IGNORED

2013 NFL Football

Golfingdad
Note: This thread is 3726 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A huge difference between the Ross/Fontes/Marriucci/Marinelli/Morninwieg (sp?)/etc days is they now have a good GM, and thus a talented team. What they unfortunately don't have, is any clock or game managemt, or discipline, both of which directly relate to coaching. Also, while he isn't the offensive coordinator, he ultimately is responsible and 727 pass attempts makes for a very one dimensional offense. Pretty similar to the Chargers under Norv in my mind, a lot of talent being wasted by poor coaching.

Good lord! Chance to go up two scores in the 4th quarter? Sounds like a perfect time for a fake FG! :facepalm:

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Good lord! Chance to go up two scores in the 4th quarter? Sounds like a perfect time for a fake FG! :facepalm:

They were up 4 it would have put them up a td not two scores.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They were up 4 it would have put them up a td not two scores.

You're right, typo in my part. Still dumb.

~Justin

At least the Jets won, based on yesterday it appears  Geno Smith > EJ Manuel

Sorry! Couldn't resist! :beer:

Before the game Marrone told EJ to let it fly.  I think he had been playing too conservative up until yesterday.  Some of his deep balls didn't look too good, but I'll chalk it up to the strong winds.

Watching Geno Smith play reminds me a lot of watching AJ Burnett pitch (when he was on the Yankees).  From one day to the next, you have no idea if you're going to good Geno or bad Geno.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Watching Geno Smith play reminds me a lot of watching AJ Burnett pitch (when he was on the Yankees).  From one day to the next, you have no idea if you're going to good Geno or bad Geno.

Actually, Geno and the Jets have been the most predictable team in the league. They won last week, so we knew they were gonna lose this week. Just like we know they're gonna win next week...

Only team to alternate wins and losses in the first 10 games of the season. lol

• Upvote 1
Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Sorry! Couldn't resist!

Before the game Marrone told EJ to let it fly.  I think he had been playing too conservative up until yesterday.  Some of his deep balls didn't look too good, but I'll chalk it up to the strong winds.

:beer: it's okay, have to take the bad with the good.

Fortunately I was out golfing for most of the game so I didn't see Geno doing his best impersonation of Mark Sanchez.  I picked up the Bills on my fantasy team because I had a feeling the ugly Jets and Geno were going to show up, they scored 26 points for me.

Joe Paradiso

These Lions games are getting painful to watch. Almost makes me wish for the days of old when I went into every game expecting them to lose.

Almost...

~Justin

• Administrator

Well, the Browns lost half of their annual Super Bowl today. Yawn.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Cows take Giants.

Satisfying win … at the buzzer.

Romo keeps the ball for last 4:55. Nice.

Although the Cows are merely an average team.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Romo is actually a great QB although his playoff record would say otherwise. I just think their whole issue is Jerry Jones and his hands on approach. He needs to stay out of he way IMO for the Cows to have any future success. Go Hawks!!!!

In the :ogio: Cart Bag :cleve: Launcher 9.5° Stiff :dunlop: 15° 3W Stiff :wilson_staff: D100 / 19 & 22° Hybrids Stiff :adams: CB3 Irons 4-GW Steel :adams: A7OS 54.5° SW :nike: 60/06 V Red LW :cobra: 35" Face Balanced Mallet Putter

Is RG III a shot player already? Or is Shanahan just an idiot and exposing him unecessarily?

He's certainly regressed.  Its not just that he can't run, he was a terrific passer last year.  I don't know if its the injury or the coach or what.  Hopefully with a full year off he can get back to where he was.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

He (RGIII) is only in his second year -- it's typical for a guy to regress after one year, plus he is coming off a severe injury.

Let's see what he does to rehab more during the offseason and develop his skills.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Is RG III a shot player already? Or is Shanahan just an idiot and exposing him unecessarily?

Both, the legend of bob griffin was nothing more than an alleged legend.. Shanahans *legacy* is all based on the man with horse teeth.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Originally Posted by dsc123

He's certainly regressed.  Its not just that he can't run, he was a terrific passer last year.  I don't know if its the injury or the coach or what.  Hopefully with a full year off he can get back to where he was.

He (RGIII) is only in his second year -- it's typical for a guy to regress after one year, plus he is coming off a severe injury.

Let's see what he does to rehab more during the offseason and develop his skills.

I also don't think he was fully healthy in Week 1 and rushed back from his injury. He didn't play as explosive as he did but I think he was just trying to be conservative, which really isn't his game.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

I agree with you 100%. I think he rushed back to be ready for week 1. A guy like that who depends on his legs quite a bit has to be fully healthy to be effective. I read this week that he's pressing also becasue he knows that Kirk Cousins is looking over his shoulder. He knows Cousins is no scrub.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE

I also don't think he was fully healthy in Week 1 and rushed back from his injury. He didn't play as explosive as he did but I think he was just trying to be conservative, which really isn't his game.

I agree with you 100%. I think he rushed back to be ready for week 1. A guy like that who depends on his legs quite a bit has to be fully healthy to be effective. I read this week that he's pressing also becasue he knows that Kirk Cousins is looking over his shoulder. He knows Cousins is no scrub.

RG III obviously has a deteriorating relationship with his coaches, particularly the Shanahans.

I read a piece out of Washington yesterday and I see that some are starting to refer to him as RG 3 and 8.

Bill M

Note: This thread is 3726 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!