IGNORED

Golf Stereotypes - Which one are you?

RonTheSavage
Note:Β This thread is 2922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Talking of pictures people. You have seen mine? Yes that’s me standing beside the latest version of the E Class Mercedes….Now! Hand up all those of you bright boys with an A in spelling and punctuation who can claim the same degree of financial success that owning a car like that demonstrate.

Spoken like a true American:Β  "I've got money and that means I'm better!"

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, β€œexcept golfers."Β 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

To the bold: You didn't sucker anyone. I called you a troll from the beginning, and was spot on.

To the underlined: You realize you're on a golf forum, correct? There are a large portion of people on this site with plenty of money, myself included. Congrats on your wealth, but I highly doubt that you're alone in that category as far as golf enthusiasts are concerned.

Also, owning a car like that can demonstrate financial irresponsibility just as quickly as it can demonstrate financial success. I'm not saying that YOU areΒ financially irresponsible, but there are plenty of people driving around in an E Class Mercedes that shouldn't be. Also, not exactly an honest comparison, as if I'm not mistaken, a Mercedes E Class is quite a bit less expensive in Scotland than it would be in the US.

They use them as taxis in a lot of countries.

Bill M

As usual can’t cope with the truth or see the point…It was not I who went on and on and on about spelling etc…It was you nice people. The "reason"... you could not put forward a constructive debate on the subject to hand.. You’re also the people who introduced the offensive trash...the act of a Β Philistine I would add. Yet you still can’t or more likely won’t acknowledge where you fail. And fail you do...you have let your countrymen down big time with your crass and feeble minded language.

The car.....Β  (whatever it costs and you SOL know nothing!Β )Β  Was not the point. TheΒ POINT was that the ability to spell or punctuate is not an impairment to success. In addition to which I will add.Β  Β I will bet my IQ against any on this site.

PS: The bought and paid for car is my 4 MB following 5 BMW’s. et al.

And another thing SOL...According to the H/Cs I'm a better golfer than you. Suck on that buster.

F.Y.I.. SOL... You go on the interweb and you will see that in USA the E Merc start at 52,000+ US dollars. My car cost Β£35,000. At today’s rate according to the BBC that’s $53,760 ..You truly are a big mouthed Muppet. Check your facts before you run off again.

Or maybe just get enough sense to give it up.Β  We have a saying in this part of the world...When you find yourself in a hole it's time to stop digging.

The car.....Β  (whatever it costs and you SOL know nothing!Β )Β  Was not the point. TheΒ POINT was that the ability to spell or punctuate is not an impairment to success. In addition to which I will add.Β  Β I will bet my IQ against any on this site.

And another thing SOL...According to the H/Cs I'm a better golfer than you. Suck on that buster.

To the underlined: I've attached a photo of my Senior year transcriptΒ at the bottom to back myself up. I've circled my field, and my final GPA. It's no IQ test, but at least I'm willing to back myself up with something other than a picture of myself leaning up against a fancy car.

To the italicized: If you ever come to America, or I'm ever in Scotland,Β I will gladly play you in a match. As that's the only real way to determine that, since my HCI is an estimate...and a number posted on the internet doesn't mean anything. You could be a vanity capper, and I could be a sandbagger. Who knows? Plus, based on your picture, I have like 30 years to lower my HCI by a whopping 4 strokes. Easy.

Ryan M
Β 
The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)
Β 
IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Pfft...an "S" in Megacities of Asia. Β It's a wonder you can even find this website!

Haha, I took it as an S/U course. Ended up with an A anyway, but it wouldn't have helped my GPA, so why bother?

The 3.96 was good enough to beat my buddy Jon for first in our class by .01. He was ticked. :beer:

Ryan M
Β 
Β 

• Administrator

no just ban the derp

Done (from this thread).

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lookingfortruth

To the underlined: I've attached a photo of my Senior year transcriptΒ at the bottom to back myself up. I've circled my field, and my final GPA. It's no IQ test, but at least I'm willing to back myself up with something other than a picture of myself leaning up against a fancy car.

