IGNORED

question for those who play public courses

wils5150
Note: This thread is 3839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This year, I've probably played about 15 different courses and honestly there is only one where I noticed the landscaping.  I am more interested in the course itself.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

keep the parking lot and clubhouse area tidy and thats good enough for me.  My home course has daffodils that grow in the spring but thats really it.  They freshen up the mulch every year and keep it looking "maintained" but its really maintenance free other than mowing the clubhouse grass. As far as a clubhouse goes..it doesn't have to be fancy, either.  A good selection of hot and cold snacks, well stocked drink coolers...we're good to go!

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

I couldn't care less about landscaping in the parking lot.   Neat and clean is sufficient.  My wife would notice such things but I look solely at the course itself.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

interesting holes and well maintained greens and fairways are the only things that matter to me, the rest is just the icing on the cake :)

I would completely agree.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I think everyone's top priority is going to be course conditions. However, depending on the layout of your property, a nice parking lot/clubhouse could be very important.

Is your parking lot/clubhouse visible from any roads with frequent traffic? If so, then I would say it is very important for that area to be well maintained as people driving by are going to judge your course based on your presentation of it from the road. If they see a gravel parking lot with weeds growing in it and dead shrubbery, they likely aren't going to move their Saturday morning foursome from the competitor's course to yours. On the other hand, if they see a well-kept lot that seems inviting, they may decide to give your course a shot.

Of course, I'm speaking mostly of first-time golfers at your course. Once they have been there, I think they will remember the course layout and conditions more than what the parking lot looked like. However, getting them there for the first time is half the battle.

Note: This thread is 3839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!