IGNORED

Has The Golf Channel helped you play better? Or do you just watch Holly Sonders?

jbest
Note: This thread is 3828 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't listen to a thing Breed says. He says many things that contradict things that I have done which have worked for me.

FT Optiforce 440 Diamana S+, Nike covert tour Kuro Kage, Mizuno MP54 4-PW, Vokey SM5 52 56 60, Odyssey White Ice #2

I don't listen to a thing Breed says. He says many things that contradict things that I have done which have worked for me.

like what? Everything has worked for me! You just have to figure out which stuff applies to you. He could be contradicting himself because you can have swing that need different work but both produce the same ball flight

Please don't tell me that's what makes him bad in your opinion.  There's a lot of guys on the PGA Tour who break a LOT of basic things that most instructors would never try to teach you to do - but it works for them.  There is no one single golf swing to teach someone.  I'm just curious why people think Michael Breed could possibly be a "garbage" instructor when the dude is a professional golfer who has been teaching for decades.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

And is like the number 3 best instructor[quote name="Chris223" url="/t/69919/has-the-golf-channel-helped-you-play-better-or-do-you-just-watch-holly-sonders#post_896498"] Please don't tell me that's what makes him bad in your opinion.  There's a lot of guys on the PGA Tour who break a LOT of basic things that most instructors would never try to teach you to do - but it works for them.  There is no one single golf swing to teach someone.  I'm just curious why people think Michael Breed could possibly be a "garbage" instructor when the dude is a professional golfer who has been teaching for decades. [/quote]

Teacher of the year is a political thing-He does a lot to promote the PGA with his show. You cant rank who is the Best Instructor so they give it out. There are many examples of Breed giving bad information-Just look around here or other places with knowledgable guys. Im more than qualified as are many others here.

Can you explain what makes a pro golfer and guy who's been named Teacher of the Year before "not that good"?  Just curious.  I enjoy the show, myself.

Couple examples.  With the resources available to him there is no excuse for this.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Please don't tell me that's what makes him bad in your opinion.  There's a lot of guys on the PGA Tour who break a LOT of basic things that most instructors would never try to teach you to do - but it works for them.  There is no one single golf swing to teach someone.  I'm just curious why people think Michael Breed could possibly be a "garbage" instructor when the dude is a professional golfer who has been teaching for decades.

Like I said...He's says things that contradict what I do in my swing. For example one of his tips was the "credit card drill" and said it puts you in a position where you just need to deliver the club. The problem with this is if you release the club at all you will probably duck hook it. This was a problem I struggled with and I got a lesson and she told me to try to be a little more cupped at the top...now I don't hit duck hooks. I didn't mean he was a bad teacher, just what he says has never worked for me.

FT Optiforce 440 Diamana S+, Nike covert tour Kuro Kage, Mizuno MP54 4-PW, Vokey SM5 52 56 60, Odyssey White Ice #2

Like I said...He's says things that contradict what I do in my swing. For example one of his tips was the "credit card drill" and said it puts you in a position where you just need to deliver the club. The problem with this is if you release the club at all you will probably duck hook it. This was a problem I struggled with and I got a lesson and she told me to try to be a little more cupped at the top...now I don't hit duck hooks. I didn't mean he was a bad teacher, just what he says has never worked for me.

Well you weren't doing what he was saying then.I personally love that drill. I have a strong grip anyway so I don't really bow it but make it straight.

Teacher of the year is a political thing-He does a lot to promote the PGA with his show. You cant rank who is the Best Instructor so they give it out. There are many examples of Breed giving bad information-Just look around here or other places with knowledgable guys. Im more than qualified as are many others here.

Fair enough Phil, after further looking at your profile, I see you are in fact someone that would be entitled to this opinion, and I retract my previous statement. I personally do like Hall and Breed though, they have definately helped me develop a better golf swing.

Did you say something?  All I saw was the picture.   Seriously, I really enjoy Michael Breed and Martin Hall.   I've used several of their tips.

Haha I have to agree. Although. I have to use YouTube or the Golf Channel and Swing Academy apps as my cable provider doesn't have golf channel. :(

And is like the number 3 best instructor

Except that, thanks to this site, you know more about the ball flight laws than he does :-)

Mike McLoughlin

The paid online lessons branch of Golf Channel is a mixed bag as well. I took a look at a more than a few lessons and the quality is all over the map.

I don't know if I should mention this, but Golf Channel's Swingfix online lessons website has terrible security. I was able to see many lessons that are supposedly private. Some great instruction, but some not so great.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I watch Holly, Lauren, and is Winn on there any longer?

When I want to learn, I tune in to TST.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Except that, thanks to this site, you know more about the ball flight laws than he does :-)

I was watching his thing on how to hit hooks and slices and he said you gotta aim more in 1 direction so he definantly has some idea

I was watching his thing on how to hit hooks and slices and he said you gotta aim more in 1 direction so he definantly has some idea

Not sure what you're saying...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Nick, having "some" idea isn't good enough for someone who has a show on Golf Channel.  And you don't have to aim in one direction, Tom Lehman has his feet aimed left and draws every golf ball.

This is how he wants you to set-up to hit a draw that starts right of the target, "toe the club in".  This is dangerous information

Mike McLoughlin

I meant if he said that if you want to slice it you need to aim more left because it will come off the face right when you hit it. And maybe he dosnt want to confuse the golfers when he can't explain everything in detail to them.

Brad Faxons short game tips have been invaluable. That and I enjoy watching the web.com tour.

An old pro once told me this....."No matter what youre going through in life....Never sell your golf clubs."

I meant if he said that if you want to slice it you need to aim more left because it will come off the face right when you hit it. And maybe he dosnt want to confuse the golfers when he can't explain everything in detail to them.

If the face is left, the ball will start left.  If he's got time for this (below), I think he's got time to say, "ball starts where the face is aimed and curves away from the path".  Also 90% of slicers already have a leftward facing face at impact.

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 3828 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!