IGNORED

2013 NFL Football

Golfingdad
Note: This thread is 3726 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I could do without all the hot pink we're going to see this month.

Good start for the bills!

Agreed about the hot pink.

And suck it, Bills.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Agreed about the hot pink.

And suck it, Bills.

Its certainly a good cause of course, its just over done.

Obviously, there's no way to know this, but I think the Bills would have won if EJ Manuel didn't go down.  I felt like the Bills were playing the better game--with the exception of special teams.  But once EJ went down it was clear they wouldn't score again.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Its certainly a good cause of course, its just over done.

Obviously, there's no way to know this, but I think the Bills would have won if EJ Manuel didn't go down.  I felt like the Bills were playing the better game--with the exception of special teams.  But once EJ went down it was clear they wouldn't score again.

Is that really a fair statement when our QB gets injured and goes out in the 2nd series of the game?

Ryan M

Is that really a fair statement when our QB gets injured and goes out in the 2nd series of the game?

Yes. Your backup is a former first round pick. Ours is an undrained rookie.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Yes. Your backup is a former first round pick. Ours is an undrained rookie.

So is JaMarcus Russel, Mark Sanchez, and Brady Quinn. The Bills weren't winning that game with Manuel. Even with Manuel in they gave up 17 unanswered points. He couldn't move the ball very well, their running game was just working.

Either way...sole possession of first place! Got to see a Browns and Bills fan fight too...resulted in them both getting maced by the police. Haha.

Ryan M

Hoyer out for the season, torn ACL.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Yep. That's the way it works in Cleveland. Finally find a QB who can play, and he makes it 2.1 games before he gets knocked out for the season.

I hope they hold onto him and see if they have something. Pocket QBs can recover from ACL tears easier. I really don't like any of the QBs leaving college in 2014 anyway.

And dsc, I know Weeden was a 1st round pick, but the guy sucks. He stares at one receiver the entire play and if he doesn't have 7-8 seconds to stand there like a statue he gets sacked. Hoyer was an undrafted guy with 3-4 games of experience and I'd take him any day.

Ryan M

Sad.  I was rooting for him to do well.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I just can't get excited (yet) about the Thursday night games.  They usually seem pretty boring and (I've heard) sloppy ... which makes sense given that they are all short 2 days of practice.  Besides, last night the wife and I were busy having heart attacks watching UCLA squeak out a win over the Utah Youthhhhhhhhs.  (I hope somebody gets that reference ;))

That said ... it looked like last night was a pretty good game!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To avoid the sloppiness in general, I wonder how complicated it would be for the NFL to always schedule the Thursday games between two teams that just came off of a bye?

So is JaMarcus Russel, Mark Sanchez, and Brady Quinn. The Bills weren't winning that game with Manuel. Even with Manuel in they gave up 17 unanswered points. He couldn't move the ball very well, their running game was just working.

Either way...sole possession of first place! Got to see a Browns and Bills fan fight too...resulted in them both getting maced by the police.

After the score was tied 27 to 27 and Tuel was playing, the bills had 6 drives totaling 2 first downs and 1 pick 6. The browns scored 6 points during this time before the pick 6 to end it. You are telling me the bills with ej manuel couldn't have gotten 6 points in 6 drives? Not buying it.

Also you can't compare the backups. Weeden played all of last year and started the first two games of the year for you. The only reason he went out is because he got hurt. Tuel has never played a regular season NFL snap before last night and was an undrafted rookie.

Sad.  I was rooting for him to do well.

Same. Especially since Lombardi (Browns' GM) used to talk a it how if he were a GM he'd trade for him immediately and make him a starter. And then that did happen. Maybe the Browns should go looking for other former Patriots backup QBs. I imagine Rohan Davey is still available. Or Damon Huard. :-)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

After the score was tied 27 to 27 and Tuel was playing, the bills had 6 drives totaling 2 first downs and 1 pick 6. The browns scored 6 points during this time before the pick 6 to end it. You are telling me the bills with ej manuel couldn't have gotten 6 points in 6 drives? Not buying it.

Also you can't compare the backups. Weeden played all of last year and started the first two games of the year for you. The only reason he went out is because he got hurt. Tuel has never played a regular season NFL snap before last night and was an undrafted rookie.

One, the Bills never got to 27 points at any point in the game. Second, EJ Manuel wasn't moving the ball. Their first TD was the result of a pass interference call, their 2nd touchdown was a 50+ yard rushing TD by Spiller, and their third touchdown happened with Tuel at the helm.

