  After reading all of your thread seams that I have some similar swing faults as you.  Start with the basics and check your grip, you may have too strong of a grip or have the club face closed at address.  I went through the same thin as you last spring and that was the root of the my hooking problem, a closed club face at address.  Good luck.

2nd hole of my first round of 2015 and I made a hole in one! I knew the swing was feeling better but not that good

Congratulations. That's a great way to start 2015!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• 2 months later...

Here is a swing from last week. Still struggling with impact and getting stuck. I feel like I may need to get my clubs custom fit. I feel like the grips are way too fat and the lies are way off. Had these clubs for like 4 years. The shafts may be way off too. I'm starting to miss it was right and can't hit down on it to save my life. Getting a new set in end of May maybe I can work something out till then.
Sorry it's not DTL

Swing looks good. Reason you're getting stuck is because of the upper right arm location at the top of the backswing.

Compare that with Rory and Charles Howell

I'd work on this.

Mike McLoughlin

Swing looks good. Reason you're getting stuck is because of the upper right arm location at the top of the backswing. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/117079/] [/URL] Compare that with Rory and Charles Howell [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/117080/] [/URL] I'd work on this.

Ok I think I understand it this time. From the back I want to keep my elbow right of my shirt seam. Can that be acomblished by tucking in my right elbow more? I think I may get there by feeling like I'm trying to keep my elbows touching. Is that a right feel or does that create too much tension?

Note: This thread is 2140 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!