To the italicized: If you ever come to America, or I'm ever in Scotland,Β I will gladly play you in a match. As that's the only real way to determine that, since my HCI is an estimate...and a number posted on the internet doesn't mean anything. You could be a vanity capper, and I could be a sandbagger. Who knows? Plus, based on your picture, I have like 30 years to lower my HCI by a whopping 4 strokes. Easy.

Seriously wasting your time proving yourself to this asshat. IQ is the last way I would prove any intelligence and I have a fairly high IQ. My aunt is in mensa and I think mensa is for social misfits that score high on IQ tests. She is idiot. So are you LFT.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Well I have 6 bentleys a 200 IQ my handicap is +5 I'm a member at augusta national, I once shot a 44 for 18 holes using only my putter.

FT Optiforce 440 Diamana S+, Nike covert tour Kuro Kage, Mizuno MP54 4-PW, Vokey SM5 52 56 60, Odyssey White Ice #2

On behalf of all the latecomers to this thread, I'd like to say.... what?

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Well I have 6 bentleys a 200 IQ my handicap is +5 I'm a member at augusta national, I once shot a 44 for 18 holes using only my putter.

Kim Jong il? I thought you dieded?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Chuckle.Β Β  I just thought of another golfer type (not stereotype but definitely monotype for sure).

How about my-golf-management-IQ-is-higher-than-thou type?Β Β  Or, maybe, it is just a sub-type of The Adviser.Β  ( Thsi sentneyc msityped nitnetionlly.Β  )

In the spirit of off topic reply, I am listening to Eric Clapton's cover of Bob Dylan's Knock, knock, knocking on heaven's door.Β Β  Speaking of "cover," did you notice, even an amateur YouTube guy can cover Bob Dylan's song better than he sings.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I'm actually the most interesting man in the world, and yes i do prefer Dos Equis it is true

FT Optiforce 440 Diamana S+, Nike covert tour Kuro Kage, Mizuno MP54 4-PW, Vokey SM5 52 56 60, Odyssey White Ice #2

Seriously wasting your time proving yourself to this asshat. IQ is the last way I would prove any intelligence and I have a fairly high IQ. My aunt is in mensa and I think mensa is for social misfits that score high on IQ tests. She is idiot. So are you LFT.

Wasn't a waste of time, I had nothing better to do at the time anyway. :beer:

Ryan M
Β 
Β 

Hey guys, this is me standing next to myΒ car...

(In case you missed it, that was a bit of sarcasm there)

While a picture may be worth a thousand words, it doesn't mean anything if all thousand of those words are filled with:

A) Baloney (possibility)

B) Self-righteousness (likely)

or

C)Β Narcissism (almost definitely)

Nope.Β  Kim did a lot better.Β  Read the article below.

"Along with the Sunday death of North Korean leader Kim Jong il went one of the most fantastic records ever established in golf. The son of North Korea's founder died of a heart attack at age 69 - or 70 (his date of birth was either 1941 in Russia or, according to the official biography, in 1942 at a secret military camp on Baekdu Mountain in Japanese Korea). During his reign as the unquestioned, unchallenged leader of the secretive nation, Kim, according to official North Korean state media reports, routinely shot three or four holes-in-one per round of golf.

But in the 1990s - another moment in time when an event in North Korea varies (some say it happened in 1991 and others in 1994), the late dictator, then 50 (or 53) years old, set a golfing standard that will assuredly never be surpassed. It occurred at the grand opening of the Pyongyang Golf Complex, which contains North Korea's only 18-hole golf course. After picking up a golf club that day for the very first time in his life, the Dear Leader of the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea fired a 38-under-par round of 34 at Pyongyang. According to the 17 security guards who observed the performance, the score included an amazing 11 aces . Naturally, the event was dutifully reported to the North Korean masses by the state news agency."

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note:Β This thread is 2922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!