EJ: 11/20 for 120 yards and 0 touchdowns. 74.8 QB rating. Yep, I can imagine if he would have stayed in, he would have dismantled the Browns defense...

Ryan M

So at this point in the season ... who do we think are the favorites for the Super Bowl???

I guess the easy, obvious choices would be Denver and Seattle, but what does everybody think about the other contenders?

Are the Chefs actually for real?  I mean, the Andy Reid/Alex Smith led Chefs???

Do Belicheck/Brady have enough up their sleeves to overcome their lack of basically any other weapons on offense?

What about the Saints?  I feel like they are under the radar, or at least were preseason because people were picking the Falcons.

Any others???  The Lions?  The Colts?  Don't say Cleveland! ;)

• Administrator

Are the Chefs actually for real?  I mean, the Andy Reid/Alex Smith led Chefs???

NFL expansion has really gone too far if we have a team named the Chefs!!!!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Do Belicheck/Brady have enough up their sleeves to overcome their lack of basically any other weapons on offense?

Won't really know until November when Vereen gets back. IIRC Brady played under center last week more than he has any week since like 2007, mostly because Vereen's strength is running out of shotgun, which most of their other guys suck at. As for the short term ... ugh. Ridley hasn't practiced all week, and though they're deep at running back they're much better when they can mix guys in and out depending on situation. They'll continue to be just okay if the o-line stays healthy. Wilfork out for the season is going to be rough. We'll probably see more 3-4, and more Brandon Spikes at middle linebacker. Talib and Dennard have to keep coming up big. And not beat up any more cops. The Bengals haven't been great in the past few weeks and their defense is a bit banged up, so 5-0 shouldn't be too hard. The game against the Saints the next week will be telling. [quote name="iacas" url="/t/69880/2013-nfl-football/210_30#post_904831"] NFL expansion has really gone too far if we have a team named the Chefs!!!! [/quote] Talk about bringing a knife to a gun fight. (And the award for lamest pun goes to....)

In my bag:

NFL expansion has really gone too far if we have a team named the Chefs!!!!

Hahaha.

No, I don't think the Chiefs are real. They'll win some games, maybe even end up 9-7 or 10-6, but they won't go far. Seattle is real, but their offense worries me a little.

Denver doesn't look like they can be stopped. At all. Cleveland actually has a shot at winning the division, but that doesn't mean they'll be great. It's more a reflection of how bad the AFC North is right now. Pittsburgh is toast, Cincinnati is overrated and Dalton sucks, and Flacco...wow...Flacco...

If I had to guess, the Cleveland Browns will be in sole possession of 1st place after this weekend. I don't see the Bengals beating the Pats or the Ravens beating the Dolphins.

Ryan M

One, the Bills never got to 27 points at any point in the game. Second, EJ Manuel wasn't moving the ball. Their first TD was the result of a pass interference call, their 2nd touchdown was a 50+ yard rushing TD by Spiller, and their third touchdown happened with Tuel at the helm.

EJ: 11/20 for 120 yards and 0 touchdowns. 74.8 QB rating. Yep, I can imagine if he would have stayed in, he would have dismantled the Browns defense...

Right it was 24-24 not 27-27.  When Manuel came out CLE started stacking the box. We didn't get ANYTHING off the running game as soon as Tuel came in because there was no threat for the pass. At least CLE had to sort of respect Manuel's passing ability. They were driving the ball downfield with Manuel, running effectively. Tuel presented absolutely no threat. 6 drives and you don't think they could have scored any points? Not buying it.

Right it was 24-24 not 27-27.  When Manuel came out CLE started stacking the box. We didn't get ANYTHING off the running game as soon as Tuel came in because there was no threat for the pass. At least CLE had to sort of respect Manuel's passing ability. They were driving the ball downfield with Manuel, running effectively. Tuel presented absolutely no threat. 6 drives and you don't think they could have scored any points? Not buying it.

But at the same time, how many more points would CLE have scored with Hoyer in? Watch the tape...here's a stat for you, Hoyer ranked #1 in the NFL in getting the ball out after the snap. Weeden? Dead last. He stands there like a statue locked on to one receiver. He can only make a play if he has 7-8 seconds to stand there and wait for his primary receiver to get open.

That's why he gets sacked so often and has to just throw the ball away.

Sure, the Bills may have scored 6 more points, just like the Browns could have scored another 14.

Ryan M

Note: This thread is 3726 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!