IGNORED

Is It Possible to...

colin007
Note: This thread is 3849 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

...consciously change your swing path by just telling yourself (mentally) to do so?  In other words, you're swinging OTT and hitting a lot of fades.  Can you tell yourself to hit more from the inside and actually do it?  I ask because I hit my irons pretty straight, but have a tendency to wipe the driver and cut across a bit.  Sometimes I'll tell myself to just visualize the driver coming in from the inside and I'll manage to hit it pretty straight or even with a slight draw.  I'm sure this is a wildly inconsistent way of addressing swing path but then again, I suck.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For my Spring tune-up, I spent a weekend somewhere warm taking lessons. My pro made me hit balls with only one thought:  make sure the club head comes from the inside.  She didnt care where the ball went; she just wanted me to feel that angle of attack.  We did it for 3 hours taking breaks to chip and put and rest.  Whenever I would try to slip some other swing thought into the process she would pull me back and say:  the ONLY thing I want you to think about is delivering the head from the inside.

It works for me, only when I am conscious of it.

It's seems to be so easy to slip back into an OTT or outside in swing.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

...consciously change your swing path by just telling yourself (mentally) to do so?  In other words, you're swinging OTT and hitting a lot of fades.  Can you tell yourself to hit more from the inside and actually do it?  I ask because I hit my irons pretty straight, but have a tendency to wipe the driver and cut across a bit.  Sometimes I'll tell myself to just visualize the driver coming in from the inside and I'll manage to hit it pretty straight or even with a slight draw.  I'm sure this is a wildly inconsistent way of addressing swing path but then again, I suck.

Its very hard to do so when you don't have keys 1 - 3 down. If your weight is back, and your head is moving away, you naturally want to flip at the ball, which is a natural over the top move. If you get your head steady, and primarily your weight forward, you can have more success controlling the club path.

Yes, when i keep my weight forward and my head steady i can control the club path a lot better, and mentally force myself to swing more from the inside. I was at the golf simulator getting fitted for irons. I've been hitting straight draws. So i focuses really hard to swinging more out, and i hit push fades. So you can do it, but i can't do it if everything else is all over the place. How can you feel what your doing if your whole base for the swing is moving around.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Yes. How likely it is depends on Keys #1-3 as Matt said, at least if you want to continue to hit the ball solidly.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yes. How likely it is depends on Keys #1-3 as Matt said, at least if you want to continue to hit the ball solidly.

I find that it's not something I have to think so much about with the irons, but with the driver it can helpful. I'm sure it's inconsistent, especially when I pull hook it... Lol...

Colin P.

I suppose it's possible as long as your body knows the feeling you need to know to do this. If not, it's like your brain is making a phone call to your body and no one's home. Your brain can think about doing something, but if your body doesn't know the motion, it may be quite difficult.

I suppose it's possible as long as your body knows the feeling you need to know to do this. If not, it's like your brain is making a phone call to your body and no one's home. Your brain can think about doing something, but if your body doesn't know the motion, it may be quite difficult.

most of the time that happens when your lacking in the first three keys, because now you visual and body positions are changing to much during the swing to know what your doing with the golf club.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3849 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!