IGNORED

2013 Tour Championship Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I listened to Tiger the other day in an interview before the Championship tournament... And they talked about his game coming into the week... He said he has been striking the ball well, but his putter has failed him.  And they mentioned a stat where he had 7 three putts in last weeks four rounds.  I mention this because I only saw a few shots today as I've been busy here at work... But I saw him miss some shortish/make-able putts.

What is up with this dudes putter?  Has he lost his magic with the wand?  I don't remember the last time he had a solid putting round since the Firestone/Bridgestone tournament.... Time to get another lesson from Stricker!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listened to Tiger the other day in an interview before the Championship tournament... And they talked about his game coming into the week... He said he has been striking the ball well, but his putter has failed him.  And they mentioned a stat where he had 7 three putts in last weeks four rounds.  I mention this because I only saw a few shots today as I've been busy here at work... But I saw him miss some shortish/make-able putts.

What is up with this dudes putter?  Has he lost his magic with the wand?  I don't remember the last time he had a solid putting round since the Firestone/Bridgestone tournament.... Time to get another lesson from Stricker!!

He was #1 in Strokes Gained Putting earlier in the year and was #14 heading into this week, so he has not putted as well the second half of the season, but it looks like he gained close to 2 shots the 3rd round last week...

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

so... just how good were Stenson's Iron shots yesterday. Absolutely incredible! 6 within a few ft was it? Make it all that much sweet as I've got a bet on him :-)

I don't think his tee shots on all 4 par-3's missed by more than about 10 feet......combined!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

They showed a stat today on Woods that showed yesterday was the first time since 2010 that he didn't have at least one birdie in his round and only 7 times in 1083 rounds since professional that he didn't card a birdie in a round..... only 7 times in 1083 rounds?? That's just crazy.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Tiger near the bottom ensures that we won't be forced to watch every grimace, scowl, wince, flinch, whine and cheat that comes out of him. I consider that a win for everyone. ;-D

you're kidding, right?

Bill M

Oh, I think you will see every swing. There are only 30 players. Only a handful will be in contention, so there will be plenty of time to see all of Woods' shots.

For some reason we did see very few shots actually, of anybody. Many times there was probably a US commercial break and rest of the world were shown either statistics or pictures of Atlanta. Then we cut back to action and Stenson is hitting his second. Never was the drive shown, why on earth? I really do not understand when there is 30 players playing, they can not show somebody hitting the effing ball. Then we have Tiger hitting from behind a fence, how did he end up there. No they have to show scoreboard with East Lake club house in background.

I'm sure Stenson could use the money more than Woods.  Kudos if he can keep this up.  I didn't get to watch yesterday, but will this weekend.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Birdie and no bogeys through six holes. More birdies and no bogeys, please! I hope Tiger can keep it up.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Birdie and no bogeys through six holes. More birdies and no bogeys, please! I hope Tiger can keep it up.

Saw the highights - that putter is still not working... he needs an Aimpoint lesson and Edel fitting.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Looks like Tiger was in the first group off today while Stenson and Scott go off last.  First day appeared to be FEC standings with Tiger and Stenson paired last.  Are the last 3 days based on your TC score?  I think I would like it more if Sunday's times were based on projected FEC standings, but I guess that would be weird for determining the TC.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Looks like Tiger was in the first group off today while Stenson and Scott go off last.  First day appeared to be FEC standings with Tiger and Stenson paired last.  Are the last 3 days based on your TC score?  I think I would like it more if Sunday's times were based on projected FEC standings, but I guess that would be weird for determining the TC.

I heard they re-pair each day.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Hmm.. 5 under through 13, clean so far. Where was this guy yesterday? Heck where has this guy been for the last few weeks.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Geez, Tiger -5 so far. T9 at the moment. Stenson and Scott about to tee off.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Hmm.. 5 under through 13, clean so far. Where was this guy yesterday? Heck where has this guy been for the last few weeks.

Guess he decided he wanted to show up today - Furyk too

Bill - 

Guess he decided he wanted to show up today

And he was missing putts early...

Geez, Tiger -5 so far. T9 at the moment. Stenson and Scott about to tee off.

Not any more. Double bogey. back to even for the tournament.

Bill M

Note: This thread is 3859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!