IGNORED

Mizuno JPX EZ Forged Irons

Note: This thread is 3853 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just had my first custom fitting session ever and purchased some Mizuno JPX EZ Forged Irons. Very happy that I went and got fit as I need alot of adjustments to the clubs from standard.

Has any body been using these Irons and have a verdict on them??

I see you got about as many replies as I did. Wish I could help. Still waiting on some feedback on Titleist AP1 712's vs Mizuno JPX 825's. http://thesandtrap.com/t/69608/titleist-ap1-712-vs-mizuno-jpx-825

I see you got about as many replies as I did.

Wish I could help. Still waiting on some feedback on Titleist AP1 712's vs Mizuno JPX 825's.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/69608/titleist-ap1-712-vs-mizuno-jpx-825

:D it's just luck of the draw if you post and it quickjly goes down to the bottom of the page without a reply, i guess.

• 3 weeks later...

First let me say, I'm a BIG Mizuno fan, I'm currently on my fourth set. When the first pictures of the clubs came out, my thought was" those aren't Mizuno irons". I finally got to see them and hit them yesterday. My thought again was "those aren't Mizuno irons". The dark finish and my gosh orange, really? Taking them to the range, the set up wasn't that bad, darker color just like my Titleist wedges, not too bad, and you can't see the orange at set up (good thing). First shot a little off center with pretty good results. Second shot struck on the honey spot and I think it's still in the air, it seemed to fly forever. Long story short, I believe these will find their way into my bag, but will probably use iron covers so I don't have to look at that orange when they are in the bag.

First let me say, I'm a BIG Mizuno fan, I'm currently on my fourth set. When the first pictures of the clubs came out, my thought was" those aren't Mizuno irons". I finally got to see them and hit them yesterday. My thought again was "those aren't Mizuno irons". The dark finish and my gosh orange, really? Taking them to the range, the set up wasn't that bad, darker color just like my Titleist wedges, not too bad, and you can't see the orange at set up (good thing). First shot a little off center with pretty good results. Second shot struck on the honey spot and I think it's still in the air, it seemed to fly forever. Long story short, I believe these will find their way into my bag, but will probably use iron covers so I don't have to look at that orange when they are in the bag.

Please compare to your othe Mizuno sets. As a 5.0are you really playing to play these? I'm very interested in your comparisons. I'm a few years away from replacing my MP-53's -- once I wear them out.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

My Mizunos have been the MX23, MX25, MX200, and my current is the JPX 800 pros. I said I was a big Mizuno fan, didn't say I was a blade player.Though my index is 5 it's not because of my distance off the tee or my pin point iron shots. It's because I get up and down pretty well. Okay,by know you know I'm one of those older guy, with a body starting to wear out. Earlier this year I bought a set of TM Rocketbladez looking for the distance I'm starting to loose with age. If you have played forged clubs for awhile cast just doesn't cut it. S, even though the JPX EZ Forged is by no means your typical mizuno iron, I'm willing to use these until Mizuno figures out a my to make this game improving iron better looking, by then it will be time for a new set.

I also have JPX Pro's. How do the EZ compare?

I'm not getting any younger either. :)

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

I've begun sort of shopping for some "better players game improvement" clubs to replace my Ping G20s.  I read up on the EZ Forged, and it sounds like I may be within its target audience, but I can't really like the look.  Now, this is horridly superficial I know, but there ya go, I would kind of like something that looks nicer and orange isn't my color.  Probably good clubs, but I'm not even going to demo them.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

Note: This thread is 3853 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!