IGNORED

Club Rotates within Hands Sometimes

PDilyard
Note: This thread is 3857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So here's a weird problem. I've searched the internet and cannot find anyone else with this problem.

When I swing with just one glove on my left hand, I have a hard time making good contact with the ball. I often blade it, no matter what iron I'm using. On impact, I can feel the club slip in my hands and it feels like I may let go. Sometimes the club will even rotate so that the club face is maybe 15-30 degrees closed. With one glove, I almost never hit it as far or as high in the air as I can.

This problem started just this year in the early parts of the season. It has not happened all year. I could feel the club slipping in my hands, so I decided to see what happened if I wore two gloves. I bought a glove for my right hand, put both of them on, and ta-da, the problem was fixed. I hit my irons straight, long (for me), and with a nice trajectory. Ever since, I've been playing fine with two gloves.

At the range this week, I decided to see what happens if I try just one glove again (I was thinking maybe the two gloves was just placebo, and I fixed my grip somehow), so I wore a glove on my left hand only, and the same problem continued. I can feel club rotate in my hands, which results in a hook and usually topping the ball.

This problem only happens when I wear one glove. With a glove on each hand, it never happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

This problem only happens when I wear one glove. With a glove on each hand, it never happens.

Any ideas?

Wear two gloves ;-) Other than that I'd make sure the grip isn't in the palm of your hands but more in the fingers of the right and on top of the heel pad with the left.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Perhaps you need a thicker grip. The gloves could be mimicking a thicker grip.  I have midsize grips on all of my clubs.  If I swing a club with regular size grips, it seems to rotate more in my hands.

Note: This thread is 3857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!