IGNORED

What are all of your favorite grips for irons and woods?

Note: This thread is 3714 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Golf Pride red VDR on all clubs expect putter. Super stroke 2.0 on that.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Same on all clubs ... "Pure Pros" right now. Love em! Also have a set of golf pride niions that I reviewed for the site that I really liked. (But they were orange so I swapped the pures back on for now)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How are the niions? Was thinking of going with the orange ones next re grip

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

How are the niions? Was thinking of going with the orange ones next re grip

I loved em. Orange wasn't really my thing ... But the grips themselves are great. A lot like my pures in fact. Basically just rubber (no cord) and tacky. If you're on the desktop version of the site click on the hyperlink number next to "reviews" under my name and I think you'll find it.

Not sure about white grips but the Red VDR's I use stand up well. They lose very little of the original shade. I still have the same grip on my 5 iron from the start of last season. It looks just as lively as the other irons and woods I had re gripped earlier this season.

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

I use Lamking REL 3 GEN White on a set of irons, and Lamkn Performance Plus Wedge Grip on the ... uhm,  Wedges. I may use the Performance Plus on the irons and woods next time as it is less tapered. yes sir

The Lamkins have lasted 2 years in my irons and I use them frequently. I also clean them once per week. At the same time, I'm always looking for grips that hold in hot, humid conditions without a glove. When it gets in the high 80's, the glove comes on.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator
PURE Grips. Hands (grips?) down.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Irons - Winn Dri Tac Oversize

Woods & Driver - Winn Dri Tac Wrap Lite Oversize

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Originally Posted by iacas

PURE Grips. Hands (grips?) down.

Agreed.  Best grips out there; wouldn't think about putting anything else on my clubs (and I've tried them all).

As for your question on the white grips, I just took a set of the PURE Pro's in white off my clubs.  Not because they were worn our or even looking bad; I just wanted a different color.  Still looked like new after a lot of rounds and a hell of a lot of range balls.  Every set of PURE grips I've taken off is because I wanted a color change-not because they were worn out.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

Iomic Stick 2.3

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

New Decade multicompound midsize on all but the putter.

Superfast 12 LS Driver set at 10*w/ProLaunch red shaft

:callaway:RazrFitXtreme w/MatrixBlackTie 15*:adams:Idea ProBlack hybrid 16*:adams: Idea ProBlack Hybrid 20*  :callaway: RazrX Forged 4-PW  CG14  54* S Wedge

Idea A3 60*  L wedge

:rife: IBF Aussie Tour Blade putter

I really liked the blue WinnLites I put on this season but they wear out a little too quickly so I'll be looking at something else when I regrip this winter.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Compounds - Driver, woods, hybrids

Golf Pride Tour Velvets - irons, wedges  (I might put the Multi-comps on them this winter)

Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol - putter (but the Super Stroke 3.0 felt REALLY good when trying them out) - I'm wondering also if the regular Jumbo would have been better at twice the weight.  We'll see..

I don't really have a strategy.  Wouldn't know where to start but would like to.  I'm finding that I like the feel of what I have though.

Bill - 

Golf Pride Tour Velvet *midsize* on everything. I'm even thinking of getting on on my putter (I grew up with round grips on the putter).

Even though I wear a ML cadet glove (shorter than average fingers), I find I get a better grip with the midsize grips.

I've read a few comments/articles over the last few months (*after* I got my grips) that many people play grips that are too small for them.

Bob E.

Dallas, TX

Note: This thread is 3714 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!