• Announcements

• iacas

Snell 20% Off   11/24/2017

TST Partner Snell Golf is having a 20% off Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale! Check it out at snellgolf.com.
Sign in to follow this  
APrince

How to speed up tempo

1 post in this topic Last Reply

I rebuilt my swing and have swung so much at a slow 3/4 tempo at full extension, that when i speed it up for more pop i cannot get my timing right consistently.

should i just stick with my current tempo and just play shorter since this swing is getting pretty consistent. or is there a drill to help with tempo to get that extra pop back.

for example, my current pw is 100 meters (109 yards) but i have another 25-30 yards i cant get back without all the bad swings just to get that 1 good one.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
    • I don't know what Titleist is attempting to do other than introduce their version of a Chrome Soft at a ProV1 price - good distance, soft feel, good spin around greens is what I see posted. For people who were buying Chrome Soft, and Titleist did not want people to desert the Titleist brand... still, worth $10 more than a Chrome Soft? And Callaway is introducing a revolutionary Chrome Soft and CS-X in 2018... Still the AVX will probably be enough to keep most Titleist loyalists at home.
    • I like this visual face on view of the kinda rocking hip look showing the tilt from face on.  This view simplifies the tilts in my brain.  
    • On the Titleist website, one guy who tried them mentioned a price of $48 a dozen.
    • I’m no instructor but I think the key will be to work on one priority at a time.  Erik has given you that one thing. Practice it in slow motion. Take video of those slow motion swings. Speed up til you have it right at full speed. Then continue that until you don’t think about it much. Then incorporate the next thing. The shanks should take care of themselves when you change the picture. Take a look at this: The other things I might add to the mix at any point are static like grip and posture (if those are problems, or if you need a refresher- and I’m not saying you do). Those things can be found here: Basically the shanks will fix themselves as you change the picture. That takes time and deliberate effort, not just a day on the range hitting balls at full speed with new thoughts.  
    • From course to course and region to region, bunkers represent the largest inconsistency in golf conditions as I see it. Example:  Many of the bunkers in and around NE Ohio public courses are, a) rarely in good condition; b) can be a sand and micro pebbly mix; playbox sand; worse. Then you go to a quality place and the bunkers are raked, in good shape and you catch a pretty good lie most of the time.  That is until you take your swing and find out only the top half inch of the sand is good. Your club bounces off the rock hard base beneath the good sand and blade one over the green and into more trouble. Played a couple of RTJ golf trail courses last year.  The sand was powder.  More like moist talcom powder than sand.  No idea how to hit from a bunker with very dense, heavy sand.  Left a few in because I'd never played from that type of sand. Tour pros are fortunate that bunker conditions are consistent from week to week for them.  The rest of us suffer with 'no idea' how the bunkers will behave from round to round. Remedy?  Stay OUT of the bunkers at all cost.  They are not fair, not in good condition and sand consistency is definitely NOT part of bunker play for most of us.
  • Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. AlexPodlogar
      AlexPodlogar
      (42 years old)
    2. gowpowdsp
      gowpowdsp
      (43 years old)
    3. mambo1888
      mambo1888
      (34 years old)
    4. Stanley51
      Stanley51
      (66 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...