IGNORED

2013 NFL Football

Golfingdad
Note: This thread is 3720 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here's a stat for you...

With Colt McCoy at QB and Greg "Brick Hands" Little as the Browns number one receiver, Peyton Hillis averaged an entire extra yard per carry with virtually the same quality offensive line, and even less offensive weapons.

For the record, Peyton Hillis was drafted in the 7th round, and obtained via trade of Brady Quinn.

I don't wanna hear about the line...again, Adrian Peterson played in an even worse offense, and he didn't dance around. He has vision, patience, and burst that T-Rich just doesn't have.

Running ball is partially an offensive line, and partially the running back. There are few running backs, I MEAN FEW, running back in history that have been able to run well with out a good offensive line. Actually I can think of only one, the great and probably the greatest running back of all time, Barry Sanders. I know his stats are short because of his early retirement, but don't discredit the guy for wanting to be able to have a healthy retirement. The guy is the ONLY guy I have ever seen who can have the whole line cave in around him and come out and create yards. Not even the hyped up Reggie Bush can do that.

It has been shown through out the years, when a Running Back goes from a good line to a bad line, or a line looses a few key players, that RB looses production. Believe me, Adrian Peterson is not a Barry Sanders. Adrian Peterson is lower the boom type of running back. He's not a make you miss guy. If you stuck Adrian behind a bad Offensive line, that guy isn't getting near 2000 yards rushing. He's not going to average less than 3.5 yards a carry like TR, but he's not getting near 2000 yards.

To me here's the thing. Trent came in and had a crappy offensive coordinator. Then they get a new Coordinator, and basically start from scratch. To me, I think Trent didn't like being a Cleveland Browns player. I think he gave up. He came from winning a NC at Alabama, to a non contender in Cleveland. He doesn't know this situation. All Trent knows is WINNING, to quote Charlie Sheen. There is no way with a man of his talents that he can't will himself to get 4 yards a carry. The guy is what 5'9" tall and 225 lbs. This guy can't get close to 4 yards a carry. To quote Skip Bayless, ARE YOU KIDDING ME. This guy ran havok on the SEC and he can't produce in the NFL, seriously. Believe me, I watched this guy play, he has vision, and he hit the hole hard at Alabama. He's in the NFL, and he can't show the same patience and tenacity when he played at Alabama.

This tells me he's not trying. So what does Cleveland do, they trade him. Usually when you trade someone you get a few picks, 2nd and a 3rd. Cleveland was able to get a FIRST round pick for the guy. This was a brilliant move by Cleveland. Get rid of a guy who's basically dead weight, ship him off to a contender in Indy, were I will say this, he will get better stats. This was a win win move.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

:beer:

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I didn't even assume that ... just also didn't feel like spelling the whole danged thing out. ;)

Thank goodness we aren't discussing Ben Roethlisberger.  I have to look the spelling up every time.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Great debate, can we all agree on one thing though...Tony Romo is way overated, Jerry Jones is now officially a clown, and the Dallas Cowboys have been the most overhyped team for at least the last decade...America's team, give me a break (not that I'm biased or anything...haha!).

I am a Cowboys fan but gave up on Tony Romo after he killed the clock against KC last week.  With 1st & 10 16 seconds left the ONLY thing a QB is NOT to do it throw a short pass to the line of scrimmage to a RB who is surrounded.  Of course the RB is tackled and the clock runs out.  Other options included throwing the ball away of course.  And resetting with a stopped clock for 2nd &10 and another chance at a hail Mary.  Romo is an idiot and not a smart end game player but we just signed him for 1,000 more long years so Hell with it.

I am a Cowboys fan but gave up on Tony Romo after he killed the clock against KC last week.  With 1st & 10 16 seconds left the ONLY thing a QB is NOT to do it throw a short pass to the line of scrimmage to a RB who is surrounded.  Of course the RB is tackled and the clock runs out.  Other options included throwing the ball away of course.  And resetting with a stopped clock for 2nd &10 and another chance at a hail Mary.  Romo is an idiot and not a smart end game player but we just signed him for 1,000 more long years so Hell with it.

I'll trade you Romo for Sanchez.

Joe Paradiso

I'll trade you Romo for Sanchez.

Uh no, at least Romo makes that pass, Sanchez would look like a chicken with its head cut off.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Wow. A few years ago, Vick sees that blitz and takes off. Dudes got heart - he knew he was gonna get rocked. He got the pass off, took the hit, and got the TD.

What's the over/under on how many games Vick makes this year before he breaks.....?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

What's the over/under on how many games Vick makes this year before he breaks.....?

I don't think it's more than 8.  He's always had injury issues, so not a question of if, just when.

Joe Paradiso

UGH...brutal night out of the Eagles last night, so many holes on that team, going to be a looooooong season for Birds fans. I give KC credit, though, very solid defensively. The Eagles looked pathetic, only highlight of the night was seeing Dawkins fire up the crowd at half-time for the McNabb ceremony. Was praying he'd suit up for them in the second half...haha. On the plus side, I got a last minute invite to a client golf outing at one of the really nice local private courses in the area for this Monday. I love when work and golf meet!!!

Lock of the decade has to be Seattle over Jax, in Seattle this week, FWIW.

I have Seattle's D in three of my fantasy leagues. I fully expect them to be my highest scoring position. lol

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Philly looked like a Divisional Lock Week 1. Not so much Week 2 and 3. Their O-line needs some work. Vick was constantly pressured last night.

Seattle looks like a solid team again this year. Although Carolina completely shut down Lynch in Week 1. And I have to agree that SEA over JAX is a lock, but I can't imagine the payout being much.

Denver looks to be an easy pick to make it to the Super Bowl. Although I think KC is a dark horse in that division. 3-0 with almost a 40 point spread b/w points-for and points-allowed.

SEA-DEN Super Bowl is probably the best odds. Maybe SF but they'll have to get past SEA and that didn't work too well last week.

Slice, our teams are playing today. Should be fun. The game is being televised in the Milwaukee market as well so I can actually watch it.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Slice, our teams are playing today. Should be fun. The game is being televised in the Milwaukee market as well so I can actually watch it.

Yeah, Jamaal Charles did his best to help me win, but Dwayne Bowe must be a Cipher fan. lol

Ryan M

Yeah, Jamaal Charles did his best to help me win, but Dwayne Bowe must be a Cipher fan. lol

Ha ha. With Rice out I have to start T.Rich in my league as well. I would have liked to sit him for a week. Oh well.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Ha ha. With Rice out I have to start T.Rich in my league as well. I would have liked to sit him for a week. Oh well.

Meh, he should plug in for his typical 3.5 ypc average for you. If he gets 20 carries, you'll get your 7 pts...plus some receiving yards maybe. ;)

Ryan M

Note: This thread is 3720 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!